User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

It is just like highschool! Hanging out with the stoners, slackers and troublemakers over in the SP forum all the time.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Jack was popular because he was a stalking horse.

Once he was dead we dressed him up as a horse and called him, "Absent".

And we found he was more popular absent than present.

He spawned a whole, little industry of philosophical speculation.

He became a lightening rod for discontent - discontent with banning itself, discontent with the way he was treated, and yes, even neurotic discontent.

And absence fed on presence, and speculation fed on discontent, until we had clocked up 1,000 posts without taking a breath.

And we did all this without a word from Jack Flack - not even as a hidden hand behind the scenes.

We shall never see another scene like it. They tried to shut us down by putting us in the Graveyard, but it only inspired us to greater heights.

It was the perfect slap in the face to the controllers and their ideology of MBTI.

We were free of them for one brief careless moment and it was glorious. And we owed it all to Jack Flack.
    I don't really know much about Mr. Flack, I have read some of his posts in the past and thought they were quite interesting,...

I'm wondering which current TypoC member was this infamous "Jack", sitting in the deck the whole time!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    It is just like highschool! Hanging out with the stoners, slackers and troublemakers over in the SP forum all the time.

Its the place to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Jack was popular because he was a stalking horse.

Once he was dead we dressed him up as a horse and called him, "Absent".

And we found he was more popular absent than present.

He spawned a whole, little industry of philosophical speculation.

He became a lightening rod for discontent - discontent with banning itself, discontent with the way he was treated, and yes, even neurotic discontent.

And absence fed on presence, and speculation fed on discontent, until we had clocked up 1,000 posts without taking a breath.

And we did all this without a word from Jack Flack - not even as a hidden hand behind the scenes.

We shall never see another scene like it. They tried to shut us down by putting us in the Graveyard, but it only inspired us to greater heights.

It was the perfect slap in the face to the controllers and their ideology of MBTI.

We were free of them for one brief careless moment and it was glorious. And we owed it all to Jack Flack.
    For all your accolades of the dude, you can't even remember how he spelled his name. For shame. You're a bad flack for the Jack.

Jack Flak.

At more than seventeen thousand posts Jennifer is the Prime Minister of MBTI.

While by temperament and a modest four thousand posts Victor is the leader of the opposition.

And of course the purpose of the government and the loyal opposition is the limitation of power.

And so we can expect the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition to be as friendly as a snake and a mongoose.
    Your delusional arrogance is what your "opposition" opposes of your character. You against Jennifer? Really? Why? Just because she recently told you to stop spamming another thread with your MBTI conspiracy bullshit? Oh please! Grow up!

Btw, Mr. Age of Reason, you can't be any kind of "loyal opposition", if you are universally liked, as you voted of yourself, in this thread:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...y-central.html

Court jester, are you?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I would have been in agreement with you until my name was mentioned, but now that it has been, I'm all for posting names.
    You would be

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I think it's kind of like high school around here honestly. There ARE dominant members (i.e. "popular" members) and there are cliques and ass-kissing fests all over the place, and serious lack of integrity much of the time. People run with the pack here whether they like to admit it or not, just like irl. Maybe it's not as heated as intpc, but it does exist, at least imo.

There are a few members who are very insightful to me, yet don't make the popular lists everyone likes to tick off. Popularity and dominance definitely exist here, just in a milder, more subtle, form.
    Hmm, maybe it is perspective. Maybe I'm completely oblivious of these matters because I hang out in the SP section too much
    For myself, I feel that I can go and talk to ANYONE here and not be swatted off like what I have to say isn't worth anyone's time. I personally don't think I belong to a certain clique, heck I didn't know we had cliques. I think I'm just too busy trying to bring people together with fun and trying to enjoy myself that its something that just hasn't been apparent to me.
    I'd be a bit upset if someone felt they couldn't talk to me because they think I'm apart of some clique or something.

I think it also has to do with the purpose that people come here for. I come here to interact with people so as soon as I got here, I made an effort to make some friendships. I'm open to meeting all kinds of people, thats why I'm here.

And look how many responses your thread got! Don't get discouraged. That's pretty good. You might be on your way to dominant status.
    Lol, this thread did get pretty big, pretty quickly. I may just have to sit back and enjoy this ride.
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Thumbs down Black and White; Left and Right.

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I think it's not wise of you to define yourself as an opponent of Jennifer. Being opposition (in any public way) means that you have to exclude the parts of yourself similar to your enemy (since the public opinion is always black and white). In which case you would lose more than you can bear. Besides, why would you want to have your definition be dependent of anyone else than you?
    This is a very good question - and I would expect no less of you.

How can I answer except by saying everything is dependent on everything else.

For instance the perception of dominance is dependent on the perception of deference.

The perception of black is dependent on the perception of white.

And the perception of the left is dependent on the perception of the right.

But look, dear Nolla, right in front of you - here we have a discussion of dominance with nary a mention of deference.

We are trying to understand dominance without understanding deference.

It is just like trying to understand the ideology of MBTI without understanding free thought or the flow of feeling.

It's like trying to understand Jennifer without understanding Victor.

The two are ineluctably married together. And it is true, it is an unhappy marriage. And I haven't yet suggested to her that we visit the marriage counsellor.

But you dear Nolla in your shadowy and snowy fastlands may have set us on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    The only real power JF seemed to have was by posting so much so often and in such an offensive way that people felt compelled to respond because they were irritated with him.

I would think that a truly powerful person would be well-respected enough that people would be afraid to disagree with him for fear of appearing out of the loop.
    Point taken, but it all depends on how you define "power". I think JF and people who operate like him are powerful because they change the temperature of the room. I think in this case, power is the ability to direct the discussion, to alter the forum in a way that wouldn't happen if you weren't here. And I still think it's power even if it's not in the service of an objective, which seems to be the sticking point here. I think it's just about which rock makes the biggest ripple when you throw it in the lake.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post

Its the place to be.
    I always hung out with the overachieving NxJs. Is this my second chance to hang out with the fun kids? *looks hopeful* I'll endure any kind of SP hazing ritual that I must.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Point taken, but it all depends on how you define "power". I think JF and people who operate like him are powerful because they change the temperature of the room. I think in this case, power is the ability to direct the discussion, to alter the forum in a way that wouldn't happen if you weren't here. And I still think it's power even if it's not in the service of an objective, which seems to be the sticking point here. I think it's just about which rock makes the biggest ripple when you throw it in the lake.
    This is very true. Like him or not, consider him a troll or not, but JF was a dominant member. His presence was almost impossible to ignore. I think there are different forms of dominance here: those who are a steady presence, those who are the loudest voices, those who are ubiquitous, those who are straight-up popular, the love-or-hate-em types, and those who are perceived to have power. Sometimes those groups overlap. I do think it's an entirely different kind of dominance than at INTPc (Or how it used to be there, at least. Haven't been there in a while.)
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSprout View Post
    I always hung out with the overachieving NxJs. Is this my second chance to hang out with the fun kids? *looks hopeful* I'll endure any kind of SP hazing ritual that I must.
    You're always welcome to hang out with us!
    We may have you run naked in the middle of a football game, but thats minor.