User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Nicknames

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Assassin, Ninja, Fate.
    my vote for the coolest nicks goes to you, Varelse. =)

mine. .I was nicknamed for a childhood fascination with the fairy tale Cinderella. It has stuck to this day. Family, close friends and a bunch of little cousins still call me that. *sigh*

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    my vote for the coolest nicks goes to you, Varelse. =)

I liked the fate one the most...I feel like that sometimes.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

None until I began gaming, and then: Indy, Moomoo.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

My parents used to call me Pumpkin, but that was a long time ago. Otherwise, my name doesn't really lend itself to nicknaming. Only two people I know (dad and a friend) shorten it.

Oh, and then when I'm joking around with my mother and sister, they'll become Momaly Balomaly and Caily Waily. And my name undergoes a similar bizarre transformation.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    My parents used to call me Pumpkin.
    :rolli: Of all the coincidences.. We have to rise out of the pumpkin patch together one night.

Varelse

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

At football soccer training they used to call me 'nut features' as they thought I was crazy. One day I was sitting in the changing room, minding my own business, drinking my orange juice, when some punk decided to kick a ball at me on purpose. I was annoyed as I spilt my drink, so I chucked both of my football boots (that I had just took off prior) at his head. He never did it again.

At school people called me 'zombie', as I was emotionally cold, actively avoided people, and generally acted like an INTP.

My parents call me 'remarkable', it is a play on words of my real name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

based on my name, all from my family and friends (as i have always preferred my first name unadulterated): leen, leens, leenie, leenie beth, leenie bets, liz, lizzie, lizzy pizzy, lizard, leenieweeniehotdoggirl. I do regularly sign emails to friends with "Leenie" because most of my friends call me that or Eileen interchangeably.

other: duchess (from a friend in HS who found me regal and elegant--and later, imperious), ducky (paired with my best friend, who was peachy), a zillion other nicknames paired with my BFF (such as my charlie brown to her snoopy). These never caught on, as such, except in letters/schoolgirl notes.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Socionics
    SLI

I use to be called a character from a local television series because I looked like him. I didn't like it so I killed it. I'm annoyed when a friend of mine calls me using my full first name. I go by the shortened version. Oh, and another friend has a sort of "pet" nickname for me which only she and her friend use for me. That's about it I think.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Nicknames? Where to begin?

Primary School.
    Granddad or Professor. I was good at concentration from an early age

Algenon.
    Not sure how that developed but it did and Dom still uses it.

007/ Bond.
    This is one I'm not exactly comfortable with as it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet but apparently it was supposed to be a teasing nickname as when I used to play with the boys in my street I could always out stealth them.

Wookie.
    This one makes no sense at all. Basically me riding my bike at night, I'd sweep past one of the guys and they'd say "wookie". I think my childhood friends were hit too often or something.

Angel.
    This I got at university though it doesn't really count as only one person (the person who made it) ever had the balls to call me it. It came about because of the sketches I used to draw on the back of my hand in biro.

There's the usual derivations of my name, though on one ever came up with Xander, but I'm not going to list them. It's all fairly obvious.

I've probably forgotten more nicknames than I can list. They were as popular as swearing is now when I was growing up.

Forgot one already!!

Pikey.
    It's from the "imaginations" at work. Basically implying "stupid boy".

Padawan.
    Assigned to me by my mentor and fellow Star Wars fan at work.
    There are derivatives to this one too but I'm not going to list them.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    Infx

Rach - Pretty self-explanatory.

Chi-chi - My friend Kristi came up with it in the car one day. She's really the only one who uses it.

Bee - A long string of shortenings of pet names from my first boyfriend. From Button to Bunny-B, to Bunny to just Bee. He still calls me it.

Danni/Dannigirl - Internet handle coming from my Sailor Moon character, Danielle

Terra/Selphie - From the respective cosplays.

Birdy - Spawned from my chocobo costume. A friend decided it would be funny to start calling me Big Bird to make fun of me, which got shortened to Birdy. More of the improv group I'm in started using it without realizing it was an insult, and now it just stuck. Meanies.

noob - ....Joe and Tj are so cruel to me. T.T Yet I can't even try to deny the truth. XD

Not-Racheal-Raye - One of my friend's sisters came up with that one. >.>

My last name is Norris, so for some reason kids in elementary school got a kick out of calling me "Morris" others made fun of my weight back then by calling me "Chunks" or "Shamu(because I had gotten a hoodie at Sea World with her on it." ;.;

At work, one of the cooks called me "Chuck Norris" to differentiate my food from another Rachel's that worked there.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.