User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Did I mention carebears are subversive and sneaky?
    Lol. I love prowling and sneaking by walking along in the open as if nothing is on my mind. It thrilled me to find out that real spys don't walk around in long grey coats and dark sunglasses and feed ducks together with other suspicious characters, but that they look like tourists, accountants, absentminded professors etc. minding their own business.

*lol*. A thorough analysis may not be accurate, isn't it? The two are distinct.
    True

In fact, as sub pointed out, it is dicey to do this actually. Sometimes the handwriting says things which someone may not acknowledge consciously, or other times, may not even be aware of. And you struggle if you want to point this out or not, since you could be wrong, and you do not want to plant an idea into a person's head that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    I see the problem. Personally I'm pretty sure I'd love to hear it even if it might not be something I'm aware of. It could give a new interesting angle for self discovery. If it didn't fit and I didn't get any greater revelation from it, I'd just think it probably was something about the setting in which I wrote it, and wouldn't try to make my life fit the analysis. Kind of like MBTI actually. I don't try acting any more or less INFP now than before, but it's given me some valuable insight into how I tick and why. Some things I didn't like, but found to be true, others didn't fit, and I disregarded them without stripping MBTI of any merit.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    I see the problem. Personally I'm pretty sure I'd love to hear it even if it might not be something I'm aware of. It could give a new interesting angle for self discovery. If it didn't fit and I didn't get any greater revelation from it, I'd just think it probably was something about the setting in which I wrote it, and wouldn't try to make my life fit the analysis. Kind of like MBTI actually. I don't try acting any more or less INFP now than before, but it's given me some valuable insight into how I tick and why. Some things I didn't like, but found to be true, others didn't fit, and I disregarded them without stripping MBTI of any merit.
    =) Leave it for sub. =D

Edit: What specifics are you looking for actually? e.g. if you go back and see arcticangel's, etc analyses, would you consider them general?

Sub: No, for some reason, this thread seems to attract ENFPs, INFPs, INTPs, a couple of INTJs. Off the top of my head, I've no Ss, I think. Wonder why. .

MBTI
    ENTP

No, you get me wrong - I wasn't protesting about your analysis of mine, I did say too on my blog that I wasn't saying you were wrong, I didn't deny any of it. I was just pointing out some other things though as well that you might've missed, not for my sake or the sake of my analysis, but for future ones that you do.

The types attracted... well they're just the predominant types on this board aren't they? S's... in my experience, they tend to fall much on the side of it all being a bit 'wishy washy' and not enough proof/facts to back it up for them to take it seriously. That kinda attitude.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    No, you get me wrong - I wasn't protesting about your analysis of mine, I did say too on my blog that I wasn't saying you were wrong, I didn't deny any of it. I was just pointing out some other things though as well that you might've missed, not for my sake or the sake of my analysis, but for future ones that you do.

The types attracted... well they're just the predominant types on this board aren't they? S's... in my experience, they tend to fall much on the side of it all being a bit 'wishy washy' and not enough proof/facts to back it up for them to take it seriously. That kinda attitude.
    Yea. Was rambly last night and not clear. Lack of sleep. sowwy. Yours is not easy. But to be fair, I cannot ask about a person's past before doing the analysis, though after analysis when you learn more, it reframes and corrects some of the points, but it'd not be fair to say I saw that from the HW, if I didn't see it, you see. I was trying to avoid any associative effects. (Sort of like, you know that trait, then you go backwards to find proof of it).

But anyway, I've to write yours in full to be clear. . I think we're heading on the same track actually, just that a different way of saying/seeing it. Need weekend for that though.

Right now I think I'm too accurate to be honest, so maybe folks are being nice, or I'm too general, as carebear says (so you'd be right anyway if you spread the net wide enough). Maybe if we both did one set and argued for and against it'd work better. . but I'd need more time given backlog, as I do have some from RL people too. (if you'd be a sweetheart and offer to take htb and casca you could though )

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah I'll take 'em. But take your time, don't pressure yourself (or let others pressure you!) into hurrying with it. People often pay over a hundred dollars to get this done and we're doing it for nothing, so they can wait and have it on our terms! lol

Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah I'll take 'em. But take your time, don't pressure yourself (or let others pressure you!) into hurrying with it. People often pay over a hundred dollars to get this done and we're doing it for nothing, so they can wait and have it on our terms! lol

They DO?!

DAMMIT!!! I could be earning more by doing this, even if it was half baked!!! Thanks subbie, for taking them on. Look forward to learning from you hehehe.

Oh btw, carebear, a little trick for your kids next time. Watch their eyes.

Ask a question you know the answer to, but which they will have to search their memory for. e.g. not what colour tie am I wearing, but maybe, what did you wear yesterday. Observe the way their eyes move (look up? right? etc)

Then ask your question. If it is a lie they say, the eyes will flicker differently 9/10 times.

MBTI
    ENTP

They DO?!
    DAMMIT!!! I could be earning more by doing this, even if it was half baked!!! Thanks subbie, for taking them on. Look forward to learning from you hehehe.
    They do indeed. I've had people pay me to do them to give as gifts for someone's birthday/Christmas etc.

MBTI
    INFP

I've tried the way Derren Brown does it with 100% success thus far: Ask 3 questions, two which have to be right, one a lie, and watch for telltale signs (or if they're not there, pick the one that differs from the reactions of the others.) I love the way it freaks people out to think that you can read their minds (an in some ways you can, just as a smile reveals the mind as well.)

I'll add your way of doing it to my quiver, so I'll have even more exciting party tricks. (Or when I start teaching, tricks to make them worship me like a god.)

Edit: Actually, I see the advantage of your way, as they won't have to agree to anything before I ask. Will be interesting to try.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

They do indeed. I've had people pay me to do them to give as gifts for someone's birthday/Christmas etc.
    I'm not good enough to ask for payment. =) I just entertain little carebears on anon. forums with it.

If you were to remove the kids gloves from my analysis, what'd you say though? PM?

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not good enough to ask for payment. =) I just entertain little carebears on anon. forums with it.

If you were to remove the kids gloves from my analysis, what'd you say though? PM?
    Not sure what you mean, but I've known other analysts who've done jobs not half as good as yours, and they got paid