User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Seriously we are not people. We are just words that happen to be on my computer screen.
    Yeah, well "people" are just a bunch of meatbags anyway. The only unique thing about interacting with a "person" is that you can interface with something you can smell. Which is not always a good thing, anway.

Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

ˇcataplum!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    The only real power JF seemed to have was by posting so much so often and in such an offensive way that people felt compelled to respond because they were irritated with him.
    Um... I was referring to all the people who started bitching and moaning whenever he was banned. There shouldn't have been ANY issue with him getting banned, but things were bad enough here because he had a lot of people who were enamored with him and wanted him back.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why does it matter?

I'm having this argument with Jag in PM right now.
    It's funny how you guys are distinguishing between power as if some sort of power "don't count."

Tell that to all the gay people who can't get married.
    Or to people who lose their homes in hurricanes.
    Or someone burglarized at gunpoint.

it's not MLK or Abraham Lincoln or some admirable and enduring application of power.
    Still, there are different types of power, all with different pro's/con's...
    ... but it's still power.

People dominate through a variety of means.
    And different people are dominated through a variety of different means.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Um... I was referring to all the people who started bitching and moaning whenever he was banned. There shouldn't have been ANY issue with him getting banned, but things were bad enough here because he had a lot of people who were enamored with him and wanted him back.
    How many people was that, really? I doubt it constituted any kind of significant portion of the forum population. If I recall correctly, that thread went way off topic and got graveyarded pretty quickly--there were only a handful of people insisting that Jack be unbanned.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

How many people was that, really? I doubt it constituted any kind of significant portion of the forum population. If I recall correctly, that thread went way off topic and got graveyarded pretty quickly--there were only a handful of people insisting that Jack be unbanned.
    Whatever, it might have been the largest thread on this forum ever, aside from my old blog and the Picture Thread.

You can look it up if you'd like, I'm done with letting a disputed example obfuscate my main point. Ta!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Whatever, it might have been the largest thread on this forum ever, aside from my old blog and the Picture Thread.

You can look it up if you'd like, I'm done with letting a disputed example obfuscate my main point. Ta!
    I do beleive you named the owner of the largest thread in the forum... whatever...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I think it's kind of like high school around here honestly. There ARE dominant members (i.e. "popular" members) and there are cliques and ass-kissing fests all over the place, and serious lack of integrity much of the time. People run with the pack here whether they like to admit it or not, just like irl. Maybe it's not as heated as intpc, but it does exist, at least imo.

There are a few members who are very insightful to me, yet don't make the popular lists everyone likes to tick off. Popularity and dominance definitely exist here, just in a milder, more subtle, form.

*Well, except for Wolfy! Wolfy is cool and generates a lot of conversation. Wait! Who could forget Wolfy!!*

And look how many responses your thread got! Don't get discouraged. That's pretty good. You might be on your way to dominant status.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Yay, I can pull a "Word Processor of the Gods" and delete you!.
    I thought about that but it wouldn't works because your on my computer screen and I am reading you as reading and typing onto your computer. So if you delete me on your computer its like Nietzsche telling God he/she (God) God is dead. Thats why I always leave one of my computers on, so you all can live.
    So who wants a boob job?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I think it's kind of like high school around here honestly. There ARE dominant members (i.e. "popular" members) and there are cliques and ass-kissing fests all over the place, and serious lack of integrity much of the time. People run with the pack here whether they like to admit it or not, just like irl. Maybe it's not as heated as intpc, but it does exist, at least imo.

There are a few members who are very insightful to me, yet don't make the popular lists everyone likes to tick off. Popularity and dominance definitely exist here, just in a milder, more subtle, form.

And look how many responses your thread got! Don't get discouraged. That's pretty good. You might be on your way to dominant status.
    Trust me. It is all a perception. Read my last post.

Thumbs down Jack Flak

Jack was popular because he was a stalking horse.

Once he was dead we dressed him up as a horse and called him, "Absent".

And we found he was more popular absent than present.

He spawned a whole, little industry of philosophical speculation.

He became a lightening rod for discontent - discontent with banning itself, discontent with the way he was treated, and yes, even neurotic discontent.

And absence fed on presence, and speculation fed on discontent, until we had clocked up 1,000 posts without taking a breath.

And we did all this without a word from Jack Flak - not even as a hidden hand behind the scenes.

We shall never see another scene like it. They tried to shut us down by putting us in the Graveyard, but it only inspired us to greater heights.

It was the perfect slap in the face to the controllers and their ideology of MBTI.

We were free of them for one brief careless moment and it was glorious. And we owed it all to Jack Flak.