User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Rhu View Post
    Either as an answer, or in place of one, I'm just going to point out that this forum needs an :anxioustwitch: emoticon.
    <- to your avatar.......yet, it intrigues me so

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

1. What brought you here initially?
    Was curious about the site a few people like Uber were talking about on INTJf, wanted to see if it was as great and/or scary as others suggested. Stayed despite the lack of great or scary because of Ivy's charming ways.

2. Do you come here now for the same reasons, or have they changed?
    They've changed. I would elaborate but I really can't be stuffed. Mostly it's cause I like a whole bunch of people.

3. What is the payoff you get for spending time here?
    Some people/posts/threads have given me valuable insight into myself and others. I'm not the same person I was when I first came here, that's for sure.

4. Do you interact differently on the forums than you do with people in real life?
    Here I talk, and not just about other people, irl I rarely talk about myself.

5. Do any of your interactions here extend into real life?
    I've met one forum member but no one I know irl has joined, I don't think. If I travelled there are people I'd love to meet in the flesh. Look me up if you're ever in Adelaide ya'll

MBTI
    ENTP

i wanted to learn more about typology and figured people here would help me get a better understanding.

theyve changed. i come because im bored and use it as entertainment. there really isnt that much knowledge to be gained here. all you find is a lot of whining, questions with logical answers that people still seem to ask, and endless bickering

theres no real payoff. maybe contributing to the endless bickering is a payoff for me sometimes

4. Do you interact differently on the forums than you do with people in real life?
    no, im the same. no wonder i dont have any friends xD

no. although i did established a more legitimate foundation with someone here
    She talks pretty but says mean things

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

- Boredom. I had quit playing WoW, and needed to do something to keep myself busy when I had nothing to do.
    - Pretty much same. I also enjoy challenging thoughts, and the forum sometimes offer some good insights that keep me coming back.
    - Knowledge, satisfaction.
    - Yup. Anonimity is a great thing. I share myself here, and in real life that doesn't happen unless I really, really like you.
    - No, they do not.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    - Boredom. I had quit playing WoW, and needed to do something to keep myself busy when I had nothing to do.
    why did you quit?! i just started playing :P

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    why did you quit?! i just started playing :P
    I've played since retail launch. I grew tired of the game. This was the last time I logged in my characters:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/451...9183644dh8.jpg

:P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I've played since retail launch. I grew tired of the game. This was the last time I logged in my characters:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/451...9183644dh8.jpg

:P
    cooool

i have a protodrake too! im such a wow nerd now v_v although it does get old real quick..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    1. A combo of stuff, the main reason being that one of my INFP friends got me looking into MBTI stuff and I tested as ENFP. He had been a lurker at INFPforum (or whatever it was) and got me thinking about joining a forum. Also, my interaction with another website I was on was waning (and souring) so I had some online time available.

2. I hang around 'cause I like the people. My interaction was lowering until someone I know got me reinterested recently.

3. Yes. There are some really interesting people here with very different experiences than me. I enjoy hearing their stories and talking to them.
    I also did learn about other personalities that helped me in real life.

4. I am able to take time to think about what I will say because I'm typing. No one has ever been surprised about what I'm like in real life once they meet me offline though, so I would say no. Sometimes my responsibilities in real life get me down and I think that comes across less online than offline.

5. I haven't met anyone here in real life but I've made friends who I interact with on other levels (yahoo, email.) I'm not as into real life gatherings as I was a year or two ago but I consider online friends as much friends as offline friends. I've had online --> offline friends transitions since the late 80's.

I think the idea that "online people are just online" is a very, very strange thought.

I have always been interested in personality theory. Yes always, since I was a fetus. I wanted to learn more about other people and myself. I like to understand people and this seemed like a good place for that.

Yes and no. My reasons have not changed, but now I personally like a lot of the people here and I'm more invested... For better or for worse.

I get to learn about people. I get to act silly and serious whenever I feel either mood coming on. I get to talk with people of all different... everythings.

This is yes and no again. If you got to know me outside of this forum I'd act the same. However, I don't act this way if I don't know you. So the way I act here is really who I am, but I don't act like it until I know people better. This forum is like a fast forward button for my personality.

No.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

myself, i hit the google search button and typed in randomised words of course. nah, a lot more intricate than that. actually i was blissfully hogging the lime light at infpgc before it went down like yeah right and i was aware of other personality forums so like a moth to the the lights i followed, clear neon TYPOLOCY Central lights they be naturally. wait before there was intpcen where i registered and made only one post and then registered like an early adopter here almost and got distracted with my zombie life and then a few years later i wanted to be more than a stick figure and figured i should take the plunge rather than be an observational mascot which i wasn't but the flavour and time was some kind of lavander, well it was good and walla.

what reasons are those again? well i visit for the poeple, the stunning characters and intrigue and whatnot that i rarely participate fully in since my mind does a bit of a brain split and the hell i know where i am those times. see this is my true way of talking, lots. but by jingo it is like catnip or something. anyway the reasons i visit is so easy, the personalities, each of you are fine examples of personality. PERSONALITY in action, of course i want in. having gone through a life where my personality faded like a sinking ship i had to understand myself and people in general. because underneath it all i am a people person, i love to observe and listen and all but it'd give me greatest of joys when my mind decides to be socially more expressive in writing so i can participate, unwind and relax, read about personalities, theories, analysis, and hypothesis on this or that and talk like i was meant to. i daydream about it but oh the foggiest, the hell it happens as often as i want it to, sighs.

ooh a bit of what i said above. the payoff, is the intrigue, the personalities, the vivaciousness, the emotions, the logic, the insight, the layers that it requires to imagine, create and verbalise thoughts about philosophy, personality and psychology. some of my most favourite topics to read up on. and the people, the friends and social interactions. true i lack thereof this fine quality, just look at the sexiest member thread, hahaha i'm so not the sexy beast i thought i was, nada zip not even an off handed remark, i'm crushed. well i would be if i was wearing my best pajamas.

that is a good question, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. which means when i am switched on i talk peoples ears off whether they like it or not. this equally applies in writing as it does in conversation. however i'm switched off a lot and then my interaction with people on the forums is limited as much as it is strained with my real life friends. the kinds of awkward that happen in real life is the same as online too. which is part of the turf that it means to be me. although in recent years this has improved i hope.

Well shuh, my interactions would extend into real life if you all lived in Perth, Australia. You should all live in Perth. i'd be so happy if my mind learned the so_you_wanna_learn_how_to_talk_again_theory with friends and people. are there books on this stuff in pictures, how embarrassment, eager mind like mine deprived of books and reduced to pictures, totally wrong. thank goodness i can still hear and see, if my eyesight went i would die a pain worse than, wait i thought i already did with the depravity of reading like it was breakfast cereal. and yada yada.