User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Default Do you read every post in a thread, or just respond to the OP?

I'm interested to learn about everyone's posting habits - mostly, I read (or at least skim) all of the responses in a thread. (I skim if there are already 60+ replies for example, to at least get the gist of the back & forth.)

Does that change depending on the topic? Do you subscribe to every thread you have replied in? Do you go back to threads after a period of time? Or do you land like a butterfly in many threads, add a thought and move on?

Just curious; I think I only cover a very limited ground in the forum at best - I started using the Live New Posts button only recently to see where the action is going on.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

It depends how long the thread is. More than a couple of pages and I just pick out bits that strike me as interesting on go with them.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It depends how long the thread is. More than a couple of pages and I just pick out bits that strike me as interesting on go with them.
    That, verbatim what I was going to type.

I skim fast, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Does that change depending on the topic?
    If it's something I feel strongly about or know something about.

Do you subscribe to every thread you have replied in?
    I do not use the subscription service.

Do you go back to threads after a period of time?
    Occasionally.

Or do you land like a butterfly in many threads, add a thought and move on?
    It depends on the thread and its interest level to me.

Just curious; I think I only cover a very limited ground in the forum at best - I started using the Live New Posts button only recently to see where the action is going on.
    I don't use anything but the New Posts feature, plus any posts that members report.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^^ That mostly

Sometimes I make a point to not go back to certain threads if they don't seem constructive or something. I'm not good at checking back regularly and responding to posts consistently.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I'm interested to learn about everyone's posting habits - mostly, I read (or at least skim) all of the responses in a thread. (I skim if there are already 60+ replies for example, to at least get the gist of the back & forth.)
    If there is a lot I skim. I stop and read the posts that interest me.

Does that change depending on the topic?
    Yes, sometimes I'll respond just to the OP or a post in the thread. Depends.

Do you subscribe to every thread you have replied in?
    No, I just subscribe to blogs and the threads I started. Too many threads in the user cp annoys me.

Do you go back to threads after a period of time?
    I often do.

Or do you land like a butterfly in many threads, add a thought and move on?
    Sometimes.

I usually use the subscribed threads first, then new posts, then live if I feel like it.

Phantonym

I usually read all the responses in a thread and go through most of the threads that have new posts. If it's a very popular thread that has grown by dozens of posts over night, I might start skimming. But if it has a very interesting topic and responses, then I'll read them all, regardless of how big the thread is.

Sometimes I only read the OP and then post my response without reading other posts because it's on a topic I don't really want the other responses to influence me. After posting my thoughts and opinion, I will read through the other responses as well.

I only subscribe to threads that have a topic that interests me and that I find useful so that I can refer back to it in the future. It's good to know that I have all of these in one place.

I don't use the Live New Posts option, I just click on New Posts whenever I feel like and pick whatever thread interests me there at that particular time. If I have time, I might go through all of them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Usually read the short posts, or posts with a lot

of

these

breaks

so

reading

them

seems

doable

if you pack like 10 paragraphs together no one without an attention span of steel is going to want to read it.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Does that change depending on the topic? Do you subscribe to every thread you have replied in? Do you go back to threads after a period of time? Or do you land like a butterfly in many threads, add a thought and move on?

Depends on the subject. Sometimes it doesn't overly interest me but if the topic is still about subjective views, which most are, I sometimes respond to the op's post not taking in regard the rest of the thread, because I'm just giving my own opinion. Wether someone has already given it or not is irrelevant, it'll be my opinion and the OP may use it as he/she wishes.

When I skim topics, I'm looking for some post I might want to respond too, if it wasn't posted too long ago.

Topics that interest me or I can relate to I read through thoroughly.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

My attention span is a little.. well, -

Well anyway, lets just say we're lucky if I make it through the OP. Sometimes I quote it so I can refer back to it as I type. Like, "wait, need more information" then skim to parts where I need to read further. So, as follows, generally I don't read them. Sometimes I respond first, then read them, and then do a billion edits or delete my post all together. Sometimes I skim through and find a post that looks interesting, and then read the quoted post that was in response to, jump to that, then jump to the one that that was in response to and so forth. Its a very assbackwards way of looking at things but my poor brain can't help it.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    My attention span is a little.. well, -

Well anyway, lets just say we're lucky if I make it through the OP. Sometimes I quote it so I can refer back to it as I type. Like, "wait, need more information" then skim to parts where I need to read further. So, as follows, generally I don't read them. Sometimes I respond first, then read them, and then do a billion edits or delete my post all together. Sometimes I skim through and find a post that looks interesting, and then read the quoted post that was in response to, jump to that, then jump to the one that that was in response to and so forth. Its a very assbackwards way of looking at things but my poor brain can't help it.
    Sometimes in a long thread I use multi quote and then delete the quotes. Even short threads I'll sometimes do that.