20 68.97%
  • Extravert - Lots of light

4 13.79%
  • Extravert - Low light

3 10.34%
123 Last

Thread: Lights

Default Lights

When socializing, with any number people, do you want to have the lights on and have it be bright in the room, or to have the lights off, and to have just a faint glow from a light source that's not very bright?

If it was up to me, I'd turn off the televsion and turn on all the lights.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, turn off the television, I almost never have the TV on when guests are here - or at all, really, except an hour some evenings watching cartoons with the kids.

But always low light, once the sun's gone down. I'm quite sorta vampirish in that way really, I can't stand to have the main ceiling light on, and usually have just a string of Christmas tree lights that I've wrapped around an old wooden broom handle and suspended from the ceiling, to light the room. I have a couple of sconces in the wall with candles on, which I also sometimes light to read by.

In general though, if indoors, in the daytime I like bright sunlight - natural light only. I love bright natural light. But I don't like bright artificial light or any artificial light really at all. Candlelight, or something that's similar to it.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    yupp

I tend to keep the tv off when people come over unless to watch a movie. I also don't like it when people listen to their ipods and talk to you. I know you can hear me but still takes the damn ear buds out it's rude. Now I understand if it's a one word response then we both go different ways. I know I'm selfish, for expecting people to not keep head phones in when having a conversation. Hell I take mine out when ever I'm making a purchase even though I can hear every word just fine. I don't know sorry I went on a rant.

Lights I like them low, but I can have them either way. I prefer to have them off during the day and depend on natural light.

I agree that natural light is way better. And I don't mind being in the dark sometimes, but in general, I prefer to have light. I like to be awake and alert. In the dark, it's a different mood, which is great sometimes, but it's not my favorite.

Watching TV with other people is a sure way to kill the fun in the room.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It really depends on my mood and energy level. The more tired I am, the more harsh bright lights feel. Same with sounds. The more tired (or stressed) I am the less tolerant I am of loud. I can't see any reason to have the TV on while socializing unless the show or movie is the primary purpose of the get-together. Otherwise it's just white noise at best or a distraction at worst.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I prefer light when meeting strangers, or for trivial conversation, so I can read faces.

I prefer dark when having a serious conversation with someone because it makes it easier to be open about things. Dark is also good for initiating "deep" conversations with friends, or for relaxing with drinks.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I prefer light when meeting strangers, or for trivial conversation, so I can read faces.

I prefer dark when having a serious conversation with someone because it makes it easier to be open about things. Dark is also good for initiating "deep" conversations with friends, or for relaxing with drinks.
    Sounds about right for me. Low light gives me a more "serious" feeling so I find deep conversations flow better under those circumstances.

MBTI
    infp

I don't like lightbulbs much, I prefer naturally sunlight coming throuhg a window. Having lots of light isn't good, but its not the end of the world or anything.

MBTI
    isxp

I answered low light, but it usually doesn't matter to me. I've noticed that I have more deep, intimate conversations at night though. Also, there's something about photo lab darkrooms that bring out the extrovert part in some of the most introverted people I've met. Oh, and sometimes it feels like I'm talking to strangers in the dark when I'm on here.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Eh, doesn't really matter for me. But I know that when it's dark, that's when me and my friends come up with our craziest ideas!
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D