User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you play the lottery?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, passionately/moderately/occasionally.

11 22.92%
  • No, I find the whole idea ludicrous.

25 52.08%
  • Should I?

12 25.00%
123 Last

Phantonym

Exclamation I just won the lottery!

Oh, it was a whopping $2.

Do you play the lottery?

I do, not that passionately, though. I usually forget to buy the ticket. But when I do remember to buy it, I use the same combination of numbers I've had for 10 years now. I think I'm doing it now more out of spite than actually hoping to win anything. The largest sum I've ever won was $100. I'm not even going to sum up the money I've spent on tickets.

I don't have any delusions about winning but as I see it, you're never going to get anything if you don't buy the ticket. And it's sort of fun. I usually forget to check the numbers as well. But as I buy them online, thank heavens for e-mail notifications when you've won.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've won about 20 dollars from the lottery. :P
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Nope. My dad went through a phase when he would play Powerball recently but he was just freaked out that he would lose all his money and be broke in with the divorce. I'll tell you, when ISJs start Ne'ing it up it's not a pretty sight.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Oh, it was a whopping $2.
    Damn. And I was going to mooch.

Do you play the lottery?
    No. I don't like to gamble. Unless I'm in Vegas, because I'm under the impression that what happens there stays there. Works for me.

Honestly, I only came into this thread because of the provocative title. Do I get a cookie now?
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSprout View Post
    Damn. And I was going to mooch.
    I'm not greedy, I can share.

Do I get a cookie now?

Instigator, First Class LovelyAngel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I play lightly averaging probably $2 or $3 a week. I did win about $800 one time, but I'm sure my trickling losses over the years have offset that. I don't mind losing as I consider the lottery a voluntary tax, and the money is being put to good use in general.

The $1 I spend on a lottery ticket is worth at least that much in entertainment value as during my commute to work I imagine all the different ways I'd use my winnings. (Knowing I'm an INFJ you'd not be surprised that I dream about all the ways I'd give my money away.)
    "There is always something to do. There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well. And while I don't expect you to save the world I do think it's not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your life those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect."
    -- Nikki Giovanni

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Playing the lottery is for losers. Running the lottery is for winners.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyAngel View Post
    I don't mind losing as I consider the lottery a voluntary tax, and the money is being put to good use in general.
    Oh, yes, that's a good idea. I usually forget that a part of the money I pay for the ticket is used for supporting different worthy causes.
    The $1 I spend on a lottery ticket is worth at least that much in entertainment value as during my commute to work I imagine all the different ways I'd use my winnings.
    Yes, I do the same.

Instigator, First Class LovelyAngel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyAngel View Post
    The $1 I spend on a lottery ticket is worth at least that much in entertainment value as during my commute to work I imagine all the different ways I'd use my winnings. (Knowing I'm an INFJ you'd not be surprised that I dream about all the ways I'd give my money away.)
    Yes, I do the same.
    Dang, youíre fast, SiB... I edited my post and you replied faster than I could resubmit, I think!

It would be interesting to see how the different personality types would use their lottery winnings!

(but I can't stay to find out... gotta dash off to work!)
    "There is always something to do. There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well. And while I don't expect you to save the world I do think it's not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your life those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect."
    -- Nikki Giovanni