User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    isxp

Lightbulb The Cube - An Imagination Game

Don't look at other responses until you've answered each of the following questions thoroughly. If you’d like, you can also draw a picture to go along with your description. I promise you will learn a few things about yourself after I reveal the key to decode your answers!

1.) Start by picturing a desert in your mind's eye.
    Imagine a desert landscape with a horizon line separating sand from sky.

(For this, and all the following questions, there are no specific rules; no right or wrong answers. You are perfectly free to describe the cube that you see in your mind.)

2.) In this desert there is a cube.
    What does the cube look like? How big is it? What's it made of (if you can tell)? What color is it? What kind of texture does it have? Is it above, below, or bisecting the horizon? Is it sitting on the sand, or in some other position? How close or far is it from you?

Before you go on, write down 5 adjectives describing your cube - the mood it conveys as well as its physical qualities.

3.) In this desert there is also a ladder.
    Where is it located in relation to the cube? What is it made of? What position is it in? Does it have many rungs? A few rungs? Approximately how many rungs?

4.) In this desert there now appears... a horse.
    What kind of horse? What color? Where is the horse? Does it have on a saddle or bridle? And if so, what kind? Also be sure to imagine how it relates to the cube and the ladder. And since this is a living object, what action might it be doing right now?

5.) Now, somewhere in the desert there is a storm.
    What kind of storm is this? Where do you see it? Does it affect the cube, the ladder, the horse, or not? If so, how?

6.) And, finally, in this desert there are flowers.
    Where are they in relation to the cube, the ladder, the horse, the storm? What kind are they? Are they many, or a few? What color? Scattered or clustered?

You've successfully created an unique image in your mind's eye that only you could come up with. Every element is individual to you; this is a purely subjective exercise. There are no right or wrong answers. After all, this is your imagination, and only you are capable of describing what occurs inside.

Look one more time at the scene you've created. Make sure that you've left nothing out; that everything is described in as much detail as you are capable of.

What did you see?
    ---

I had this INTJ guy I dated describe to me what his picture would look like, and out of all the ways that we could have envisioned the cube and ladder, ours turned out to be the same. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

What does the cube look like? just a white cube
    How big is it? a bit higher than a person, maybe taller, I can't tell
    What's it made of (if you can tell)? no earthly material in particular
    What color is it? white, and glowing with a bright white light
    What kind of texture does it have? Perfectly smooth.
    Is it sitting on the sand, or in some other position? On the sand, corner facing me. It cuts off a good chunk of the horizon behind it. I'm looking up at it.
    How close or far is it from you? Fairly close, about 20 feet.

Before you go on, write down 5 adjectives describing your cube - the mood it conveys as well as its physical qualities.

-radiant
    -perfect
    -calm
    -welcoming
    -strong

Where is the ladder located in relation to the cube? leaning on the right side
    What is it made of? pale, worn-smooth wood
    What position is it in? uhh, leaning?
    Does it have many rungs? A few rungs? Approximately how many rungs? Normal ladder dimensions, to reach slightly above the top of the cube...maybe 10-15 rungs

What kind of horse? Arabian, delicate and fast
    What color? black
    Where is the horse? to the left, in the background
    Does it have on a saddle or bridle? No
    And if so, what kind? Also be sure to imagine how it relates to the cube and the ladder. And since this is a living object, what action might it be doing right now? It's walking towards the cube

What kind of storm is this? Thunderstorm
    Where do you see it? in the far distance
    Does it affect the cube, the ladder, the horse, or not? No
    If so, how?

Where are the flowers in relation to the cube, the ladder, the horse, the storm? They have been crushed under the cube.
    What kind are they? it doesn't matter
    Are they many, or a few? a few
    What color? red
    Scattered or clustered? scattered

I doubt it means anything, as I only went for the picture that I would paint if I were given such instructions.

MBTI
    isxp

To ST's and NT's: don't worry about logic, this is just an imagination game

To all the lazy people (P's): don't worry about complete sentences, you can just list the characteristics

Everyone: don't worry about drawing a picture, it is optional!

Have fun!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This was kind of strange, very NF, but I went ahead with it.

The cube was a magenta sort of color. If it was made of anything, it would have been shiny origami, but it really just looked like cheaply rendered CGI.
    It was floating high above the ground, I'm not exactly sure how far.
    It was slowly spinning on the Z axis.
    The ladder was a yellowish color, I think it might have been metal.
    It was at a position that would allow someone to reach the cube, the top being right next to the cube.
    The horse was far off, I'm not exactly sure to what orientation, but it was far right from my point of view.
    It was big and white, and it didn't have anything on it.
    It just sort of slowly shuffled and turned around in place on top of some dune.
    There was a dark and heavy thunderstorm, but it was way off in the distance, it didn't affect anything nearby.

The flowers, I unfortunately could not place. They just seemed to be somewhere else.
    They had four red, round pedals, not much larger than the bud. The bud itself was yellow.
    There was a large armful of them clustered together, wherever they were.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

yea! I like this kind of quizzes:

Cube:
    - Big, pale champagne gold/white; glimmering; rotating in the air off the ground; close but distant
    - Adjectives: it is a serene cube, self-contained, engaged but not involved, floating above everyone. you sense it will last to eternity.

Ladder:
    - Starts from the ground, goes a long way up with many rungs that disappear into the mists. (oh dear, does this mean I'll never reach my goals)
    - It is next to the cube, but you cannot really see them meeting.
    - Not sure the material, but it's not going to collapse on me should I climb it.

Horse:
    - A lovely Arabian, brown, with flowing mane, no saddles/bridles
    - It comes from beyond the cube and walks towards me and stops by me for a pat. Wild but tame?

Storm:
    - Comes from beyond the cube
    - It threatens darkly from a distance but my cube, ladder and horsey are safe.

Flowers:
    - Little 5 petaled ones in the same shade of gold as the cube, they grow in many little clusters from where I am to the cube. They're fragrant.

* You do realise I'm going to be rabidly checking back on this for the intepretation right.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Many of these descriptions might be due to the oddness of sticking random objects in a desert. All the objects are clustered together except for the storm, the cube was inserted first, the ladder goes to the side of the cube, the horse goes behind them. All objects are several yards (meters) in front of me, they look much smaller due to perspective.

The Cube: I imagine this cube as looking like a computer generated one. I see it as smooth, with no obvious joints, that's a bit in the distance so it's probably around the same size or half as high as me, but looks smaller thanks to perspective. It is a dark blusih color all around.

The ladder: It looks like a ladder out of children's book (a Dr. Suess or See Spot Run type ladder) with 5 or 6 rungs, all of them circular, and made out of wood. My brain sees it as resting sloped on a dune, or resting in the air as if it is on an invisible wall.

The horse: It's a browish horse, which is standing or pacing around, not really doing anything. It has a not too fancy saddle.

The Storm: The storm is covering the horizon, but is far enough that I don't feel any winds or cloudiness where I'm standing, or near the assorted objects. Mostly in my head I see the grey cloud base, and the dark area and rainfall below it, but occasionally imagining up gives me the large fluffy section of the standard cumulonimbus cloud.

The Flowers: These are all around the desert, but are quite spread out. There are groups of 1-3 flower plants that are very close together, each of these groups is separated by several yards (meters). the flowers I imagine asd mostly reddish, but other colors sometimes get imagined in.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Imagine a desert landscape with a horizon line separating sand from sky.

What does the cube look like? How big is it? What's it made of (if you can tell)? What color is it? What kind of texture does it have? Is it above, below, or bisecting the horizon? Is it sitting on the sand, or in some other position? How close or far is it from you?
    Plastic translucent cube, height of 2 persons. Solid medium blue, no texture. Edges rounded. It's below the horizon, sitting on the sand, about 200 meters (yards) from me. It looks nice, modern and delightful to look at.

Where is it located in relation to the cube? What is it made of? What position is it in? Does it have many rungs? A few rungs? Approximately how many rungs?

It's resting on the right side of the cube when viewed from my position. It's made of wood, brown color, with 10 rungs.

What kind of horse? What color? Where is the horse? Does it have on a saddle or bridle? And if so, what kind? Also be sure to imagine how it relates to the cube and the ladder. And since this is a living object, what action might it be doing right now?

I don't know that much about horses, but it's light brown, not saddled. The horse is near me, I can see it from 10 meters away. The horse is just chilling out and doing the usual things for horses, mm, eating. It has noticed me, but it's keeping it cool, undisturbed. Hmm, lets say it's a finnhorse. That I know.

What kind of storm is this? Where do you see it? Does it affect the cube, the ladder, the horse, or not? If so, how?
    No, it's far away, coming from the extreme right corner of the picture. It darkens the sky in the horizon, heavy clouds with rain.. No need to care about it, other than that it'll leave everything wet, so that I can't stay outside when it reaches me. I've obviously planned to take the horse and ride to see the cube, and I can do it before the storm reaches me.

Where are they in relation to the cube, the ladder, the horse, the storm? What kind are they? Are they many, or a few? What color? Scattered or clustered?
    Some daisies and some other flowers that I can't name. There's a big cluster of them around the horse and near me. There's more of them in small clusters here and there.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Cube:
    It is medium-sized; around the size of what you would feel comfortable sitting on, and it is sitting on the sand about 4 or 5 metres away from me, below the horizon. It is transparent, and might be made of some sort of smooth plastic, and the edges and vertices are clearly visible because they are black. If the cube was rendered, then it would be white, I think.
    Adjectives- warm, friendly, mysterious, helpful, IKEA-esque

Ladder:
    The ladder is made of smooth wood, and has 5 or 6 thick, cylindrical rungs. It is a metre behind the cube, but half a metre more to the left. It is floating in the air behind the cube, rising diagonally from right to left at a 140 degree angle. It is floating about 1 metre above the sand, so that in this scene, the upper third of the ladder is above the horizon from where I am standing.

Horse:
    The horse is red-brown, and has no saddle or bridle. It seems pretty docile. It is far off in the distance, almost above the horizon, and again more to the left, and so has nothing to do with the cube or ladder. It is standing and isn't moving around that much. It seems a bit curious about it's surroundings, not that much though.

Storm:
    It's a tornado! Far off in the distance. Same distance from it as from between me and the horse, but it's on the right side more. It looks like it's slowly coming our way, but I know it won't hit us.

Flowers:
    The flowers, accompanied by lush green grass, are underneath and surrounding the cube in an oblong 2x2metre-ish patch. They are a bright, deep pink. They are the size of small tulips, but they look very different from tulips. I'm not sure what kind they are; some sort of wildflower maybe. They don't look like they belong in the desert, though. There are many flowers, and they are spread evenly throughout the patch of grass.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    * You do realise I'm going to be rabidly checking back on this for the intepretation right.
    So am I!!

Looks like she's offline though.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

I basically imagined an image of cracked/orange-ish ground, with a straight horizon line and a blue sky. Not much else.

It's a big, white, glowing cube, with some sort of light coming from inside. It is about half the height of a person. It's made of some sort of smooth plastic, maybe frosted glass. Anything that's slightly transparent. It's sitting below the horizon, sort of on the left-hand side of my vision. And is relatively close. It's angled about 60 degrees towards me, so I see mostly the front, but a bit of the side, too.

Peaceful
    Solid
    Glowing
    White
    Contrast

It's standing next to the cube, roughly the same distance from me, but sort of on the other side of my field of vision (so on one side is the cube, and on the other side is the ladder). It's a wooden ladder. It's a full-sized ladder, possibly taller, so however many rungs that is. It's standing vertically, as if leading to something directly above, but it is not tall enough to reach whatever it is.

I see it walking along, coming from behind the ladder and heading to the cube's side of my vision, but it's maybe as far behind the two objects as the objects are from me. It's a chestnut horse, probably a thoroughbred (I have little knowledge of horse breeds, but my mind has plucked it out of my memories of watching horse races, so yeah). It doesn't have any saddle/bridle on. It's just walking along, head sort of low, like it might be tired or just peacefully walking along at it's own pace.

I see the storm as taking over the horizon - just a big sort of cloud of indestinct greyness. So, a sandstorm? Or something like that. It's approaching the scene in my mind, but is not there yet.

I see a cluster/trail of little white flowers (Edelweiss comes to mind? I don't know what type they'd be), at the base of the glowing white cube. They're sitting in some kind of bush, and there's a few of them that trail off to where the ladder stands, but mostly they're around the base of the cube.

ETA: Hah. Went and read the others. Strange, how a lot of the things seems to be repeated by several of us!

Oh, and I fear I may have been influenced by http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../awake_401.jpg
    Once you've seen one cube in the desert... :P Ah well!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp