Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you start your work?

Charting a course Array

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post

...I have mighty Peeee!
    Does it cure the sick? Fix droughts?

Always B.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

6w5 sp/sx

When I was in high school I did A. Actually, most of the time I got all my work done before I even went home. I was in dance classes 183723984674 hours a week though, so I kinda had to.

Now, in college, I am pretty hard-core C, or I do them the day/night before if I have to. If it's not completely mandatory, I don't do it at all. I do the bare minimum it takes to get an A or B, if that makes any sense at all. I have massive senioritis. Actually, I had junioritis too... I've basically been done with formal education for awhile.

Getting things done well ahead of time is probably better. If you run into any snags or problems you have time to fix them. And generally, the more time you spend on something, the better it will be. Plus, sometimes it's hard to tell how long something will take. But that doesn't seem to motivate me to start any earlier. haha

Although, I must say, I come up with the best ideas when I'm under pressure. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I have mighty Peeee!

Junior Member Array NuttyMeg011's Avatar

Depends on the deadline.

If assigned today due tomorrow:
    C, except for the "waking up early and doing it" part. I usually don't go to sleep until around 3-4 A.M. anyhow, so I'll procrastinate all day and night, then start it around 2.

If assigned today due in <1 month:
    Same method, spread out over weeks. I'll usually begin within 3 days of the deadline.

If assigned today due at some undisclosed date in the near or distant future:
    I won't do it unless I'm thoroughly interested and/or a date is then specified.

If the degree of interest in the topic exceeds disdain for the necessary structure of the assignment, I will not only begin right away, but become compelled to further reading and, (depending on the flexibility of the boss and/or professor,) given amended or extra assignments regarding this topic (hopefully and sometimes in lieu of other, less interesting ones).

When interest is the sole motivation for learning something, I have no problems at all with starting; finishing then becomes the problem, if ever I do actually finish...