User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default How does TypeC matter to you?

I really didn't know what to entitle this thread.

I have noticed that quite a few people see their online interactions as a form of entertainment and a way to pass time/exchange thoughts/debate with personas who really do not impact them. Others find that their interactions here deeply impact how they feel in real life and are more meaningful to them.

So I'm curious:

1. What brought you here initially?
    2. Do you come here now for the same reasons, or have they changed?
    3. What is the payoff you get for spending time here?
    4. Do you interact differently on the forums than you do with people in real life?
    5. Do any of your interactions here extend into real life?

Phantonym

Honestly? I had a crush on a guy who was interested in Socionics, I started digging, found out about MBTI, liked it, took some tests and, consequently, ended up here.

I got hooked on typology. It's all about me now. Me and the world.

Haha. I'm spending way, waaaaay too much time here. More than I actually should. But I'm having fun. I get to do the thing I love the most, observe people and pick their brain while staying distant from them. I can benefit from other people's experiences, learn about different opinions and views, reflect on different ideas, get new ideas that lead me to other places. This place is like a nice condensed version of the world.

4. Do you interact differently on the forums than you do with people in real life?

Yes and no. I feel more like me on the forums, more relaxed and at ease, as if I'm with my friends or family. I can start talking with a person I've never talked to before and find a common ground quite easily and more quickly. It's more difficult in real life, many other factors come into play and I don't feel that much at ease initially. It takes more time to get to that level in real life.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Found out about Typology and wanted to know more about my type, and initially, to discuss the validity of all this craze over MBTI. Then, I really started liking the discussions going on here.

It's still the same core reason, with a few additions. The core reason being an open place to discuss a myriad of topics to my heart's content. The additions are due to some people I've met through this forum, with whom my interaction has extended beyond just the forum topics. Sharing a lot more personal aspects of ourselves, and all that good stuff.

An outlet for my procrastination (not a good payoff), learning new things, getting a lot of viewpoints on a particular topic, which is hard to do IRL, because there's no frequent gathering of such masses to discuss topics, in my real life.

In a way, yes, as I'm more 'argumentative' here than IRL because real life is....real. Not contrived. There's no 'stop the fluff' rule. Conversations flow, we talk of inconsequential things. The adherence to 'staying on topic' here, and if the topic piques my interest, makes it naturally a place for my debating side to come out more than my conversationalist side.
    Also, writing forces one to be more aware of what is being portrayed, versus, real time conversation, so my words IRL are more impromtu than here. There's definitely a difference in flow.
    And, let's not forget the 'edit' button, and quoting function. It allows my debates to be more precise here than IRL where I often wish I tape-recorded exactly what the other said when I respond to their points. Or rephrased to be more precise. I can also fact-check some things before I present them, including giving linked 'evidence' for my points, which, irl, is always, "Just trust me, X is a fact." "I don't believe you" "But, it's true...gah, I'll show you later that I'm right." Here, instant clarification. Perks of the net.

Otherwise, the persona I present here is the same me in real life, just perhaps more softer, irl, as a consequence of the above points. It's too tiring to put up an act, and I'd get bored of it soon enough, so never thought to do so.

Sadly, not yet, but there are a few that I hope to meet in real life, sometime.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

google/typo interest.

yes, forum addiction also.

burns time, makes me forget about the Tiger Woods scandal and other important current news items (UNTIL THAT ONE THREAD).

you put on around 10 facades a day they say. Who are they?

no, internet people aren't real

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post

I actually joined INTPc first, following a link on the top of the page. I found INTPc from reading the profile and a google search. This place seemed more active and generally more interesting. I thought it would be a place where I could share ideas with those of similar minds and curiosities, and secondarily learn more about the typing system.

Still for the sharing of the ideas and the interaction, but I find myself indulging in far different topics than I thought I would have been originally. I find myself far more "goofy" here than I would have liked to indicate previously.

I get satisfaction from interacting with the various ideas and people present at the site.

No, not really. If anything I surprised myself at how easily my "self" came out, I intended on keeping everything really close to the vest. That evaporated rather quickly.

I've been to some meetups, and they've all been great experiences. I'm not sure how I come off to those who have met me though. However I haven't been slapped yet, which is a plus.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp

Trying to understand how to save my previous relationship and possibly understand others better - and ended up realizing for the first time - reading it in writing - what MY weaknesses and strengths are as a type. I find it WAY better than studies or articles because these are REAL people posting about what they feel and do - not some stuffy biased psychologist.

Somewhat - I still want to understand others. And I love those "HEY I THINK THAT TOO" moments. Shiny.

I get to be normal and hang with the other ENFP's instead of being freak-girl IRL.

No - I treat people here just as I would face to face.

Nope. This is my little hiding place.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

A friend of mine threw me a link to a Jungs Personality test while I was at work. So I took it and found it interesting. So I googled more info an blah blah blah. I'd hear that my friend had been part of forums to help him out, so I figured I'd look for a forum to learn about all this in depth. So i googled and this was the first forum I came across.

I come here because I enjoy being here. Its fun for me to interact with the people

I'm not AS lonely But being here has opened up a key of understanding of other people more than I originally knew. This place also shows me that I don't have to take every insult and let it offend me. I've learned to blow it off because its really not that important.

I do a bit. But thats only because I feel true to myself here and not in my own home life. If I acted out how I wanted to, how I feel I am, its looked down upon in my home. Though I've began showing myself at home...and I can't say its been successful :/

No. Some point in the future I'd love to go to a meet up, but at this point its not gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well I first tested as an INFP; and I googled around about INFPs and found INFPgc. I was reading around and found a link to here. Happy to be out of that hellhole, I left for here and never posted again.

They have greatly changed. At first I came here to learn; and now that I've learned I now share my knowledge and experiences. I also love the social aspect of this site.

Lots of people interaction, mental stimulation, flirting with people.

Mostly yes. The anonymity here is nice; I don't have to worry about getting judged. Also the atmosphere here is one of learning about people; so people tend to be totally open about how they function. I'm like this too.

I'm definitely meeting up with simulatedworld and his friend incubustribute when I get moved. A lot of my interactions here extend on instant messenger etc. I've made some very strong bonds with people here, for example I've known Costrin for about a year and I consider him a good friend. I've also known the member Bubbles for a while too, about 8 months. I hooked Costrin and Bubbles up (in fact she isn't around now because they are together! He flew there to see her for the second time), and we intend to meet up over the summer and go to Universal Studios in Florida. We pretty much regularly talk over voice chat and on the phone, text, etc.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was pretty obsessed with finding out my real type once and for all!

No, now I come here because it's painfully obvious that although I have friends IRL, I honestly don't know many Ns so I must connect to them on the Intertardz. That, and I like to argue about nothing.

I don't own a television. So the time that other people might spend watching TV, I instead entertain myself here or elsewhere on-line.

Hmmm...yes and no. Mostly no because I've hung out here so much that I see the other members as people and treat them accordingly.

I've met one person from here. I would meet some others, probably.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I OD'd on INFP globalchatter and was looking for a well-rounded all-types site focusing on personality types.

My reasons for coming here have changed in relation to my reason for wanting to grow and change, I suppose; however, I come here for generally the same reasons I come to any forum.

I get to learn a bit more about myself and interact with some very interesting and intelligent people whom I would not otherwise get to meet.

I interact on the Internet a bit differently. On the Internet, I am aware that everything we type is being recorded and can be accessed by anyone at any time. I think everyone needs to remember this. Otherwise, I tend to be a bit more experimental, as I will try out ideas just for the sake of trying them out. I am more bold with making initial contact online than in real life.

Not yet. I did meet someone in town here who is interested in personality types, but I do not think they are a forum member.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM