User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Why would you assume that if I think about something carefully, I'm not considering the emotional aspects of it? It is my writing, but I wrote it a while ago... it may have changed since. Do I seem very different in this writing than in that I use on the forum?
    * Merely that in the writing, the middle zone (rationality) is the most developed, i.e. thought leads the way in governing a response vs emotions; not that you do not consider emotions. Hope that clarifies. In the forum, I've noticed you give very considered responses, so that would about fit.

It is more that I'm still rather new to the MBTI workings, so somehow, when I see NF, I assume sort of like articangel's, feelings first, so the amount of thought and guardedness which goes on in an INFJ (and indeed, INFP, but less so) throws me off. But that's not you, it's me. *goes back to requestion my assumptions*

Well, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to care about everyone. I mean, how is it really special if you let everyone in? Also, I don't really understand... "allowed to care for me?" If someone pays me a compliment, I'm not bothered by it, and very much appreciate that I matter to them enough for them to say that about me.
    True that. I have to learn to have more walls. *allow to care for you, meaning it came across as someone who was wary of sharing a lot of herself with others, so, taking a space in someone else's heart, to draw a metaphor?

That doesn't mean I'm an S, does it? I have actually been told that I seem to be intense about everything. Does that make sense?
    Hmm. No idea to that. Why would intensity be a factor of S or N? Can't figure out what it'd be linked to.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    * Merely that in the writing, the middle zone (rationality) is the most developed, i.e. thought leads the way in governing a response vs emotions; not that you do not consider emotions. Hope that clarifies. In the forum, I've noticed you give very considered responses, so that would about fit.

It is more that I'm still rather new to the MBTI workings, so somehow, when I see NF, I assume sort of like articangel's, feelings first, so the amount of thought and guardedness which goes on in an INFJ (and indeed, INFP, but less so) throws me off. But that's not you, it's me. *goes back to requestion my assumptions*
    It's not impossible that I'm an INTJ. I just feel like most of them are more... efficient/driven than precise/cautious, but that I'm not. Does that make sense?

Just out of curiosity, how is rationality typically defined in the context of handwriting analysis?
    True that. I have to learn to have more walls. *allow to care for you, meaning it came across as someone who was wary of sharing a lot of herself with others, so, taking a space in someone else's heart, to draw a metaphor?
    Well, sometimes I don't feel that I'm good enough to expect any compassion/concern from others, and that I would be selfish to expect it. I'm quite happy when it's offered freely, however. And I do my best to offer it to people who need it. It's much easier for me to open up to one person who just has a certain "resonance" about them than it is to open up to people in general. It's like I have "stages" of reactions. Some are the sort I'm willing to show publicly, the others are only for the few people I trust.
    Hmm. No idea to that. Why would intensity be a factor of S or N? Can't figure out what it'd be linked to.
    No, that's not what I meant. You said "Not one for excessive displays of materialism, nor flights of fancy into abstraction." Doesn't saying that I'm not one for flights of fancy into abstraction imply that I'm a "grounded" individual, and thus most likely an S? On the other hand, not being interested in excessive displays of materialism sounds more N... hmm. Anyway, that's what that was about.

The intensity comment was about "The times you display emotions, probably the intensity of it throws those who do not know you well off-guard." So I replied that that I have been told that I seem to be intense about everything, at least by one person who spoke to me at length, and I asked if that made sense to you, and whether it fit well within in the context of your analysis?

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

It's not impossible that I'm an INTJ. I just feel like most of them are more... efficient/driven than precise/cautious, but that I'm not. Does that make sense?

Just out of curiosity, how is rationality typically defined in the context of handwriting analysis?
    I see. I read somewhere that INFJs are the most analytical of the feelers (if that is true), so I could understand that.

If you were to use a ruler and draw two lines dividing a sentence into 3 parts, upper, middle, and lower zones, all letters would have components that fall into the middle zone.

An "a" for e.g. would fall completely into a middle zone. The tails of the "g", "y" etc, would fall into the lower zone, the tops of the "t", "l" etc goes to the upper zone. "f" is the only letter which (should) exist in all 3 zones.

The middle zone governs practicality/rationality/common sense. The upper zone abstract thinking/fantasy. The lower zone, materialism / sensuality. So what we're looking for is the development of each zone, relative to the others, to determine which leads the person.

No, that's not what I meant. You said "Not one for excessive displays of materialism, nor flights of fancy into abstraction." Doesn't saying that I'm not one for flights of fancy into abstraction imply that I'm a "grounded" individual, and thus most likely an S? On the other hand, not being interested in excessive displays of materialism sounds more N... hmm. Anyway, that's what that was about.
    Lool. I was just reading from the handwriting, how the middle zone holds sway for you. It's new to me to try reconcile it to the types actually. Interesting though. . I'd say an N can be grounded, once he/she learns to rein in fancies and support them with some degree of rationality/common sense?

The intensity comment was was about "The times you display emotions, probably the intensity of it throws those who do not know you well off-guard." So I replied that that I have been told that I seem to be intense about everything, at least by one person who spoke to me at length, and I asked if that made sense to you, and whether it fit well within in the context of your analysis?
    hmm. That was an intepretation I made from the other "signs" in the handwriting. My thinking was: someone who's normally guarded with their emotions, but who puts pressure on themselves and likes order, when they speak about something they care about, are likely to get heated. But to a general public who does not know the person, or who knows him/her as someone who always has a cool front, that intensity comes as a surprise.

So what that person said to you, would make sense, if for e.g. you seldom speak about things, unless it matters to you. From your handwriting, I am not sure how to tell that though.

Please do bear in mind the handwriting analysis is only a snapshot, and it'll never be 100% accurate, ok? At the end of it, I think we're all too complex to be perfectly captured by type or handwriting alone.

MBTI
    ENTP

So here goes an attempt at a different sort of deconstructing you. I think you'll understand the message behind each of the lines. Or at least, have fun intepreting them
    Haha, yeah that was interesting! I'll have fun analyzing that now!

Thank you!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

athenian- you totally remind me of my isfj mom if that's any help! and that's a total compliment by the way!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I see. I read somewhere that INFJs are the most analytical of the feelers (if that is true), so I could understand that.
    According to the functional order and the way I understand the theory thus far, we should share that distinction with ISFJ... but for some reason or other the Si seems to strengthen the Fe somehow, while the Ni doesn't. And then think about what functions are on either side of it, Ni (dominant) and Ti (tertiary). They can probably absorb/cancel quite a bit of the energy that would normally be alloted to Fe, especially since it's auxiliary rather than dominant...

The middle zone governs practicality/rationality/common sense. The upper zone abstract thinking/fantasy. The lower zone, materialism / sensuality. So what we're looking for is the development of each zone, relative to the others, to determine which leads the person.

Lool. I was just reading from the handwriting, how the middle zone holds sway for you. It's new to me to try reconcile it to the types actually. Interesting though. . I'd say an N can be grounded, once he/she learns to rein in fancies and support them with some degree of rationality/common sense?
    Oh... well, what I guess I'm asking is, do you think that practicality/rationality in this sense would, in general, be the same as S in MBTI, or does it seem to you to be a different concept?

hmm. That was an interpretation I made from the other "signs" in the handwriting. My thinking was: someone who's normally guarded with their emotions, but who puts pressure on themselves and likes order, when they speak about something they care about, are likely to get heated. But to a general public who does not know the person, or who knows him/her as someone who always has a cool front, that intensity comes as a surprise.

So what that person said to you, would make sense, if for e.g. you seldom speak about things, unless it matters to you. From your handwriting, I am not sure how to tell that though.
    Well, I do typically limit myself to speaking about whatever I'm supposed to be doing/working on at the moment in public, unless the other person changes the subject, in which case I'm typically fairly comfortable discussing that and maybe a few other ideas with them. For some reason, I'm never comfortable bringing up anything that might potentially seem odd, unimportant, or silly on my own, but I'm usually comfortable talking about whatever another person brings up. Via E-mail, telephone, or something similar, though, I'm more comfortable discussing whatever concerns me.

Please do bear in mind the handwriting analysis is only a snapshot, and it'll never be 100% accurate, ok? At the end of it, I think we're all too complex to be perfectly captured by type or handwriting alone.
    I understand and agree completely, and I didn't expect accuracy (although it was actually close in several respects). I just wanted to understand what you meant by what you said as well as I could, and whether some additional information about me that I have believed seemed to fit me at one point or another, seemed to you to fit with the idea you presented here, in your opinion, or else would suggest that it might be interpreted differently in some way, and thus perhaps I could see if that particular way seemed more or less correct than the way in which I had previously interpreted it.

I would say that most things are too complex to be perfectly captured by anything we are actually capable of explaining or using at this point in time. Of course, it's still interesting to try, isn't it? You keep getting closer, even if you never reach the end.

Anyway, would it surprise you that I tested as "Lawful Neutral" on something called an Alignment test (don't worry if you haven't heard of it, it wasn't that important)? I mention it because the description of that reminds me of some of the things I saw here...

MBTI
    INFP

Ok, I know it's too late, but would hate myself if I didn't try. I figured this whole handwriting analysis thing was bullpoo, but have realized I might have been wrong.

Since I'm becoming a teacher, I'd find it extremely interesting to see if I couldn't use it for fun some time. So I started an online search for resources, but didn't come up with much. Any tips on where to start learning it?

I also tried an online interactive "get your handwriting profile"-thingy, but the results from that test (though interesting enough) were full of contradictions.

So I'm very curious on it all now and regret not volunteering, and since you're about done with the other ones now, I'll be bold enough to ask: Would you consider doing a final analysis? (It can be quick and half-hearted if you like.) If you don't have the time or are bored with it all, it's ok, but at least I'll know I tried.

I wrote some random thoughts on a page and photographed it:
    Carebearsample BW.jpg

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Oh... well, what I guess I'm asking is, do you think that practicality/rationality in this sense would, in general, be the same as S in MBTI, or does it seem to you to be a different concept?
    The S in the MBTI (correct me if I'm wrong, my understanding of the cognitive functions is still really wonky) governs the absorption of the world via details, facts, sensory experiences; storage and comparison with known experiences too. But it is not the outward expression of the absorption. That is the domain of P/J.

For handwriting, the "rationality / practicality" middle zone simply means the zone of common sense. This I take to mean, the knowledge, which can be learnt from experience or from intuition, that governs us to act wisely in daily situations, to preserve an order as we know it. Where its development lies relative to the rest, tells us what leads a person in making decisions.

So the S is for the process of absorption.

But the rationality zone refers more to how what we've learnt influences our actions, and the role it plays in determining our responses, in confluence/conflict with thinking, and emotional/physical urges.

I'm also wary of saying that Ns have little common sense, or that Ss have more, as knowledge is but our perception of truth - and we each find a version that enables us to survive. Ultimately, isn't this what common sense is - an aid to survival?

Because of this, I'd posit that they are different concepts. . . Does that make sense?

.. thus perhaps I could see if that particular way seemed more or less correct than the way in which I had previously interpreted it.

.. You keep getting closer, even if you never reach the end.

Anyway, would it surprise you that I tested as "Lawful Neutral" on something called an Alignment test (don't worry if you haven't heard of it, it wasn't that important)? I mention it because the description of that reminds me of some of the things I saw here

Your posts give me food for thought - I find myself going back to revisit things and they all appear in a different light. I don't think one method of interpretation is more or less correct vs the other, but our understanding of things are different, if that is clear.

Lawful Neutral sounds about right. The image I have of you is actually that of Justice with blindfolds, holding the scales actually. It is not coldness as the perception is, but that neutrality is the best for all you care for.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    I figured this whole handwriting analysis thing was bullpoo, but have realized I might have been wrong.

Since I'm becoming a teacher, I'd find it extremely interesting to see if I couldn't use it for fun some time. So I started an online search for resources, but didn't come up with much. Any tips on where to start learning it?

I also tried an online interactive "get your handwriting profile"-thingy, but the results from that test (though interesting enough) were full of contradictions.

Carebearsample BW.jpg
    It gets the attention of teens very quickly. It is also in how you tell the story. For e.g. if you notice that a kid's handwriting tends towards sentimentality, you could say, "now. . . did you name all your stuffed toys last time?"

Or if someone is messy / lacks focus, you could go, "when was the last time you cleaned your room?". Stuff like that makes them sit up. With teens, catch their imagination and you'll have them.

Bullpoo could be true. It is not a proven science I believe. More of an interpretive art. I learnt mainly from books, and practice? Trial and error like here, where you learn to recognise signs, and how to interpret different "signals" in a handwriting. Have probably done a couple of hundred samples over the last 10 years, but am just an amateur still.

The difficulty with it is that it is a snapshot, and may not be reliable as an indicator, definitely not conclusive. In that it reveals the conscious and subconscious, and from the interplay, how one's attitudes, traits are tending towards one direction. But there is considerable influence as well from the environment - for e.g. if you were to write for an exam, the stress/focus would show, vs stream of consciousness. So it could be useful perhaps as a situational predictor.

I guess an online programme may not be as accurate because a person's handwriting is very individual. To use the analogy of a poem, a computer could analyse each word and sentence, but could still lose that overall sense of it? Same with handwriting. It is easy to get lost in little signs, but lose track of the overall person.

A person's signature is also very telling (literally, a "sign of your nature"), but I didn't want to ask for it here since we're all anon.

I suppose try googling graphology (the official name for it), check for the graphoanalysis school, check for green sheet. These key words should throw up some resources.

Hope that babble helped. lol.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I have an issue: I'd volunteer, but I don't have any samples other than some math homework I scanned onto my computer. Not sure if I still have them, but if I have some writen answers still saved, would it be enough?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]