User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Angry I want to be an ESTJ!!

OK, as I mentioned in my other post, I first tested out as an ESTJ...but that was only because I was in a real funk of a mood and had a resulting lack of objectivity about myself.

Since then, I consistently tested as an ENTP.

I read the description and I cannot lie, for ENTP describes I.
    But I read ESTJ's and I cry, it's just not me, I must know why.

{/bad poem}

It just seems like they're so with-it, serious, practical, organized, competent, leading, and efficient. Well...I'm "efficient" too, but this tends to be interpreted as LAZY.

I know I'm smart enough to do better (I had my IQ tested in a psych office, and it's higher than my weight in lbs...I'm 5'10 and NOT underweight)...

But since I'm so "N", I'm terrible with details (and unfortunately the is in the details...) With my "P" instead of "J", I'm disorganized and too laid-back, procrastinate, etc. Let's just say, I'm The "Late Girl"... Yes, MrCockburn is a girl...

How do I ELIMINATE my "N" and "P" and boost my "S" and "J" levels? Are there any exercises, tips, or pills I can take? Being an ENTP is lots of fun, but being an ESTJ is much more useful in life.

MBTI
    INTJ

lol wow

wait why would you want to change your type xD

anyways yes i read somewhere that in fact as you get older your

weaker trait become stronger. Well more like you learn to start using then more

take me for example i'm a INTJ or at lest thats what i test for but i seem to have a

higher P then most ppl, but not high enough to make me a INTP

i hope that helps a little ^^

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

You WANT to be an ESTJ? what the hell is wrong with you son? No one wants that, not even ESTJs!

MBTI
    ENTP

I've been trying to become a part-time ESTJ.

Living together with an ESTJ has taught me this:
    - they are really on top of things and get ahead like a freight train on their jobs.
    - whenever the job is finished, they are out of fuel and start being lazy, while I get geared up, I'm creating things all the time.

So I wanted to be a part-time ESTJ. ESTJ to get the boring jobs out of the way, but I don't want to lose the reason why I want those jobs finished: such that I can work on my crazy projects!

I've tried this for +/- a month now: doing the work first, paying attention to details, whenever there's a problem check if you didn't solve the same thing before instead of rushing in with all sorts of new ideas...
    I became LESS EFFICIENT! It was as if it worked the wrong way... I spent a longer time on the job than usual; and when I had my free time I was exhausted and could only be lazy like a real ESTJ

My next project: become an Efficient ENTP - if such a thing exists, that is. To me, there are three sorts of activities:
    1) Mindless, repetitive manual work that needs to be done.
    2) Creative work in some subject you aren't interested in at that time and that needs to be done (like composing exams... you've got to invent questions, which is creative work, but if you are more interested in MBTI at the time...)
    3) Creative work in some subject you are interested in (this can be something that needs to be done or not)

Of course, activities in 3) are the best and get done, at least if your interest doesn't fade in the time you're on it.

I try shift between 1) and 2). If I don't get ideas for a 2), I try not to fall into the trap of staring at your piece of paper or starting a 3) in the hope later on the ideas would come. Instead I start an activity in 1). This has helped me a few times already!

For long-term 3) ideas (like a 500 page novel), try to get some outside stress for it. I try to finish my novel with the help of some milestones and a (real) ESTJ who agreed to set them up for me .
    If my interest fades, I can try to trigger it by looking at what "needs" to be done and starting a 1) activity. My mind will reel and generate ideas and I get interested in it again.

So my advice on this... don't try to become an ESTJ. If you aren't one already, doing things the ESTJ way will make you less efficient, not more.

If you try to become an Efficient ENTP (by my method or in another way), I'd like to know how it works for you and if you get any results!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    How do I ELIMINATE my "N" and "P" and boost my "S" and "J" levels? Are there any exercises, tips, or pills I can take? Being an ENTP is lots of fun, but being an ESTJ is much more useful in life.
    Get a pen and a paper and start writing things down what you have to do.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    How do I ELIMINATE my "N" and "P" and boost my "S" and "J" levels?
    There are no objectively bad types. So if your type is really ENTP, you should not to worry about be other type. Better to find _your_ place, according to your type. And people who like your native qualities (ISFP for ENTP, - read about socionics).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'd rather be ENTJ. It's only the Te I envy.

And I like being abstract.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_ View Post
    There are no objectively bad types.
    There's no objectively bad anything!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Well this is unusual. Don't see a lot of N types begging to be Ss, but interesting.

Anyway, um...I don't know how to defeat P syndrome either. Let me know if you figure it out.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well this is unusual. Don't see a lot of N types begging to be Ss, but interesting.
    ESTP would be so fun, though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    ESTP would be so fun, though.
    Only if I could be the brilliant kind of ESTP that leaps in blind with no idea what he's doing and comes out with a boatload of cash and a beautiful girl on his arm.

Like Captain Kirk in the new Star Trek movie.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?