User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

1. What brought you here initially?
    I was intrigued by MBTI, and wanted to learn everything I possibly could about it.
    2. Do you come here now for the same reasons, or have they changed?
    I still come here to learn, but I come back for mostly entertainment. The good and the bad..
    3. What is the payoff you get for spending time here?
    Awareness, social skills, self-help, knowledge, and perspective.
    4. Do you interact differently on the forums than you do with people in real life?
    Yes.
    5. Do any of your interactions here extend into real life?
    [/QUOTE]
    I don't know any other living human being besides my dad who shares an interest in MBTI. So, no.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Instigator, First Class LovelyAngel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I had come across TypeC quite some time ago (via Google, probably) but didnít have time for more than a cursory fly-by. Recently, though, Iíve started a relationship with someone very different than myself, and I needed to feel more grounded and affirmed in my type. Iíve known my MBTI for... I dunno... maybe 20 years?

I havenít been here long enough for my original reason to be set aside. However, the entertainment value of some of the threads is an unexpected secondary reason for me to hang around. (With the holidays over, though, I doubt Iíll be able to spend much time here. I know what a time sink forums like this can be, and I really canít afford to allow myself to engage deeply.)

Comfort in knowing there are others who are like me Ė even echoing the kinds of extremes I sometimes exhibit. It can be lonely IRL where there are no others of your type nearby. I used to work alongside a number of NTs and NFs, but unfortunately those days are long past. I'm feeling pretty isolated in my new work environment Ė a sea of SJs plus a smattering of SPs.

Here, the entertainment value is a surprise. TypeC == Better Than Cable.

4. Do you interact differently on the forums than you do with people in real life?

I havenít been here long enough to interact with others in the forum Ė and Iím not expecting to. Iím largely content to be a quiet lurker. (And yet, here I am. My excuse today is that I have the day off from work.)

See #4 above.
    "There is always something to do. There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well. And while I don't expect you to save the world I do think it's not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your life those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect."
    -- Nikki Giovanni

1. Observe my minions
    2. See Above.
    3. Read 2. first.
    4. Don't forget 3.
    5. 4. is important

Surfing the web looking for forums on topics that interest me, looked for psychology discussion forum specifically, other forums had got tired and I'd stopped visiting them.

I'd started visiting forums back in the ninties, with a bulletin board style forum for the Mclibel campaign, pretty immature in my interaction there, then on to the forum of one of my favourite authors, was initially fantastic but started to attract morons and wasnt as much fun, plus I got repeatedly reported by groups of people who decided I represened everything they hated, pretty much, the hot topic on one or two occasions being homosexuality and I was branded a bigot and a homophobe for opinions not much different from what I've expressed here. Out of respect for the author I choose not to visit anymore and rarely do now because I like the books and I dont want the ill feeling with an extremely small number of their fans to spoil them by association.

I visited here long ago and didnt stay because I felt I didnt know enough about typology and it was a closed community of people who did know about it, started visiting lately again and found the place much, much more friendly on the second pass.

Basically it meets my needs and therefore I visit, there's thinking female types, a relatively unhostile group and not so many kids or trolls who're trying out their communicative training wheels or compensating for being ignored by everyone in real life here. I cant even say that about Amazon anymore and its meant to be a shopping website, I'm taking a break from reviewing there because there were so many butt munches bothering me and not so much as a note of sympathy from more than one or two of the regular Amazon in group of reviewers when I bitched and moaned about it on their forum.

I'll probably hang around until I figure some sort of tipping point has been reached and everyone is pissed off at me or whatever, then roll on like tumble weed. My facebook has got maybe one or two people from every forum I've resided at over the years :p :coffe:

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

A wandering Californian man, seeking out his mental plan.
    It became a lot more internal after a few days.
    Sustenance for my brain. Like-minded people.
    Not like a different person, but more of myself. I feel i do that even just going from face-to-face to AIM with the same people though.
    Yes and no. Halfsies?
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I wanted to discuss MBTI in detail and learn more about it.

Same reason - to discuss MBTI.

Amusement, distraction from the gray parts of life, outlet for hypothetical musings, and exchange of ideas.

Yes. I don't talk in big, long paragraphs about psychological theory
    (but dear god, how I wish I had the opportunity!). I can seem different depending on the contexts - I've had people find me grouchy, sweet, gentle, abrasive, smart, ditsy, etc, depending on my mood and their perspective.

No.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I wrote a blog entry about how I felt defective because I wasn't like everyone else. An internet friend of long standing was a member here and introduced me to MBTI. I soon found that I was not defective, just an INTJ. And yes, I realize some think that they are the same thing :p

They've changed. I originally came to learn that there was a name for what I was. I've solved that. I stayed for the social interaction and because I met some people here I really like.

I hear viewpoints different from my own and learn how to defend the ones I have. And I get social interaction that is very difficult for me offline.

Somewhat...I like to say that on the internet, I am me squared. I'm not different so much as I am more concentrated.

Yes, I've met two people from TypeC, and I would not mind meeting more. It's easier once I know them here first.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Boredom.

I only log on when I'm bored.

I probably spend an hour a week on here; I often find the hot topic discussions boring. This place is basically my last resort and I prefer personalitycafe. But I do go to ONTD for my entertainment since everyone there is hilarious. Loves it.

Nope.

I don't meet people from the interwebs. I passed my internet safety class.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    Pfft

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia
    The burning desire to be the 42nd person to create an account on this site.

No. I could only do that once, obv--hm. I hadn't considered being every 42nd person to sign up. I always wanted to be an administrative nightmare. Good point, whoever you are.

Payoff? In a semi-annual check-in?! The payoff is for everyone else, trust me.

Not at all.

Either as an answer, or in place of one, I'm just going to point out that this forum needs an :anxioustwitch: emoticon.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I was brought here by the desire for a sunnier harbor than the one I had moored myself at. I was also drawn by the contrast between this site's variety and the other's monotony.

The reasons have changed in the absence of the circumstances that created them. I now come here just to get my daily fix of socialization.

By spending time here, I take a small bite out of my hunger for human interaction. I also waste a fair amount of time, which gives me the opportunity to recharge my batteries so that I can get back to work with a zest.

Yes. I'm very secretive in real life and far less confident.

No, and I plan to keep it that way.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]