User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Yah I hear you on that one... don't you sometimes just wish instead of typing stuff out what you think can just appear on the screen? I suppose for you... you'll be more likely to talk stuff out, so a recorder will work fine.
    Not really. I think I'd have too many enemies if that happened. *chuckles*

I think words are like the cherry blossom in the Japanese ideal of perfection? The flower progressively blossoms, but falls when it is fully opened. So perfect beauty & completion lies in that moment the sakura falls, before it reaches the ground. Same with words. Achingly beautiful when it is in symmetry with thoughts, but those moments are ephemeral.

I didn't realize we give you NTs so much trouble. I envy the conciseness in NT posts though. For me it's more like a linking of something to other things. Scrap that... nevermind I see what you mean. No... as nice as the text editer is... last time I check, it doesn't come with emotional descriptors yet. :p
    That's what emoticons are for. hehehe. And I'm the furthest thing from concise.

No trouble. =) More like fun and learning to slow down. I used to be very high T and little F, in which case I probably would've been highly irritable and dismissive of Fs. But I guess you start to realize the importance of kindness and how gentleness is not weakness, though it may seem that way.

But I call that part of the fun! I wish I can come up with stuff like that on the fly... I greatly admire that in ENXPs.
    =) on the flip side, folks do not take you seriously too. Your type is fine, why change it? *hugs the mousie*

Hmmm assuming that's correct... what does it mean? *scratches head* I'll have to think on this one. Hmmmm perhaps it takes something to do with my writing not being exactly a "conscious stream of thought". Stuff gets run through my head before I start writing it down on paper. Could that explain it? I don't know.
    *lol*. The simplest explanation is I'm wrong on that! Don't take on my interpretation! Haha.

MBTI
    ENTP

I find it interesting that so much can be ascertained by a person’s handwriting. Does what a person write about help/hinder an analysis? Also I noticed you are a senior member on the board so I imagine you have read many of the posts from the other members, could this have affected your analysis?

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hi sam! ENTP!

Yea, I thought it was interesting, which was why I picked it up about 11 years ago. Since then I just do it off and on, but have been out of practice, hence this thread when I joined - a new population of people I didn't know, to practise on. Asking people IRL in my immediate environment would likely skew things a lot more. And asking for friends of board members wouldn't help my feedback loop as I'd have to rely on the poster's understanding of their friends. So this was the best fit I could think of to practise actually, admittedly not perfect.

True it could've affected, but it wouldn't have made sense to assume things I could not read from the samples - would defeat the whole purpose of the thread. Right now, from the feedback I'm getting, it seems about 80% accurate, which is good enough for me. Probably if I'd dug out the threads to read I could've gotten 99.99%?

Splittet's was in Norwegian - it is the script I'm after vs the content? In terms of help/hinder, I only know how to do it based on the english alphabet - for e.g. if you give me arabic / mandarin / japanese, I will not be able to.

I'm not sure how I got to be senior member, only joined this November. Think it is because I've been having verbal diarrhoea all over the board and racked up a lot of posts vs know the people here, to be honest.
    Last edited by white; 11-30-2007 at 12:03 PM. Reason: my posts keep getting cut?!! meh.

MBTI
    ENTP

If you have only been here for a month or less you probably didn't get a great amount of influence from posts you have read. In that case, I can't think of a better target group either.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nightning
    Quote Originally Posted by aelan
    Yea, in this forum for e.g. I find I have to re-read most things an NF writes. Not so much as it is illogical, rather, it follows a different pattern of thought which is fascinating to me. Not sure if I'm right, but I think an NF thoughts actually takes on shapes and colours, smells and personalities, and is not in standard fonts, is it?
    I didn't realize we give you NTs so much trouble. I envy the conciseness in NT posts though. Must be nice to be able to get out exactly what you meant. I'm not sure if other NFs have shapes, colors etc coloring their feelings. (colours? You're not american are you? Sorry random stray thought.) For me it's more like a linking of something to other things. Scrap that... nevermind I see what you mean. No... as nice as the text editer is... last time I check, it doesn't come with emotional descriptors yet. :p
    I find myself doing the same a lot, and feel I actually do get out exactly what I mean. Probably needs another NF to completely pick up on it, but if I put an effort into also making the actual text itself explain as concisely as possible and only sprinkle gently with the colours and four dimensional shapes, I rarely get misunderstood.

The exception might be hardcore logical discussions at INTPc, where the conciseness requirements are very high, the audience is predominantly non-NF and where prodigal verbiage is abundant. (I understand it, but can't compete. I would have been able to in Norwegian, but even then I'd have to focus a lot on keeping it concise and to the point.)

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    I find myself doing the same a lot, and feel I actually do get out exactly what I mean. Probably needs another NF to completely pick up on it, but if I put an effort into also making the actual text itself explain as concisely as possible and only sprinkle gently with the colours and four dimensional shapes, I rarely get misunderstood.

The exception might be hardcore logical discussions at INTPc, where the conciseness requirements are very high, the audience is predominantly non-NF and where prodigal verbiage is abundant. (I understand it, but can't compete. I would have been able to in Norwegian, but even then I'd have to focus a lot on keeping it concise and to the point.)
    There's a carebear! Heart? Sunshine? Why not 5 dimensions?

NFs. don't stop. It kind of opens up new vistas to NTs and it is good we're forced to slow down.

Right now my thoughts when I'm here morph from logical words to balloon shapes and little animals in rainbow colours, so it is like a happy carnival inside. I used to (probably still am) guilty of prodigal verbiage *ooh nice one*, but am learning to "simplify, simplify". Writing poetry helps that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    NFs. don't stop.
    Rest assured, that sentiment is reciprocated.
    Right now my thoughts when I'm here morph from logical words to balloon shapes and little animals in rainbow colours, so it is like a happy carnival inside. I used to (probably still am) guilty of prodigal verbiage *ooh nice one*, but am learning to "simplify, simplify". Writing poetry helps that.
    Alas, I melancholically contemplate the glorious, extensive vocabularies that were depreciated by the plebeians' apathy towards linguistic integrity.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Alas, I melancholically contemplate the glorious, extensive vocabularies that were depreciated by the plebeians' apathy towards linguistic integrity.
    I could never get a verbal toehold (Yes! I've used that!) with that verbiage. I've surrendered most of my vocabulary to the lowest common denominator. They were standing outside the gate.

-------------
    Athenian:

"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad." - H.W. Longfellow

A person who's extremely guarded with your emotions, you build walls which few have crossed, and consciously let in even fewer. Even then, you keep your inner spaces limited to very few. Probably you have more people who feel close to you, than you feel close to them?

Under stress, you draw in on yourself vs express outwards.

This does not mean you're anti-social and cold, but rather, trust does not come easily. To those who seek to understand you, whom you allow in, you're warm, and take a systematic approach to help them (Not to doubt you, but I'm wondering is this really your writing, this seems rather T vs F?), thinking through their issues a fair bit in your head, vs use emotional responses.

Perhaps this is a function of you not allowing yourself to care vs you do not care though(?). And also the question of whom do you allow to care for you. I'm not sure how to express this clearer, hope you get what I meant.

Not one for excessive displays of materialism, nor flights of fancy into abstraction. Few secrets to hide. The times you display emotions, probably the intensity of it throws those who do not know you well off-guard.

Order is important to you, you'd not take much risk with your life. Prefer to think the possibilities through before deciding. You do not communicate the rationale for these choices well to others though.

Trying to get things where you think they should belong, causes you stress. You put a lot of pressure on yourself to achieve your ideals.

In setting goals, you want them defined. Change would stress you.

Not confrontational by nature. You'd express your point, but communication sometimes fails you as you're not able to translate your thoughts and feelings clearly for an outer world. You'd stick to your points quite firmly though, perhaps some call you stubborn?

To those you love, you carry them in your heart. They know they can depend on you to be there, and to not indulge them should they go off-track, but firmly and kindly, point them along the right way.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    "Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad." - H.W. Longfellow

A person who's extremely guarded with your emotions, you build walls which few have crossed, and consciously let in even fewer. Even then, you keep your inner spaces limited to very few. Probably you have more people who feel close to you, than you feel close to them?

Under stress, you draw in on yourself vs express outwards.
    Hmm... I would say so. I have about three people total whom I would call friends, and I don't hear from them all that often. The rest I call acquaintances.
    This does not mean you're anti-social and cold, but rather, trust does not come easily. To those who seek to understand you, whom you allow in, you're warm, and take a systematic approach to help them (Not to doubt you, but I'm wondering is this really your writing, this seems rather T vs F?), thinking through their issues a fair bit in your head, vs use emotional responses.
    Why would you assume that if I think about something carefully, I'm not considering the emotional aspects of it? It is my writing, but I wrote it a while ago... it may have changed since. Do I seem very different in this writing than in that I use on the forum?

Perhaps this is a function of you not allowing yourself to care vs you do not care though(?). And also the question of whom do you allow to care for you. I'm not sure how to express this clearer, hope you get what I meant.
    Well, it just doesn't seem like a good idea to care about everyone. I mean, how is it really special if you let everyone in? Also, I don't really understand... "allowed to care for me?" If someone pays me a compliment, I'm not bothered by it, and very much appreciate that I matter to them enough for them to say that about me.
    Not one for excessive displays of materialism, nor flights of fancy into abstraction. Few secrets to hide. The times you display emotions, probably the intensity of it throws those who do not know you well off-guard.
    That doesn't mean I'm an S, does it? I have actually been told that I seem to be intense about everything. Does that make sense?
    Order is important to you, you'd not take much risk with your life. Prefer to think the possibilities through before deciding. You do not communicate the rationale for these choices well to others though.
    The first two seem right, but I don't agree that I can't communicate the reasons for my choices. I've been told I'm fairly good at communication and have good verbal skills.
    Trying to get things where you think they should belong, causes you stress. You put a lot of pressure on yourself to achieve your ideals.

In setting goals, you want them defined. Change would stress you.
    Seems plausible.
    Not confrontational by nature. You'd express your point, but communication sometimes fails you as you're not able to translate your thoughts and feelings clearly for an outer world. You'd stick to your points quite firmly though, perhaps some call you stubborn?
    Sometimes... but most of the time I can express my points clearly. I've studied language carefully and can communicate well enough, but it seems like there's a certain amount of variance in interpretation of things that plagues me, and concepts too fine and too variant/conditional to be expressed properly, some of them even too complex for me to consciously comprehend my own understanding of them. It would require me to introduce and elaborate upon several ideas I've already worked through in order to explain how I come up with these things. Most people just don't have the patience, or even the interest in listening to such, and I've accepted that.

I don't feel that I have a choice but to stick to them. I literally can't just accept something because someone else says it. I have to have it explained in such a way that I see it as well, and then I can agree with them. It's not that I'm argumentative, it's just that I'm perceived that way because I can't just immediately accept whatever I'm told without examining and understanding it.

To those you love, you carry them in your heart. They know they can depend on you to be there, and to not indulge them should they go off-track, but firmly and kindly, point them along the right way.
    Oh, yes. I feel that they are always there for me, and their caring words stay with me long after the breath that created them has passed. The only saddening thing is that occasionally they lose their essence and impact over time, and I wish so much that the exact quality of what made it important and special to me could be recaptured and shared with someone else who needs it. I spend so much time trying to do just that.

Yes, I do tell people who are close to me what I think of their actions, if I think it could lead to something bad for them. To me, if you really care about someone, you care about what's good for their long-term emotional well-being, and not just making them like you or validating their actions to immediately make them feel better (And although I would give my opinion/perspective, I would still allow them to make whatever choice seemed right to them, even if I disagreed with it, because I feel no one has the right to force a particular decision upon another). However, I have been known to give various kindnesses out to people who need and whom I feel deserve them. I will validate a person and try to make them feel better/more trusting of me if I feel that I can do so without doing more harm than good. And even though I am ashamed to admit it, I also give much affirmation and praise to those whom I fear will have power to create trouble for me if they suspect that I dislike them. But it's not from the heart, of course.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oh no, I wasn't giving my samples because of being keen to be analyzed - I've been analyzed loads anyway - to death, one might say!
    So here goes an attempt at a different sort of deconstructing you. I think you'll understand the message behind each of the lines. Or at least, have fun intepreting them

---------

Dorian Gray,
    I saw your painting, once.
    In a mirror.

Your wit and ease opens doors.
    With a fool's ease you dance through lives
    Morphing the spaces you're in.

But some part stays on the outside always
    always, looking in.

Some pain
    Of your own volition you've sought,
    Searching blind
    for the forgiveness you give.

Is openness merely,
    The inability of the heart
    to find salvation?

You desired beauty,
    Found it naught, in shining halls and painted faces.

In the dark taverns of the soul
    You paid the blood-price to glimpse eternity.
    But still,
    doubt casts shadows.

I know not what hells you have seen
    nor what heavens you cry for.
    In the night. Alone,
    do you scream for the dawn?

Chiaroscuro,
    Merely marking time
    In a mimicry of love.

Your light shines cold,
    equal parts in darkness.
    you would sacrifice the world
    to find
    the one thing to burn for.

What price, faith.
    What cost, truth?

The mirror, it breaks.

Some stains always remain.
    Last edited by white; 12-02-2007 at 09:00 AM.