• Introvert - Low light

20 68.97%
  • Extravert - Lots of light

4 13.79%
  • Extravert - Low light

3 10.34%
First 123 Last

Thread: Lights

I see a lot of people talking about how being in the dark is better for deep conversations, and I agree, and I certainly do love being in the dark and having those kinds of conversations. However, I guess what I crave a little more is the excitement of being in the light, being able to see everything and everyone, standing up, and have a fast paced discussion.

I was just curius if there was any correlation between that and personality type.

So far, there are way more introvert voters, but it seems like the introverts definitely prefer the dark, while the extraverts prefer the light, slightly. Although there's not enough votes from extraverts to draw any sort of half assed conclusion.

MBTI
    OMNi

Blinds closed, lights off, as dark as I can get it. I have nothing against light, I just like the dark better. With people it feels more intimate and alone it feels far less distracting. I'm probably on the verge of developing osteomalacia.

By the way, your avatar Lucrative.

MBTI
    INFP

I picked introvert - low light.

I really enjoy natural sun light, but in regards to artificial light, not so much. But on the otherhand, I do like candles. Candles don't exhibit much light, but they create an ambient setting that I find very comforting. At home, during the evening, I usually have all my lights off except if I need to cook something or use the washroom at all. My computer monitor suits me just fine for the most part.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Somehow secrets are so much easier to tell when it's dark.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    in general, I prefer to have light. I like to be awake and alert. In the dark, it's a different mood, which is great sometimes, but it's not my favorite.
    Yeah that's funny, cos for me, that different mood when it's dark is one of higher energy. I tend to feel artificial light makes me feel a bit 'bleh', sorta lethargic and uncomfortable, somehow it sorta inhibits me. Turn the lights down or replace them with candlelight or candlelight-esque light (really xmas tree lights are the best), and I come alive. But no more so than I do in the sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    But I know that when it's dark, that's when me and my friends come up with our craziest ideas!
    Exactly
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    GONE

I think something is wrong with my eyes. I have always liked A LOT of light, noticeably more than my family and many friends. Maybe it's a CA thing? My roommate from LA also liked about the same amount of light as me in common spaces. Except if I had my way, I would have more.

Right now, I have 5 lights in my room and is normally 6 and that's still not enough light for me.

During the day, I HAVE to open the windows and let light in.

I bought a SAD combatting simulated sun lamp but it aggravated my skin. I try to buy 'pure white', 'full spectrum', etc. kind of light bulbs.

My brother is vampiric (maybe it's an INXP thing? hahaha) he can sit for hours with just 1 small desk lamp in the dark. I tell my parents he's a bat. Whenever I am over at his place I get very very sleepy and when I come back home I'm instantly awake. I realized that lights really do make a BIG DIFFERENCE in your sleep/wake cycles.

Walking into my room is like BAM! You are now awake.

This also explains why I can fuel my midnite rampages (like now) so well.

When I socialize with friends it is generally in the form of going out (not friends houses) and I don't have a preference for lighting. I'm usually too caught up in socializing to even consciously notice.

On the flip, I really enjoy and partake in a lot of 'blind socializing' at night with only dim, crazy and/or unnatural lights for illumination (i.e. clubs, bars, on the street, hahaaha etc.)

Lower lights + Big groups = Less inhibition and sillier times.

Have you ever heard someone say "We'd go out and raise hell"? --> Most likely done in very low-lit conditions.

How about when you go out to eat? It seems like every restaurant is extremely dim! Why do you think they do that? The light hanging above your booth is only about 20% lit. It makes me sleepy.

I want a bright light above my table and I don't want to have to see shadows on my plate. I don't complain about it or let it disappoint me. I don't just sit around thinking I could change the amount of light in the room. I hadn't really thought about it much until I made this thread.

I like mazes too. Some day, I want to build a maze in front of my house that leads people to my front door. However, it will be extremely difficult to navigate unless I've taught you the way. The passages will be very narrow and it will be pitch black in there, except for maybe some glow in the dark markers.

Has anybody here made a maze before? One that you can't just duck under, climb over, or crawl through if you get stuck? That's my kind of maze.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    By the way, your avatar Lucrative.
    Thank you! I really do feel like a mad scientist most of the time.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    How about when you go out to eat? It seems like every restaurant is extremely dim! Why do you think they do that? The light hanging above your booth is only about 20% lit. It makes me sleepy.
    No, I don't like that either. I like warm, but bright-ish light in restaurants.

I like mazes too. Some day, I want to build a maze in front of my house that leads people to my front door. However, it will be extremely difficult to navigate unless I've taught you the way. The passages will be very narrow and it will be pitch black in there, except for maybe some glow in the dark markers.
    *basks in the unadulterated ENTP-ness of this paragraph*

I've never made a maze, but I've been through the ones at Hampton Court, Wragby and a hedge maze in our local arboretum here. They all totally rock
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    *basks in the unadulterated ENTP-ness of this paragraph*

I've never made a maze, but I've been through the ones at Hampton Court, Wragby and a hedge maze in our local arboretum here. They all totally rock
    LMAO!

I would love to go in a maze like that, but I promise you that if I was rich, I would build the best maze in the entire world. And if I was rich, I would do something like that every single day. And I do plan on being rich, so I can't wait!

Edit: I'm not waiting.