First 234

Thread: Regret

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I don't know, I don't allow myself to wallow in it so i just shove it away when it pops us.
    Maybe successful for short term, but don't you think its better to try to be rid of it once and for all, so that it doesn't keep popping up, however intermittently. Perhaps it doesn't worry you particularly, but if you get enough things that you are repeatedly sweeping under the carpet, i would imagine that would begin to take a toll on you emotionally.

Thats only my opinion however, and of course if the process works for you, then I say do it, enjoy it! I just think its good to know your alternatives.
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I regret some things. The major thing, I guess, is keeping my mouth shut. I don't get crushes very often...we're talking maybe once every 3-4 years. Every single time, I did the same exact thing: I clammed up, and even went out of my way to avoid the guy. So, I'm promising myself, that the next time it happens, I'll at least try. I'm not expecting too much from myself...but I at least want to handle it better than I have in the past. I'll try to talk at least a little bit, make myself known...the whole trying to wipe myself from existence thing obviously hasn't worked very well.

God, I sound like such a 12-year-old.

Overall, though, I don't let regrets get to me too much. There are some things I used to regret, but now, in the grand scheme of things...they don't even matter. I don't know, I think it's this happiness/optimism thing I've had going on the past few months. I'm pretty satisfied with life as a whole so I'm okay with the past too. I wouldn't be here without it.

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Overall, though, I don't let regrets get to me too much. There are some things I used to regret, but now, in the grand scheme of things...they don't even matter. I don't know, I think it's this happiness/optimism thing I've had going on the past few months. I'm pretty satisfied with life as a whole so I'm okay with the past too. I wouldn't be here without it.
    Very true Lacey, at any given point we are the culmination of Choice, regret and control that i think we all seek to tell ourselves we ultimately we have none of. Life should be a satisfying experience, and when it isn't, we simply have to think of better times. I think so long as there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, then we should be able to survive all of lifes great plummets. Save the last one. :P

I guess what i have realised now, and its quite humourus, but after reading so many peoples regrets, and talking it over with you all, that gravity is something we take for granted, physically and emotionally, because in all our heads, we seem to be falling on some grand slide of life. Anyway, to the funny bit, a quote keeps popping up in my head, and i laugh every time "Its not the fall that kills you, but the instant deceleration"

At least in the realms of emotion, they laws of physics only apply if we make it so, but in our heads, we can always make a parachute appear in time before the painful deceleration. Lifes not over till you are dead. And i plan on living every day of my life BAHA. I have no idea what i am talking about now.
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1