User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

arcticangel02,

It would depend on why they are unavailable, how serious my own commitment, and the cost of rearranging whatever was planned. Though I really can't remember the last time anything like this happened to me, nor think I would be that put-out.

Regards,
    Lee
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    ESFJ

substitute,

Re: Do you know anyone like that nocturne?

As it happens, I am a person like that, though not as bad as I once was.

Regards,
    Lee
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Er. I can't believe you're an ESFJ. The ESFJ I know's reaction to things like that was almost the opposite to yours. Are you sure of your type?
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP

Nocturne, if you had the opportunity to be cryogenically frozen tomorrow for a period of 500 years with the guarantee of successful resuscitation, would you take it? Only you would be able to undergo this process. No loved ones along for the ride.

Lee: Why do you list your type as ESFJ?

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    No one gets my humor

But I do!
    I get it, laughed, and liked it!

MBTI
    ESFJ

athenian200,

The calendar makes use of three cycles, (1) the earth's rotation upon its axis, (2) the lunar orbit around the earth, and (3) the earth's orbit around the sun. These cycles are known respectively as days, months and years, and each cycle is useful for different purposes (or has been historically).

The problem is that none of the cycles align correctly, and so when they are combined there are some peculiar consequences. The most famous is the leap-year, which was introduced to account for the fact that the day-cycle did not match up neatly with the year-cycle. The same problem exists between the day-cycle and the lunar-cycle, which is why different months have a different number of days, and they are, in effect, leap-months.

Of course, if we were to design a calendar from scratch today, we might change things considerably. However, such social traditions evolve by the trial and error of countless people and cultures, and with no option to freeze time until gotten right, people need to make do with what works, however imperfect. The problem today is that improvements would bring little gain, and the costs of being the only person using a revised calendar considerable, and so I do not think there is much chance of such a revised calendar becoming the norm.

In regard to my type, I suspect that most people think I am an ESFJ because that is what it says in my profile.

Regards,
    Lee

MBTI
    ESFJ

The_Liquid_Laser,

Why is your name "The_Liquid_Laser", when you are clearly neither a liquid, laser, or liquid laser?

Evasively,
    Lee

MBTI
    ESFJ

arcticangel02,

I am absolutely certain of my type!

Regards,
    Lee

MBTI
    ESFJ

JivinJeffJones,

No, I would not choose to be cryogeically frozen. I would have no motivation to, there are people here and now that I care about, and more than I could possibly learn in a lifetime. I would certainly be curious, but such a one way trip would be a cost too great.

Regards,
    Lee

MBTI
    ESFJ

JAVO,

Perhaps I am an ESFJ, what type do you think I am and does it matter?

Regards,
    Lee