User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Now, with that outta the way, here's what I got from Randomnity....There's more, but it'll take me a while to get round to it... how's that so far though?
    Wow, long post. First of all, thanks a lot for taking the time to do this! I look forward to assessing it
    Now let's see how accurate it is...
    You're a pretty ethical person
    Too subjective, also most people would call themselves ethical.
    , but sometimes you don't think things through to their conclusion before forming opinions on them, and this can include people. First impressions count with you - if someone puts your back up when you first meet them, it'll be tough for them to fix things cos if they try to be super nice to apologize you'll just be cynical and suspicious of it, at least internally, whilst appearing to forgive and forget externally.
    This is surprisingly accurate. Unsure how common this is for the common population though (or ISTPs, or Ts for that matter).
    You've a vivid imagination, but can sometimes have trouble because you sorta run away with it when you shouldn't, but sometimes fail to engage it when it'd help you in being less critical of others.
    Depending what exactly you mean by imagination, this is either sometimes accurate or not at all.
    You're quite concerned with clarity and being sure that you don't get your intentions or meanings mistaken, but you're not as good with words as you'd like to be and this can sometimes be a problem when you think you've expressed yourself clearly. You have difficulty with transferring your thoughts from your head onto paper, and the writing process tends to slow you down in a way you don't welcome, but need.
    Yes. I think this applies for most people though.

Lots of paradoxes, you're an interesting person...!
    Lol. Thanks, I think.
    At the same time as being quite unidisciplined and impulsive, you're also quite able to anticipate future chains of events - more than you let on even to yourself maybe - perhaps you sometimes can be guilty of seeing possible bad outcomes for others, but indulging yourself anyway and later pretending you weren't to know what would happen.
    This is partially true. I do deceive myself, but only about bad outcomes for myself (I can risk this, I can procrastinate, etc). Usually with bad outcomes for others, I'm blindsided, because it doesn't occur to me to think about possible consequences for others a lot of the time.
    You see yourself as more complicated than you are in reality - actually, it's more a case of proportion - you think you're more complicated than your peers, when you aren't necessarily. It's not that you're particularly simple, but they're more complicated than you think they are.
    This is hard to evaluate, because if I agreed with you, my perception would be that I am really not that complicated after all. It's a paradox. However I am willing to believe it, as it's something I've wondered on occasion.
    You can be self-absorbed at times, and quit unperceptive of others' points of view, often taking offence when you're the one that actually gave it!
    Yes, certainly true. Although I think that would apply to any istp.
    However, you do know your limits, and you know how to not outstay your welcome. You know what you can get away with and what you can't, and you know not to push things too far, so you tend to stay on the right side of 'the line' most of the time.
    Hmm, I think I cross the line rather too often actually, although I'm getting much better lately. Although I guess most people don't hate me.
    When it comes to the animal instincts (i.e. all things hanky panky), you're a bit tense. I mean there's tension within you as part of you just wants to let go and go with it, whilst another part of you can't help critiquing your partner.
    Not true to my knowledge. I am critical of myself but very rarely of a partner, and I don't have much trouble letting go. It's mostly later that I'm self-critical.
    You need to 'back engineer' more often - you can get yourself stuck in a moment, and find that your desire to move forwards ironically grinds you to a halt where you're overanalyzing the present, when you need to look into the past to discover how things came to where they are, in order to figure out how to move forward. IOW you need to work on seeing things and people in their propoer context.
    This is very true. I'm trying to figure out how to stop doing this actually. This is probably true for any Ti dominant though.
    You're quite protective of the people you care about, and might often find yourself really mad or upset on their behalf and wanting to go in like a knight in shining armour. However, something within you seems to stop you from doing this quite often, and you get mad at yourself for it. Perhaps you think they won't appreciate it, or that it's not your place.
    Hmm...I care a lot about select people, but I've never felt the urge to be a knight in shining armour. I tell them what I think would be best for them to do, but I always let them act on their own, as I greatly, greatly prefer people do for me.
    You're an adventurous person - you're up for anything fun and even silly or dangerous, but because you do know your limits and are very good with appraising a physical situation, you seldom come to any great harm. You'd be the first to test, say, a rickety bridge into a forest that you just have to explore, while the others hang back like a bunch of chickens! When it comes to risks, you're no chicken!
    True to a degree, but I won't do something where I think I'll come to serious harm. And I would be more likely to do it alone, not with others. Again, a pretty typical ISTP thing.

Overall I'd give the analysis...maybe 20% not accurate, 40% very accurate, and 40% partially accurate. However most of the things that were accurate correspond roughly to my MBTI type, so I'm very curious to see if other ISTPs (or INTPs) have similar writing. I'd also like to know which aspects of the handwriting correspond to what traits, but I imagine that's something of a trade secret.

I tried to be as objective as possible in my evaluation of the analysis, and hopefully I wasn't overly critical, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I'm also willing to accept that I may see myself incorrectly in some areas, but this is the truth as I see it.

Very interesting though, it was more accurate than I'd thought it would be, and certainly more detailed. Good job!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I hope htb and I will be soon!!

**sorry...felt the urge to post...will exit now and continue waiting patiently **
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Too subjective, also most people would call themselves ethical.
    Yes I know, I meant that you actually are, not that you just call yourself it. But not that you abide strongly by orthodox ethics, more by your own system of what you believe is ethical. And yes many people can say that too, but many people also don't even follow their own ethics.

This is surprisingly accurate. Unsure how common this is for the common population though (or ISTPs, or Ts for that matter).
    Well it's not true of me, or the ISTP I hang out with a lot.

Depending what exactly you mean by imagination, this is either sometimes accurate or not at all.
    I'm not talking about unicorns and sci-fi, but engaging the imagination in the mundane, the type of imagination, the lack of which makes someone have autistic tendencies - you don't lack that imagination; you are able to imagine others' viewpoints and situations, but you often just don't try before making conclusions about them.

Yes. I think this applies for most people though.
    Yeah it does, but just cos something proves you're more normal than you thought, doesn't invalidate the analysis

This is partially true. I do deceive myself, but only about bad outcomes for myself (I can risk this, I can procrastinate, etc). Usually with bad outcomes for others, I'm blindsided, because it doesn't occur to me to think about possible consequences for others a lot of the time.
    That's what I meant about failing to engage the imagination. But I meant more that even if you do, you can still sometimes go ahead anyway and indulge yourself, justifying it and saying it's "their problem" if they don't like it. I mean that you sometimes knowingly do things that harm others, not because you intend harm, but just that you put your own desires first and rationalize their needs as unimportant or not your responsibility.

Yes, certainly true. Although I think that would apply to any istp.
    Again, just cos it proves you're typical... heheh...

Hmm, I think I cross the line rather too often actually, although I'm getting much better lately. Although I guess most people don't hate me.
    Well, the "getting much better lately" shows in your writing. I'm saying what it tells me about you at the time the samples were written, not how you used to be at previous stages of your evolution.

Not true to my knowledge. I am critical of myself but very rarely of a partner, and I don't have much trouble letting go. It's mostly later that I'm self-critical.
    Yeah looking at that now I see I was lazy in that part of the analysis and took a guess!

This is very true. I'm trying to figure out how to stop doing this actually. This is probably true for any Ti dominant though.
    I don't think so... most INTP's I know would be the first to think 'how did this happen? how did it get to this?' about a situation before speculating about solutions. Might be more of an SP thing, but I wasn't reading your type, but your writing!

Hmm...I care a lot about select people, but I've never felt the urge to be a knight in shining armour. I tell them what I think would be best for them to do, but I always let them act on their own, as I greatly, greatly prefer people do for me.
    That's what I meant, that you would feel protective and think of helping them, but choose not to.

True to a degree, but I won't do something where I think I'll come to serious harm.
    That's what I meant: you're good with appraising risk levels, so you don't come to any serious harm. You'd just be better at appraising something accurately as moderate to low risk, that others might think was high risk and therefore too dangerous to attempt. You'd attempt it, giving the impression of recklessness when it's actually just better risk assessment.

And I would be more likely to do it alone, not with others. Again, a pretty typical ISTP thing.
    Well, I just threw the 'others' in to illustrate the point. Though I expect you sometimes might go exploring/adventuring with one other special friend?

I'd also like to know which aspects of the handwriting correspond to what traits, but I imagine that's something of a trade secret.
    Not really, more a case of 'too long to explain' for Mr Short Attention Span here

I tried to be as objective as possible in my evaluation of the analysis, and hopefully I wasn't overly critical, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I'm also willing to accept that I may see myself incorrectly in some areas, but this is the truth as I see it.
    Fair enough, just saying what I see, though my vision is subject to flaws as anything mortal is

PS You can have that Scrabble game lol I've got three U's left that I've been stuck with for about six turns!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

Hm.. assuming sub didn't describe Random based on type and online posts, but purely on what the handwriting said, I can't see how "that's probably typical of many ISTPs" subtracts from the merit of the analysis. Quite the contrary. If graphology can hint at a person's type, I've seriously underestimated it.

Imagine having read that analysis before you ever heard about MBTI, R... (Of course sub now has the chance to cheat, so if you're sceptical I guess he can't prove he didn't just go straight to the type and your posts and didn't even bother to read your handwriting, but it wouldn't be very like him. (Though ENTPs are lazy clever buggers who're known for cutting corners, so who knows.)

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    If graphology can hint at a person's type, I've seriously underestimated it.
    It can hint at traits and tendencies. As close as that gets to type, then yes. But in as far as that, there're still variations within a type. The handwriting thing is about a person at a point in their lives, vs a type.

Personally, I don't think I've done enough samples across all types to say that it'd accurately predict a type (though that is an interesting question), I've not typed anyone else I've done this for outside this board, and also because I'd picked it up before I learnt about the MBTI too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    (Though ENTPs are lazy clever buggers who're known for cutting corners, so who knows.)
    :steam: MEH.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    :steam: MEH.
    Interesting reaction... I laughed cos I know it's true and quite like it actually
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Interesting reaction... I laughed cos I know it's true and quite like it actually

<darn there's no big fuming smiley>

buster, I busted my ass off while on a business trip to get the ones before this done on time, was poring over each sample and typing and re-typing each piece, bothered to link each point to signs, and you like it that folks say you're a lazy bugger and cut corners?!

MEH!!!

Edit: In things I'm serious about, I seldom cut corners and laze on it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Calm down dear

I meant that it's true that I do cut corners all the time wherever I can get away with it, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I wasn't talking about you!

TBH though, it wouldn't occur to most people that anyone would put that much effort into a supposedly fun thing on an internet forum with a bunch of strangers... I have said you should chill out with it a bit, you're pushing yourself too hard when there's really no need to and look, it's made you tired and tetchy...

you might need to flip your obsessive switch off for a bit before you do yourself some damage (hence why I started helping out, was worried about you). PLEASE don't take that the wrong way!!!

MBTI
    ENTP

Artless Future:

Yeah I can tell you're left-handed, I could also tell the writing angle too

At this point I'll just throw in that I'm ambidexterous, just to confuse aelan so she'll be wondering which hand I used for which parts of my samples!

The first thing that jumps out at me is a pretty mature and thoughtful core, hidden behind a very childlike exterior. This could either mean you're a bit of a diva, using tears and other childish means of getting your way, pretending you're more sensitive than you are and "can't cope" with alternatives (thereby forcing others to accommodate you more than you need them to), or it could mean alternatively, that you give an impression of childlike enthusiasm and naivite that hides a much more realistic inner attitude that can rise to an occasion when necessary.

Your imagination can really take off from nothing - zero to sixty in point three seconds - anything from a bit of mud on your shoe to a smashed plate can send you careening off into realms of fantasy and delight as your mind connects endless possibilities together, inspired by this little, mundane thing.

You doubt yourself a lot - you doubt the validity of your own feelings and opinions, but despite the fact that you doubt them, you can't bear to hear other people doubting them. Rather than get defensive though, you tend to just not express them.

There's a trend of general lack of attention to important details, whilst giving too much attention to things that are not important. This may be particularly true when you're judging yourself as a person. You might be inclined to beat yourself up over something that others will say is trivial, whilst something that actually does affect the way you make others feel might easily be passed over and dismissed if you don't find it inspiring to think about.

There's a feeling of 'out with the old, in with the new', a progressive sort of mentality. I don't think you're usually the kind to hold grudges. However there's also a certain level of passive-aggressiveness; if someone annoys you you're more likely to simply avoid them than address the issue and give them a chance to explain. If forced to be around them, you'll be sullen and sorta sulky, again, that childlike vibe. Something tells me that you'd be coaxed out of the sulky corner quite easily with a metaphorical candy bar

You have difficulty sometimes because although you perceive differences and distinctions, you tend not to heed them or correctly assess their importance - a sorta naivite again. Perhaps in such a hurry to just carry on 'being friends', you might fail to sufficiently attend to the implications of any changes in your friend's life or personality and adjust your responses to them accordingly. This is an avoidable situation though, because you do have the ability to be very adaptable and easily accept changes.

You're quite absent minded and undisciplined. Any sorta discipline in your life tends to need to come from external sources: you need people to tell you what to do quite a lot, otherwise you might tend a little towards a sorta Bohemian entropy. You usually take 'orders' pretty well though, when you can see that you're being told to do something you really should've done of your own accord anyway.

You're optimistic and quite spiritual; I think your spirituality (not necessarily religiousness though) informs and supports your optimism. You're a bouncer-backer, though you doubt your own ability to bounce back

you're pretty laid back, you don't tend to be judgemental about people, often suspending judgement; sometimes your curiosity overrides anything else and that's why you're not judgemental - you're too busy trying to puzzle people out, to judge them!

You like to look after things and people, and can be very loyal and dedicated in doing so - in fact if there's one thing that will get you putting dynamite up your own undisciplined ass, then it'll be the thought of disappointing or letting down someone who's counting on you.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Calm down dear

I meant that it's true that I do cut corners all the time wherever I can get away with it, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I wasn't talking about you!

TBH though, it wouldn't occur to most people that anyone would put that much effort into a supposedly fun thing on an internet forum with a bunch of strangers... I have said you should chill out with it a bit, you're pushing yourself too hard when there's really no need to and look, it's made you tired and tetchy...

you might need to flip your obsessive switch off for a bit before you do yourself some damage (hence why I started helping out, was worried about you). PLEASE don't take that the wrong way!!!
    It's a distraction for me, which I need right now, perhaps. Cut things off with the friend on the friend trap thing.

But actually, I was really trying to be the poisionous ael again and bait the carebear, but you had to come in *sigh*.

I push myself hard in everything I choose to do, simply.

I'm ambidextrous too. I'm not sure how to tell L from R hand writing though. Was of the idea that it does not matter much as long as the person uses the hand which is the regular one to write with.

Took a brief look at Artless Future's doodle sample, some (could be a repeat):

Well read person who seeks a nurturing environment - and has a tendency to hide under a cover of childlike behaviour because it gets you your way more easily. Also because you fear rejection. Warm by nature, however, suffers from insecurity. Specifically - fear being taken advantaged of because you do not trust your judgement of people - consciously create walls and wrap into yourself to keep that at a distance, as a choice vs face the conflict. Find distances with people hard to navigate and understand.