User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

substitute,

No, that is not a photo of me. That is a photo of Friedrich August von Hayek, Austrian economist and political theorist. I like the man, his work, and that picture.

Regards,
    Lee
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    Bluewing,

I think good manners are underappreciated, and a quality worth cultivating to those interested in greasing the wheels of communication. That is my answer and recommendation.

Regards,
    Lee
    My question was not about your quality of communication but in regards to honesty. As I have implied by 'cant', putting on 'good manners' without having a benign attitude is a form of dishonesty. (As you are leading them to believe that you have a benign attitude when you do not)

Do you consider for this to be acceptable?

This is especially pertinent as you stressed the notion of 'good manners', yet made no mention of the substance that ought to underlie them.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENTP

substitute,

No, that is not a photo of me. That is a photo of Friedrich August von Hayek, Austrian economist and political theorist. I like the man, his work, and that picture.

Regards,
    Lee
    I like the picture too, that's why I asked

In the UK, manual tradesmen and delivery companies have taken a policy of giving extremely vague times for their expected arrival, for example "between 9am and 5pm" on a weekday, knowing fully well that the majority of people can't afford the luxury of taking a whole day off work to wait for a boiler to be serviced or a parcel to arrive. Do they do this where you are, and if so, do you find it annoying? Where are you anyway?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    My question was not about your quality of communication but in regards to honesty. As I have implied by 'cant', putting on 'good manners' without having a benign attitude is a form of dishonesty. (As you are leading them to believe that you have a benign attitude when you do not)

Do you consider for this to be acceptable?

This is especially pertinent as you stressed the notion of 'good manners', yet not the substance that ought to underlie them.
    Bluewing,

It is not my business what you choose to infer from good manners. Of course, I agree that it is preferable when good manners are accompanied by an honest and humble attitude, but good manners are valuable regardless. It is not necessary for good behaviour that one is also a good person, which is a convenience that law enforcement makes good use. In regard to my attitude, there is no malevolence or ulterior motive, and I have no unbenign purpose here.

Regards,
    Lee
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    GONE

Bluewing,

I think good manners are underappreciated, and a quality worth cultivating to those interested in greasing the wheels of communication. That is my answer and recommendation.

Regards,
    Lee

Good answer!

And ooooh, I think you just stepped into it with Bluewing.

I think I know the answer to substitute's question (i.e. where are you?) But I don't want to seem too stalkerish by volunteering my guess.

Another question!

Pink ties for men.

Fashion statement? Or fashion faux pas?

Are you a full piece suit and tie kinda guy, or an office slacker?

Wait...are you a guy?

Alright that's 3.3 questions.

Sincerely,
    CzeCze

MBTI
    ESFJ

substitute,

I live in the United Kingdom, Essex, and I am expecting a package to arrive today, sometime between 8am and 6pm. Of course, I do not expect to be there when the package arrives, and it is frustrating. It is likely that I will have to pay a visit to some depot, or arrange for another delivery. In either case, I do not expect to receive my package today, unless I get lucky and it is delivered in the small time-window at lunch break when I will be home.

Regards,
    Lee

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

[font="times new roman"][size="3"]Bluewing,

It is not my business what you choose to infer from good manners.]
    Okay, so good manners should be interpreted at face value. Thus when one puts 'good manners' on display, one does not claim that he has good motives.

[It is not necessary for good behaviour that one is also a good person, which is a convenience which law enforcement makes good use. .]
    Etiquette is not means to the end of expressing a benign attitude, but is an end in itself.

In regard to my attitude, there is no malevolence or ulterior motive, and I have no unbenign purpose here..]
    Don't see the relevance. With the two aforementioned maxims it is acceptable (though preferred otherwise) to have a malignant attitude whilst putting good manners on display as the latter is an end in itself and makes no implicit statement in regards to one's inner attitude.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

Good answer!

And ooooh, I think you just stepped into it with Bluewing.
    Appears that you have grotesquely misunderstood the scenario.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    Appears that you have grotesquely misunderstood the scenario.
    No one gets my humor

But I do!

And with that -- oh wait --

Nocturne, good luck intercepting that package! I remember having to wait all day to get receive a package. And I was cat-sitting so I was afraid the cat was going to run out the front door when the delivery came.

And with that good night.

Always,
    CzeCze

MBTI
    ESFJ

CzeCze,

I am a guy, but not a pink tie kind of guy, and also the kind of employee that will wear a jumper to conceal the fact that they have neglected to iron their shirt. I am usually smart, though a little casual, with an aversion to bright colours.

Regards,
    Lee