User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INFP

ayoitsStepho please don't get discouraged from posting threads!

I don't like to start them either for that reason, and I count on people like you.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Thank you, this is what I'm looking for.

Here's the proof that I should never create another thread again. Instead I should just go look for it.
    don't worry... we've all done it before

creating a new thread sometimes gets rid of all of the leftover arguing and shit in old threads- sometimes a new start is a good thing!

plus- we'd probably think you were a total nerd if you dug up the old thread
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    don't worry... we've all done it before

creating a new thread sometimes gets rid of all of the leftover arguing and shit in old threads- sometimes a new start is a good thing!

plus- we'd probably think you were a total nerd if you dug up the old thread

Yeah, I think maybe its better if I start a new thread. Now that I have my mind completely grasped as to the point and purpose I want, I can better communicate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    YaYa

wow 11 pages so far.

Its not like INTPc. There, the mean is more homogeneous. Here there is every color of the rainbow which acts like a check& balance sort of.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    We have the government of MBTI and the loyal opposition.

And the loyal opposition opposes MBTI root and branch.

And it is interesting to note that it is not only the loyal opposition but the royal opposition that opposes the republican MBTI.

And just as we have the government and the loyal opposition, we have dominance and deference.

For there can be no dominance without deference, and no deference without dominance. They are two sides of the same coin.

And the name of the coin is liberal democracy.

And the purpose of liberal democracy is the limitation of power.

So just as the loyal opposition limits the power of the government, so deference limits the power of domination, and dominance limits deference.

And it is interesting that the opposite of liberal democracy and the limitation of power is schismogenesis. It sounds pathological and it is for it leads to the pursuit of absolute power and war. And as we all know, power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

So although you may not like us, you need the royal loyal opposition and deference to limit the domination of power.

But frankly I would prefer you to ask me - who is the most loyal and the most deferential? - who is the most courtly and aristocratic?
    Ow. Is this how all of your posts are?
    So glad for this 'first encounter'
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by evilrobot View Post
    Still, TC is too big to have a clearly dominant member or clique. To see the difference between TC and smaller forums, go browse on the Enneagram Institute board sometime, thats like the same ten fixtures posting every day. That would be a good board to be a troll on.
    Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Here there is every color of the rainbow which acts like a check& balance sort of.
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I'm not looking for 'special' members. This was suppose to be a discussion as to how it seems TypeC has succeeded in NOT having cliques and dominating members when it seems that other places can definitely have that problem.
    What is so different about TypeC that makes it user friendly.
    So, yeah. To actually answer your question, these are the things that I love about this forum, the things that provide a user-friendly experience compared to most others out there. Others just have people that are way too pushy because they've intellectually mastered the material and are just plain bored and can't figure out how to expand their discussions in other ways...

I mean, I just leave when that sort of business happens in other places, because dealing with insufferable people isn't worth gaining a little bit of knowledge. Pushing past their arrogance to get to their insights is an uphill battle, and, even then, they're not open to dialoging about the material

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Whoever has the most friends and has the most view blogs.
    Or whoever has the most friends and a sharp weapon.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    You control this thread, so you can control who's seen as dominant or not.

So you're the most dominant member here.

Congratulations!
    That's called media

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    At more than seventeen thousand posts Jennifer is the Prime Minister of MBTI.

While by temperament and a modest four thousand posts Victor is the leader of the opposition.

And of course the purpose of the government and the loyal opposition is the limitation of power.

And so we can expect the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition to be as friendly as a snake and a mongoose.
    I think it's not wise of you to define yourself as an opponent of Jennifer. Being opposition (in any public way) means that you have to exclude the parts of yourself similar to your enemy (since the public opinion is always black and white). In which case you would lose more than you can bear. Besides, why would you want to have your definition be dependent of anyone else than you?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

If you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

The lack of domination is the reason why I came to TypeC. I know forums can get really knit picky with who's in charge and can smack other people down when they aren't following 'the norms'.

Actually I was pretty hesitant about joining for reasons like that. But as soon as I realized that there isn't an over bearing dominant being, that's when I was able to relax and jump head first into the discussions and such.

I see that people value (or at least pretend) others opinions in an effort to better themselves and to grow. Especially with such a diverse group of people. Though I do see how some members are dominant by how they effect the emotion of the forum, but I don't see it as a "this is my way, I've been here longer and you WILL oblige or we'll knock you down." If we had someone who acted liked that obviously, there's no way I'd be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.