User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I stand by what I said. Not measuring up is a fault.
    *lol*. Now that you've put it that way.

Yeah I'll go with that. But quit giving the secrets away!
    Oops. . In the event you'd debate on that you see, or htb inquire isn't it evident from his posting style vs his HW alone.

I meant doesn't apply his imagination very much to romance. As in, doesn't apply an awful lot of imagination to considering what would really make her day; could work a bit harder to pleasantly surprise the good lady once in a while. Not the 'sweep her off her feet' type IOW

Sorry htb it's just um, my interpretation... low quality sample and all that...
    Apologetic my a&^.

*picks up a lost carebear and prods him towards the exit*

MBTI
    ENTP

well, not wanting to heap insult onto injury (but figuring what the hell...), I have to say I um, don't read his posts... I mean not cos they're rubbish or anything, I just don't know cos I hardly see any. He's not a prolific poster and tends to frequent different areas of the forums to me. So really I've very little clue who he is except through his handwriting.

And the Maggie Thatcher avatar/adoration.... *shudder*
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Interesting exchange -- no offense taken. If the admission hour has yet to close, I take handwriting analysis to be a little like divining water.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Interesting exchange -- no offense taken.
    phew!

If the admission hour has yet to close, I take handwriting analysis to be a little like divining water.
    Yeah, figured that you would, from the way you do your lower case a's
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I have to say I um, don't read his posts... I mean not cos they're rubbish or anything, I just don't know cos I hardly see any. He's not a prolific poster and tends to frequent different areas of the forums to me. So really I've very little clue who he is except through his handwriting.
    Yea sub, I'm not sure where he hangs out, I think he lurks more. Or rather, we don't measure up *cough cough*

Interesting exchange -- no offense taken. If the admission hour has yet to close, I take handwriting analysis to be a little like divining water.
    Explain? In English, not binary? *keeps admission open for a bit longer*

Edit: Ahh. JJJ's thread. Just read it. Intriguing similarities, you're right. Ideomotor reaction. Conscious/subconscious. Hard to prove empirically, but positive testimonies which makes it difficult to discount. Dependent on skill of reader.

Not a science, but an art.
    Is it only sciences that are valid or could art be too?
    Is personality a science or in part an art as well?

The tool is of use only if it can catch and reflect the subject of study?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Yea sub, I'm not sure where he hangs out, I think he lurks more
    I don't like to take an action unless it's decisive.

Or rather, we don't measure up *cough cough*
    Now, now. Substitute's analysis was challenging. For the record: this was for a girl's birthday, as she loves Psychonauts. The little vault I made by folding a single piece of shaped construction paper. It opened and shut, and inside I stuck a collection of "memories." It's old history, but I'm a diligent archivist.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

(Double-post for separation from picture attachment)

The tool is of use only if it can catch and reflect the subject of study?
    Partly a joke, but -- yes, though I don't mind hearing appeals for its authenticity (in this case, yours and Substitute's work).

MBTI
    INFJ

Ive found some sort of intrest in this ever since I saw it on TV, (hehe, reality TV) and as I watched it, it made me wonder what my handwriting said about me. I wish I could contribute! But sadly, I have no scanner at the moment.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Partly a joke, but -- yes, though I don't mind hearing appeals for its authenticity (in this case, yours and Substitute's work).
    Trojan horse of memory - does it arise from giving the other what was wanted, or is it a way of seeking permanence in another's mind? Perchance both? Passion in you I can see, romance, I hesitate.

The battle for authenticity is not something I'd join. I only know it works for me, with about 70 - 80% accuracy on a good sample. Hence why I'd not argue for it as an incontrovertible truth, and posted this in the Bonfire vs in the hard sections. Also because I do not make a living by it, so I do not hold myself as an authority on it.

My thoughts:

A science would mean there are clear maps and hypotheses, and I could use a checklist to simply say this person is this and/or that. As a snapshot HW analysis, I could do that.

But a proper reading would require intepretation of sometimes conflicting "signs", and that's where I think it becomes an art, and where Sub and I for e.g. could differ. i.e. the signs are objective, but the intepretation subjective.

This means graphology will likely never be accepted as a hard science, as intepretation is open. But I'd rather prefer that - I doubt a person can be fully unravelled. Is the study of psychology a full science of immutable truths?

With the MBTI for e.g. it'd mean there are mainly only about 16 types of personalities in the world. For horoscopes, 12 types. Does this mean the MBTI is 4 types less general than a horoscope? There'd always be some degree of generalisation.

Forer's effect is hard to quantify. But we do not quibble as much with the MBTI. Why?

The aspects I liked about graphology was that it captures a person at one point in time. This opens the road for future growth. In as much as personal experiences colour and shape us, this effect can be seen on the HW too, if you compare samples across time - cascademn's ones are a good example. The MBTI, with the assumption that personalities are fixed from an early age, seemed a little cast in stone to me.

I picked up graphology before I knew about the MBTI. This was 11 years ago. Coupled with reading for a major in medicine, biologically, the moto-neuron connections with conscious and subconscious made sense to me.

So there you go. Not a case for or against its authenticity. Just a subject which intrigues me. Once it is proven or refuted, I'd probably lose all interest in it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Trojan horse of memory - does it arise from giving the other what was wanted, or is it a way of seeking permanence in another's mind? Perchance both? Passion in you I can see, romance, I hesitate.
    The latter. In fact, everything I sent along with the paper curiosity was according to her very general interests. It wasn't necessary, I thought, to ask what she wanted. And, yes -- setting up passion and romance as to intensity and allure, I probably have the first.

The aspects I liked about graphology was that it captures a person at one point in time. This opens the road for future growth. In as much as personal experiences colour and shape us, this effect can be seen on the HW too, if you compare samples across time - cascademn's ones are a good example.
    Developing a chronology of that kind would be interesting. My skepticism remains on the reach of correlations made; but then, your methods are qualified by a measure of accuracy per cent.