User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    How can I answer except by saying everything is dependent on everything else.

For instance the perception of dominance is dependent on the perception of deference.

The perception of black is dependent on the perception of white.

And the perception of the left is dependent on the perception of the right.

But look, dear Nolla, right in front of you - here we have a discussion of dominance with nary a mention of deference.

We are trying to understand dominance without understanding deference.

It is just like trying to understand the ideology of MBTI without understanding free thought or the flow of feeling.

It's like trying to understand Jennifer without understanding Victor.
    So, for the sake of deepening the discussion you choose to narrow yourself. Interesting. Almost as interesting as the perception of grey.

But you dear Nolla in your shadowy and snowy fastlands may have set us on the right path.
    Glad I could help.

I can't be bothered reading the thread. Has anybody been mentioned as a dominant member?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I can't be bothered reading the thread. Has anybody been mentioned as a dominant member?
    No, don't start that again! This is a discussion. If it makes you feel any better you can just crown me the dominant member because I'm in control of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

More fun with names! I think that **** is pretty cool and everybody likes them and when they are on people talk more. Also ***** is cool and generates a lot of conversation. Wait! who could forget ******** and ****** they are both smart and fun. There are so many more!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I knew you'd see it my way.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Omg! What a coincidence! See here , Wolfy.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Thumbs down The Dance of Dominance and Deference

Has anybody been mentioned as a dominant member?
    Nobody can be a dominant member all by themselves. They need at least one other deferential member.

And equally, no one can defer all by themselves. They need at least one other dominant member to defer to.

So dominance and deference is a group effort.

In fact dominance and deference make the world go round.

But the secret is to take it turn and turn about.

As one moves from dominance to deference, the other moves in the opposite direction to maintain the balance.

And so the dance of dominance and deference is unsurprisingly between at least two people.

And when you have a dancing partner, you always have someone to blame. But sometimes, when the moon is full, you can forget yourself and become the dance.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

At more than seventeen thousand posts Jennifer is the Prime Minister of MBTI.

While by temperament and a modest four thousand posts Victor is the leader of the opposition.

And of course the purpose of the government and the loyal opposition is the limitation of power.

And so we can expect the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition to be as friendly as a snake and a mongoose.
    I think actually I've tried to extend you an open hand many many times, my friend, and connect with you on a personal level... but you prefer the dramatic illusion. Different strokes, I guess.

Prime Minister of MBTI, though? Wow. Aside from barely spending any time in MBTI topics anymore or doing any reading for a few years in it, that's kinda cute.

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    ... So who wants a boob job?
    Actually, now that you've brought it up...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Hey ^ that looks like one of my cats wearing a hat, I mean crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Actually, now that you've brought it up...
    Naw, now that I come to think of it, boob jobs are just too base, banausic, and bourgeois . Now redemption through suffering that has long term humour potential.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Omg! What a coincidence! See here , Wolfy.
    Nice, the truth finally comes out. We must now sacrifice him to the volcano to end the recession, floods and earthquakes.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"