User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

There must be something wrong with me, I was never beat and yet I am one of those "high achieving" types.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I never got spanked, but that doesn't mean I didn't beat my parents when I was little (I was 6). My parents always told me they raised me with love and that they tried to give the good example. Yeah, like being unemployed is a good example. And they wonder why I'm so lazy?!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Haphazard and Saint Kat seriously needs a long belated spanking. These bums mere existance followed by the fact they have yet to be spanked create a strong enough coorelation beyond any of the pro spanking arguments raised yet. Who wants to give me a hand at the first crack at these virgin bottoms?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

A spare the rod, spoil the child policy worked well on me.

It taught me that my decisions bear weight, and that I would have to shoulder the responsibility for them. I soon learned that punishment wasn't pleasant, and that I should always assess risk vs. reward in certain activities.

Of course, I also made sure to learn to get away with things more effectively.

Time-out was pointless to me, as I was a quiet, imaginative child anyway.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    A spare the rod, spoil the child policy worked well on me.
    Yeah my parents, at some particularly religious phase, took that biblical line literally (lasted about a year). To top that off they made us search for the stick they would switch us with. That was one crappy walk/stick hunt.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

As I've said in previous posts of this related topic...

Spanking is much less of a weapon, but a tool to be used in appropriate situations. The problem is, it's a dangerous tool to abuse, and most use it inappropriately.

In certain rare situations, such as needing to instill immediate threat value to a child whose perceptions are not capable yet of understanding abstract concepts, it can work far better than verbal warnings.

Things like social misbehaviour are often too complex for many children to fully understand at a young age, they really AREN'T just "little us", and their minds haven't fully developed to being able to grasp all forms of abstract reasoning.

A spanking can instill fear of something by presenting a "cause-effect" relationship, but only if properly used. If yeu spank in anger, then the relationship is lost, and it serves no purpose other than anger relief by the parent, which's useless as a learning tool, and literally just abusive.

If, however, it's used appropriately, to provide a solid, concrete, obvious cause-effect relationship to an abstract concept "don't play in the street or I'll spank yeu!" kind of dealie, then while the child may have difficulties grasping the abstract idea of 'death', the concept of 'pain' is one most are pretty much familiar with quite readily.

I would refuse to spank if ever upset or angry, it would taint the message and be no better than abuse. If I were to spank, it would be only to be used in situations where I absolutely NEED to explain a lesson in a concrete manner than the child has so far failed to understand through every other means available, or in a manner during which there's an urgent need for an immediate connection to be made unless they risk greater injury or death.

That being said, I highly doubt type is related at all.

I have two kids.

The occassional smack did nothing for the enfp who is 13 now. Typically he was so spastic that a smack was irrelevant, and would result in even worse Te temper tantrums. He was already emo melting down and it just would fuel the fire.

For the IXTJ toddler a smack can be quite useful but mostly on the hand after I have asked him twice not to touch the stove or to not hit others. Maybe twice a month? It stings a little but it GREATLY offends his sense of honor and hurts his feelings a touch.

He pushes, doesnt listen, gets a hand pop, then pouts. I explain exactly why, emphasizing the logical progression and then give him a hug. Then he is okay.

Timeouts actually do nothing for him.

"Really? You make me sit alone and glare at you? Right. Stupid mother figure. FAIL." is pretty much the response.

Fi guilt works the best though as he cant be distracted once he sets his mind to a goal.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    To top that off they made us search for the stick they would switch us with. That was one crappy walk/stick hunt.
    I remember those days. And you couldn't just pick a wimpy stick, because if you did, they'd go pick a really bad one...:horor:
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Spanking is an inoptimal use of force, it's a use of Te that doesn't get the best results.

Skilled users of Te shouldn't be suspected for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Spanking is an inoptimal use of force, it's a use of Te that doesn't get the best results.

Skilled users of Te shouldn't be suspected for this.
    Whats the difference between skilled and unskilled? Te is Te and bullshit is bullshit.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.