User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Being outside at any time of year... in winter, it's the glitter of newly fallen snow under the moonlight... in spring, it's the feel of the first flowers and leaves and, afterwards, all of those colors and scents... in summer, it's the sensation I get from wading into coolish water on a hot day... in autumn, it's the brilliantly colored leaves and the taste and texture of an apple that I've picked off of the tree...
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    fool

Peace, when I feel connected in some way, be it a walk in the nature, petting my dog, a song, conversing with someone and feeling close or something else. Connecting makes me feel peaceful and serene, I love those moments!

Thumbs down Oh!

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    YOU. You are my biggest joy.

Yes you!
    Me? You mean me, lil' ol' me?

I jus' sitin' at my keyboard doin' nuthin' an' you burst in upon me and tell me I am your biggest joy.

I don't know what to say. I'm caught off guard. I'm bewitched, bothered and bewildered.

Are you sure it's me, perhaps it is someone else. Perhaps you have mistaken me for someone else. I mean it is easy to do. I mean one person is much like another.

Perhaps I am only a frisson of joy. One that comes easily and goes early. Perhaps you have mistaken me for a frisson.

I mean people often do. I get sly smiles in the street as people enjoy their morning frisson. Would you like toast with your frisson, sir?

Sometimes a heavy truck trundles by loaded down with joy. Sometimes I feel sorry for them and offer to take a little off their hands, or sometimes I slyly ask for a sample. But move along, sir, they say, content yourself with your morning frisson.

Sometimes I just don't feel appreciated in the morning, until I read your post and discovered I am your biggest joy.

Oh!

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Me? You mean me, lil' ol' me?

I jus' sitin' at my keyboard doin' nuthin' an' you burst in upon me and tell me I am your biggest joy.

I don't know what to say. I'm caught off guard. I'm bewitched, bothered and bewildered.

Are you sure it's me, perhaps it is someone else. Perhaps you have mistaken me for someone else. I mean it is easy to do. I mean one person is much like another.

Perhaps I am only a frisson of joy. One that comes easily and goes early. Perhaps you have mistaken me for a frisson.

I mean people often do. I get sly smiles in the street as people enjoy their morning frisson. Would you like toast with your frisson, sir?

Sometimes a heavy truck trundles by loaded down with joy. Sometimes I feel sorry for them and offer to take a little off their hands, or sometimes I slyly ask for a sample. But move along, sir, they say, content yourself with your morning frisson.

Sometimes I just don't feel appreciated in the morning, until I read your post and discovered I am your biggest joy.

Oh!
    Victor, your posts are such a joy to read at times, I admit.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Share something that is exceptionally satisfying to you, not just mere happiness but...beyond...however you choose to define it...

It doesn't matter whether you've experienced it already or dreaming about experiencing it in the future.
    Some works of Paul Gauguin.
    Bach.
    Piano works of Beethoven.
    Puccini.
    Shakespeare.
    Jewish writers. Malamud and Roth.
    Landscape literature (D.H. Lawrence).
    Gerald and Larry.
    Twelve Chairs.
    Monsieur Hulot.
    Lady Killers.
    Il Gattopardo.

Art is a bridge.
    Happiness is a vacation.
    The other brim.
    It is never your thing.

Thumbs down Delicious Words

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Some works of Paul Gauguin.
    Bach.
    Piano works of Beethoven.
    Puccini.
    Shakespeare.
    Jewish writers. Malamud and Roth.
    Landscape literature (D.H. Lawrence).
    Gerald and Larry.
    Twelve Chairs.
    Monsieur Hulot.
    Lady Killers.
    Il Gattopardo.

Art is a bridge.
    Happiness is a vacation.
    The other brim.
    It is never your thing.
    Ah, "Il Gattopardo", "The Leopard", by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa.

The perfect title for the perfect book - the Leopard, the Prince of Salina, haunts my waking hours. I take on the cares and pleasures of the Prince. I marvel at his equanimity and balance as the world changes around him yet remains the same as it always has on the island of Sicily.

I have two pockets in my coat and so only room for two books. And before I leave home I slide, "The Leopard", into one pocket, and into the other I slide, "The Wind in the Willows". So I am perfectly balanced with a masterpiece in each pocket.

They are both the same book, even though the Water Rat and the Leopard would be surprised to find themselves together in my coat. Both are noble in their own quiet way - for both preside over unchanging nature that keeps on changing to remain the same.

You might say they preside as natural presidents, the presiding priests of Pan. Pan blesses both of them with his wisdom. And blesses me every day by weighing down my coat with the most delicious words.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

cooking- the tastes, smells and textures

the quiet of art museums

a nice cup of tea and fire in the fireplace on a cold, rainy evening

curling up with my guy on the couch and watching something super nerdy after being out all day

hiking somewhere quiet, where I won't run into other people

people watching with my sis at an ethnic sidewalk cafe
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett