User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan
    I'm ambidextrous too. I'm not sure how to tell L from R hand writing though. Was of the idea that it does not matter much as long as the person uses the hand which is the regular one to write with.
    You can tell because of the direction the lines go in and yeah it does make a difference because something that, in a RH person could mean a certain psychological quality, in a LH person might be simply down to physiological matters, ergonomics and not psychology, and vice versa. In an ambidextrous person's writing, depending on the extent of their ambidexterity, where and when and whether they change hands, and what differences it makes to the writing, can be significant.

Took a brief look at Artless Future's doodle sample, some (could be a repeat):
    Ooh yeah, you did see some similar stuff to me
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    You can tell because of the direction the lines go in and yeah it does make a difference because something that, in a RH person could mean a certain psychological quality, in a LH person might be simply down to physiological matters, ergonomics and not psychology, and vice versa. In an ambidextrous person's writing, depending on the extent of their ambidexterity, where and when and whether they change hands, and what differences it makes to the writing, can be significant.

Ooh yeah, you did see some similar stuff to me
    eh. So how do you tell that the person is L handed?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    eh. So how do you tell that the person is L handed?
    there are various tell-tale signs. Smudges are a big one, though of course everyone smudges sometimes, but look at the direction of the smudges - do they go towards the right or left? were they made with a 'pushing' hand or a 'pulling' hand? Remember RH people pull the pen while LH people push it, so if you look at the strokes carefully, you'll see it for yourself, it's obvious once you look. That habit of writing with the hand at the angle Artless described is quite common in LH people, and you can tell it by the directions of things like the way she writes 'all', with the first L going straight up from the A but not back down again, followed by a single down stroke for the second L. It gives away the writing position, but many people who use that position still write orthodox shaped letters in cursive, so although it's still a significant deviation for Artless, it's less so/differently so than for a RH person in whom it'd be extremely unusual.

You can see where the lines darken and lighten, where the pressure is harder. LH pen pushing has the connecting lines between letters darker where they're nearer to the previous letter; RH pen pullers have it darker near to the following letter, usually.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

there are various tell-tale signs. Smudges are a big one, though of course everyone smudges sometimes, but look at the direction of the smudges - do they go towards the right or left? were they made with a 'pushing' hand or a 'pulling' hand? Remember RH people pull the pen while LH people push it, so if you look at the strokes carefully, you'll see it for yourself, it's obvious once you look. That habit of writing with the hand at the angle Artless described is quite common in LH people, and you can tell it by the directions of things like the way she writes 'all', with the first L going straight up from the A but not back down again, followed by a single down stroke for the second L. It gives away the writing position, but many people who use that position still write orthodox shaped letters in cursive, so although it's still a significant deviation for Artless, it's less so/differently so than for a RH person in whom it'd be extremely unusual.

You can see where the lines darken and lighten, where the pressure is harder. LH pen pushing has the connecting lines between letters darker where they're nearer to the previous letter; RH pen pullers have it darker near to the following letter, usually.
    *chuckles* it is time we started charging for these trade secrets.

And casca should be next, she's been waiting behind her peepwall after you threatened to put people in a time out. lol. Hers has an intriguing time lag of 6 years.

Alright. . I'm off to dance classes . . tata. .

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah I'll do cascademn next, but probably not today. I've a mountain of research to do so I can teach a group of Scouts how to use radio communications equipment tonight, and I don't even know myself!!

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    *chuckles* it is time we started charging for these trade secrets.
    Maybe you should... I found the little signs for left/right hand writing fascinating. Never thought it'll be right there in the writing.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Yes I know, I meant that you actually are, not that you just call yourself it. But not that you abide strongly by orthodox ethics, more by your own system of what you believe is ethical. And yes many people can say that too, but many people also don't even follow their own ethics.
    Hmm, ok. You're going to give me a big head at this rate, lol.

Well it's not true of me, or the ISTP I hang out with a lot.
    That makes it more interesting, then.

I'm not talking about unicorns and sci-fi, but engaging the imagination in the mundane, the type of imagination, the lack of which makes someone have autistic tendencies - you don't lack that imagination; you are able to imagine others' viewpoints and situations, but you often just don't try before making conclusions about them.
    This part is true, but I was more thinking about when you said "you let it run away with you when it shouldn't". That part isn't really true, at least on a broad level.
    Yeah it does, but just cos something proves you're more normal than you thought, doesn't invalidate the analysis
    True...I didn't mean that it invalidated it, but more that it's hard to know that you're reading it from a specific trait rather than generalizing.
    That's what I meant about failing to engage the imagination. But I meant more that even if you do, you can still sometimes go ahead anyway and indulge yourself, justifying it and saying it's "their problem" if they don't like it. I mean that you sometimes knowingly do things that harm others, not because you intend harm, but just that you put your own desires first and rationalize their needs as unimportant or not your responsibility.
    Ok, that part's true. I am a lot better at that than I used to be though...

Well, the "getting much better lately" shows in your writing. I'm saying what it tells me about you at the time the samples were written, not how you used to be at previous stages of your evolution.
    Fair point. Now I'm very, very curious to see what my high-school writing would have said about me...lol. I should have tried to dig some of that up, that would have been a lot more convincing to me since it would be harder to guess/generalize about. Not at all implying that you're doing that, only that it isn't automatically ruled out, from my perspective.

I don't think so... most INTP's I know would be the first to think 'how did this happen? how did it get to this?' about a situation before speculating about solutions. Might be more of an SP thing, but I wasn't reading your type, but your writing!

That's what I meant, that you would feel protective and think of helping them, but choose not to.

That's what I meant: you're good with appraising risk levels, so you don't come to any serious harm. You'd just be better at appraising something accurately as moderate to low risk, that others might think was high risk and therefore too dangerous to attempt. You'd attempt it, giving the impression of recklessness when it's actually just better risk assessment.

Well, I just threw the 'others' in to illustrate the point. Though I expect you sometimes might go exploring/adventuring with one other special friend?
    Fair enough. With that clarification, I'll revise my evaluation to...let's say, 10% not really accurate, 40% quite accurate, and 50% accurate but rather vague. So that's a lot higher than I was expecting this to yield.

It's kinda hard for me to accept that things so (relatively) specific can be objectively identified (and not, at least partially, subconsciously have crept in with the knowledge of my type and posts), but I also know that I don't know anything about this sort of thing, and I'm maybe overly skeptical (I am a scientist after all, so what does that tell you). It has definitely been illuminating though.

I'd be amused if my writing proclaimed "I am skeptical of analysis techniques"....
    PS You can have that Scrabble game lol I've got three U's left that I've been stuck with for about six turns!
    Ah that sucks. I definitely thought I was gonna lose, being behind all game there...especially when I had no vowels for the first bit, and you bingoed off the bat, lol.

Thank you Substitute for doing that! Thanks also to Aelan
    I am going to copy these analyses onto a word document and save them. Im really into this kind of stuff, I may have to pick up a book about it!

Now, I shall pick apart what you said a bit, just to give you some feedback.

The first thing that jumps out at me is a pretty mature and thoughtful core, hidden behind a very childlike exterior. This could either mean you're a bit of a diva, using tears and other childish means of getting your way, pretending you're more sensitive than you are and "can't cope" with alternatives (thereby forcing others to accommodate you more than you need them to), or it could mean alternatively, that you give an impression of childlike enthusiasm and naivite that hides a much more realistic inner attitude that can rise to an occasion when necessary.
    Ok I definitely agree with this. I would say that the childlike enthusiasm is more my natural state...I am usually very upbeat and happy on the outside. As far as being a diva... I would say that I am in actuality pretty sensitive, but only about certain things. I don't really like to "fake it" you know? But anyway, I am highly emotional, but thats something not everyone sees all the time. Which is a pretty classic INFP thing.

Your imagination can really take off from nothing - zero to sixty in point three seconds - anything from a bit of mud on your shoe to a smashed plate can send you careening off into realms of fantasy and delight as your mind connects endless possibilities together, inspired by this little, mundane thing.
    Hmm I would say generally, yes. But my imagination doesnt always conjure up happy things. lol

You doubt yourself a lot - you doubt the validity of your own feelings and opinions, but despite the fact that you doubt them, you can't bear to hear other people doubting them. Rather than get defensive though, you tend to just not express them.
    Yeah.. thats totally me. I usually doubt if I am "right" or not. Like, "I feel this way, but am I just overrreacting?" I probably don't want other people to question them, because if I myself am questioning them, then I don't want to say something that I may really not mean! Now you know why I don't post on this forum much. Im pretty much a lurker. With people I know well, I can pretty much spout off about anything.

There's a trend of general lack of attention to important details, whilst giving too much attention to things that are not important. This may be particularly true when you're judging yourself as a person. You might be inclined to beat yourself up over something that others will say is trivial, whilst something that actually does affect the way you make others feel might easily be passed over and dismissed if you don't find it inspiring to think about.
    Yeah I have caught myself doing this before. Something to keep in mind, for sure.

There's a feeling of 'out with the old, in with the new', a progressive sort of mentality. I don't think you're usually the kind to hold grudges.
    Oh yeah very much so. But if it is a pattern of hurting my feelings, or whatever, I usually make a decision of if I want to spend my time with that person.

However there's also a certain level of passive-aggressiveness; if someone annoys you you're more likely to simply avoid them than address the issue and give them a chance to explain. If forced to be around them, you'll be sullen and sorta sulky, again, that childlike vibe. Something tells me that you'd be coaxed out of the sulky corner quite easily with a metaphorical candy bar
    Its that INFP fear of conflict thing. I do avoid people if I have a problem with them, this is something I really battle with. But if I do have to be around them, I am probably not my usual self. I think that I usually just try to act like nothing is wrong. I asked my husband just now, and he confirmed it. So I guess Im probably more likely to fall back on the happy-go-lucky thing.

You have difficulty sometimes because although you perceive differences and distinctions, you tend not to heed them or correctly assess their importance - a sorta naivite again. Perhaps in such a hurry to just carry on 'being friends', you might fail to sufficiently attend to the implications of any changes in your friend's life or personality and adjust your responses to them accordingly.
    I don't really know what you mean by this?? Could you clarify?

You're quite absent minded and undisciplined. Any sorta discipline in your life tends to need to come from external sources: you need people to tell you what to do quite a lot, otherwise you might tend a little towards a sorta Bohemian entropy. You usually take 'orders' pretty well though, when you can see that you're being told to do something you really should've done of your own accord anyway.
    Hahaha, GET OUT OF MY HEAD! No really though... thats dead on. Although I am getting better as I get older, I swear! Most of that comes from being married..I have had to become more J, because Im married to an INFP whose even worse about this than me. But I still have a major struggle. For instance, right this second I should be doing schoolwork. Lol

You're optimistic and quite spiritual; I think your spirituality (not necessarily religiousness though) informs and supports your optimism. You're a bouncer-backer, though you doubt your own ability to bounce back

you're pretty laid back, you don't tend to be judgemental about people, often suspending judgement; sometimes your curiosity overrides anything else and that's why you're not judgemental - you're too busy trying to puzzle people out, to judge them!

You like to look after things and people, and can be very loyal and dedicated in doing so - in fact if there's one thing that will get you putting dynamite up your own undisciplined ass, then it'll be the thought of disappointing or letting down someone who's counting on you.
    Ok I will respond to all of these at once. Since I really should be doing my schoolwork. OK. First section - true, second section - yes Im very curious, third section - letting others down is like death.

Now a reply to Aelan:
    Well read person who seeks a nurturing environment - and has a tendency to hide under a cover of childlike behaviour because it gets you your way more easily. Also because you fear rejection. Warm by nature, however, suffers from insecurity. Specifically - fear being taken advantaged of because you do not trust your judgement of people - consciously create walls and wrap into yourself to keep that at a distance, as a choice vs face the conflict. Find distances with people hard to navigate and understand.
    This is all true, especially the second half. I keep people at a distance emotionally for quite some time. Im always very warm and nice, but the walls are there. As I begin to trust people I take the walls down.

Thank you again for taking the time to do this! I find it amusing that both the handwriting experts are ENTPs. My dad is an ENTP. Also, Im curious to see what Substitue's handwriting analysis says
    Last edited by ArtlessFuture; 12-05-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: oops, wanted to respond to Aelan's too

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan
    But actually, I was really trying to be the poisionous ael again and bait the carebear, but you had to come in *sigh*.
    Fool me once... shame on... shame on you?... Fool me... you can't get fooled again!

[Old saying in Tennessee... I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Ok, I'll warn you that the content is a little more vindictive than I like to be, but it was also done the night I found out I didn't have internet (which I have back again ). Hopefully it's clear enough (you would laugh at the apparatus I set up for it) and I'll take anything you give me on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]