User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I received 100% introverted from Mypersonality.com. Can anyone beat my high score?

A common frustration of mine is people complaining because they dont see much of me. Im talking of people I dont even know that well who like me but dont understand the introvert thing.

Its not that I dont like you, its just that I dont want to get to know you. Why would that be hard to understand?
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    I received 100% introverted from Mypersonality.com. Can anyone beat my high score?

A common frustration of mine is people complaining because they dont see much of me. Im talking of people I dont even know that well who like me but dont understand the introvert thing.

Its not that I dont like you, its just that I dont want to get to know you. Why would that be hard to understand?
    It's actually a bit different with me. I do want to know someone, but I find it difficult to connect with them in any meaningful way that will allow an equal exchange. So, I've also had people tell me that I make them uncomfortable on a couple of occasions. The reason being that they can't get a read on me. I do get by on a superficial level - small talk, greetings and acknowledgments - but any deep connections? Perhaps one or two people (More likely, none). Even then, a lot of the things going through my mind are left unsaid. It's not that I'm holding back or that I don't want to share my inner workings. It's more that since everything is completely internalized, it's harder to express it. Although, a little easier online. Just a little though. Whenever I do try to express something, it comes out very incomplete, which does leave me a little frustrated to continue trying to clarify or continue adding to the mess of what I'm trying to get across. Then again, I wouldn't consider myself that healthy to begin with, in MBTI terms, in regards to the disproportionate Introversion/Extroversion scale.

EDIT: Actually, maybe it's not that different after all. If I don't open up, then that would give people reason to complain about "not seeing much of me," wouldn't it?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Once stayed at home for about a week. Unfortunate I didn't live in a convenience store.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm super introverted. I guess.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Once stayed at home for about a week. Unfortunate I didn't live in a convenience store.
    This. Only make it 2 weeks. I hardly noticed the lack of human contact.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

MBTI
    xxxx

My family gets really angry that I turn off my phone for weeks at a time. Understandably, of course, but they take it far too personally.

I actually haven't had a friend in 8 years. But I really don't want one. Most of the time, I don't even feel like/remember that I'm part of a family. I'm too content all by myself and leaving my bedroom feels like a chore. Sometimes I'll forget to take a shower if I don't have to be anywhere. I've been known to go 4 days (a long weekend) without showering. I've shown up at work with 2 different shoes on too. Oops.

I don't know what people think of me, and it's also none of my business. I'll venture a guess, and take the deficit of people approaching me to mean they find something odd about me, or I smell. Probably a bit of both. Though, I make sure to leave notes to remind myself to shower during the workweek.

How I wish I were joking....

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyMeg011 View Post
    I'm too content all by myself and leaving my bedroom feels like a chore.
    I can relate. To me it always feels that getting out of my apartment is like going to a war. I don't have social anxiety (much) and I like going out when I have to run errands, feel like entertaining myself with outside activities or something like that. But, seriously, if I didn't have to do anything outside, I would never leave my place unless I wanted to.
    Last edited by Phantonym; 01-18-2010 at 06:38 PM.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

The thing is im always alone but im not at home much I have a huge record collection so i go crate digging everyday and I ride my bike around the city with my headphones on everyday.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I'm quite introverted. As a teenager I'd prefer to just sit in reading, writing or doing some other hobby, or maybe going for walks or to the cinema. Unfortunately, I do also love my friends dearly so I do see them XD (my family don't affect my energy levels so that's all good). I like just sitting in cafes with my close friends, talking about random stuff or sometimes deep stuff. Doesn't matter really. Just not for too long. I never feel I can fully relax unless at home with just my close family.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I grew up on a farm out in the middle of nowhere. As a kid, it was too far to walk/bike into town (about 10 miles). There were no other kids around in the valley my age, and the nearest house was about a mile away. So, I grew up playing piano, watching TV, playing with Legos, playing Atari (before the age of Nintendo :p ), writing, going for walks out in the woods, raising farm cats and dogs , etc. I was very aware that the "town kids" (as they were called) were hanging out after school every day or on weekends, having fun.

As a result, I grew up acting rather formal towards people, since I mainly interacted with other kids my age in "official" settings that were always managed by adults/teachers/authority figures. (School, sports, academic activities, etc.) By the time I was more free to get out in the world (had a car and had gas to put in it), I didn't really fit in and everyone else was lightyears ahead of me socially.

Because I didn't have the opportunity to hang out with kids outside of school, I never developed a peer group. So, I attracted people who also didn't have a peer group. Mainly, these were the misfits/outcasts, the ones who were always getting into trouble. Detention, suspension, going to the principle's office, etc. This cultivated a rebellious attitude in me; however, I never adopted their behavior of causing trouble. Of course, I never had a deep friendship with any of these people because they were always wearing the facade of the trouble-maker and putting on that identity, so that they didn't really have an identity of their own.

So, in a small town, there are very few kids anyway to make friends with. If some personality types like INFPs, INTPs, etc. make up 1%-3% of the population, and there are only 1,000 people in your town, then that means there may be only 10 people like you (considering all ages from 1-100) in the entire town. So, you end up making friends with those who are available to make friends with. I was lucky to have a few good friends here & there across the years. A lot of times, you end up compromising, and doing activities together because that's what there is to do.

For a number of reasons, including my lack of a peer group, I was always a target for bullies. This was especially true of the top peer groups like the preppies and the jocks, who wanted to stay on top by putting down those who were not in their group. This gave me a very negative idea of people, and I strongly associated with the "man against society" themes of books we read in class. This continued into high school. In small towns, the drinking isn't out of control, it's epidemic. People start drinking often by 6th grade, and by senior year people come to classes drunk. In high school, the thing to do was to go somewhere and drink. That was it as far as activities went. So, by that time, when I had more freedom to go into town and be part of groups, I avoided that anyway because it didn't seem to offer anything positive. I read The Great Gatsby in one of my English classes, and really identified with its vision of the Roaring 20's and related that to high school society where everyone was partying all the time. I also really related to rebellious art and culture, such as the emerging grunge music of the time and its anit-corporate stance.

(My greatest achievement in school was when I was in junior high, walking toward the bus, and mouthed off to one of the high school "jocks" who was teasing me as I walked by. He ran over and tackled me, and made me apologize etc. However, when I got up and he was walking back to his friends, I flipped him off. He took off after me, and I ran as fast as I could for the bus and beat him into the bus. Of course, with the driver there, he couldn't do anything to me then. I relished my small victory more, because he was the school track star in the 100m, so he was fast and I outran him. )

So, I kind of came from an introverted place really. I test strongly introverted, but sometimes wonder if I am really extroverted, like a left-hander who was taught in school to write with their right hand.

In college, I had a small group of friends/roommates and we had great times. This was probably the best time of my life. There were a lot of people who were like me around that I got along with, and everyone lived in close quarters in the dorms on campus. This was the time/place that I fit in most in life; I don't know if I will ever find another time/place where I fit in with people as much as college. Really, that is my dream in life, above any achievement I could achieve or riches I could earn.

What I've found out in the working world is that most people don't want to hang out with people they work with outside of work. At my first job, everyone got along truly well and liked each other, and even then we only went out as a group about twice in two years. So, if you work long hours, it's difficult because the people you work with become your friends, but they cannot really be your "real" friends. And, as an introvert, if you work around people all day you probably lack the energy to try to go out on the town and be around people after work too. If you're really introverted, you need the weekends to recharge.

I think the most important thing for an introvert is having a small, stable group of friends. If you are constantly glancing off the edges of social groups, like a rock skipping across a lake, that can be very draining while offering little reward. As a strong introvert, I think it's not healthy to expect to have a large number of good friends like extroverts do, but having very few or no friends isn't healthy either.

I really enjoyed the few social groups that I really clicked with. One of these was pep band. Pep band trips were the greatest, we always hoped the team went to state. Pep band members are a wacky group, some outcasts, some achievers, some nerds, etc. I also enjoyed speech and drama, Odyssey of the Mind (one year we built a Rube Goldberg device that was about 10'x10'x10' in size and had 8 steps to the process), and things like Boy's State (we travelled to a town about half a day away and conducted a model state with cities/counties). Soccer was fun (although it only lasted k-3rd grade) because those were the years before kids really started to striate into a social hierarchy. On the unofficial side, there weren't really many "clubs" or things of that nature. However, for a few years off & on we'd play pick-up games of D&D at lunch, and that was really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    No, but I can match it. I've often scored 100% on everything but F/T...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM