User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    You guys all have such fantastical cubes. When I read, "Imagine a cube", I imagine a solid, colourless block.

T_T and it turns out this is supposed to represent me!
    It's better than the large chunk of us who are just computer generated.:eek:

It does bring up a bit of curiosity I have though about how these "tests" work. A lot of the images seem to be based on ones we've seen other places, in pictures or in paintings, yet somehow (assuming this does work, which may be just a forer effect type of process, which seems to be a big part of how these things work.) they end up describing people's personalities. It seems odd that people's images that they happen to see day to day could get molded into a representation of their personality.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Meh. I'm trying to figure out what a mirrored rotating floating cube is suppose to say about me.
    just for you:
    mirrored: reflecting others/ a realist/ visually oriented
    floating: optimistic/ idealistic/ spiritual/ living in ideas or fantasy/ impractical/ "above it all"

no rotating, but close ones are:
    spinning: intense/ busy/ high-energy/ elusive
    turning: moody/ multifaceted/ active

lint, I tried this last night at dinner on a table with an INTP, ENxP, and an xSTJ. The xNxPs started getting very hyper over it and spent an hour dissecting it... and the xSTJ got hyperly bored.

something which is intriguing is handwriting analysis/graphology too.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    just for you:
    mirrored: reflecting others/ a realist/ visually oriented
    Thanks! I erased my post here partly because I had described 1 of 2 cubes as "made of glass or metal, reflective like a mirror" plus "hard, cold, seamless, futuristic, out of place in the desert, and impenetrable" hitting the nails into the coffin "could be beautiful and rarified like an expensive unecessarily well-crafted toy sitting on the mantle in a swanky upscale studio..."

WTF???

I'm a trophy wife???

Why would any self-respecting woman post that publicy for the world to see as 'herself'??

Oh wait...I just did.

Damn.

And don't get me started on the horses!!!
    Last edited by CzeCze; 11-17-2007 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Emphasis

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Here it is:

In the Australian desert, with wide ridge sand dunes, toppled with rust from recent windstorms. The skies are deep blue, the white-hot sun just overhead. Wandering around, I see a translucent cube, shimmering half-deep in the sand bisecting the horizon. It's about the size of a small bedroom, with edges made from calcite, and the faces of a similar texture to mercury. The faces feel smooth and cold to the touch, and appears as though the hands can go right through it. I conclude that the box was mysterious, aloof, yet inviting. So I move about 10 metres back, as I scan across the landscape, which has a few kangaroo paws scattered about, 'flowers' just opening. Then a horse, about my height, gallops behind the cube--no saddle. I venture towards the cube again, wanting to find out what was inside. And there it is, through the silvery curtain: a creaking ladder ten steps high , terminating at one side of the cube, angled at about 60 degrees to the floor. I think whether the ladder leads to somewhere, so I go up...

Into the Universal Astrogryation Foyer, where the constants of nature are displayed all around me. In the centre sits the celestial sphere, its golden globe slowly rotating. I wonder what would happen if I tweaked one of the constants, but refuse to do so.

[I love that diversion...]
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

ThatGirl

I had a guy try to do this on me as a pick up line. My responses caused a blank stare affect followed by a regular pick up line.

Quote Originally Posted by pocket lint View Post

2.) In this desert there is a cube.
    What does the cube look like? How big is it? What's it made of (if you can tell)? What color is it? What kind of texture does it have? Is it above, below, or bisecting the horizon? Is it sitting on the sand, or in some other position? How close or far is it from you?
    About the size of a building, translucent, texture blends with everything else. No texture, more defined edges than the body of each side. Probably below but touching the horizon. It is barely connected to the sand, and is about 15 to 20 ft in front of me. It is sitting on its point, like this:

But more elevated.

Before you go on, write down 5 adjectives describing your cube - the mood it conveys as well as its physical qualities.
    Symmetrical, artistic, balanced, translucent, slow moving. I think the cube looks cool, in a mathematically, artistically, abstract way.

3.) In this desert there is also a ladder.
    Where is it located in relation to the cube? What is it made of? What position is it in? Does it have many rungs? A few rungs? Approximately how many rungs?
    Wooden ladder, leaning against the side of the cube. Pretty tall. I don't know what a rung is.

4.) In this desert there now appears... a horse.
    What kind of horse? What color? Where is the horse? Does it have on a saddle or bridle? And if so, what kind? Also be sure to imagine how it relates to the cube and the ladder. And since this is a living object, what action might it be doing right now?
    Large horse, white, standing next to the cube, on the opposite side of the ladder. It is standing at an angle to the cube, and just staring at me. Not really moving.

5.) Now, somewhere in the desert there is a storm.
    What kind of storm is this? Where do you see it? Does it affect the cube, the ladder, the horse, or not? If so, how?
    Hm, this kind of kills the symmetry of my vision. In the distance off to the right side of the ladder. It is a rain storm, a condensed cloud. It does not affect the cube directly, depends on how long it rains I suppose, it saturates the ground.

6.) And, finally, in this desert there are flowers.
    Where are they in relation to the cube, the ladder, the horse, the storm? What kind are they? Are they many, or a few? What color? Scattered or clustered?
    In a grouping on the lower left corner by the horse, sort of wrapping around where the horse is standing. Wild flowers. Probably what the horse feeds off of.

Look one more time at the scene you've created. Make sure that you've left nothing out; that everything is described in as much detail as you are capable of.

What did you see?
    ---
    That something is missing from the top left corner.

MBTI
    ENTP

Sounds fun I made a little drawing.

1.) Start by picturing a desert in your mind's eye.
    There's a sandy desert with loose, coarse stones of a greyish-orange color. Sun quite high. Sharp shadows.

2.) In this desert there is a cube.
    I've put the cube halfway between myself and the horizon. It's huge, made of iron, darkish, smooth and solid. It conveys a looming, forbidding mood. The sun's behind it, so I see the shadow side. It's not really "my" cube, as "the Cube" has been an inside joke for long with us and has started with a role-play where a character caused a solid iron cube to be made, as a work of art... So the first cube which springs into my mind whenever I see "Cube" with a capital, is that iron one.

3.) In this desert there is also a ladder.
    I've drawn a ladder with six rungs, lying on the desert ground. Front left of the drawing, quite close to my viewpoint. It's made of wood and dried out. Looks quite strong.

4.) In this desert there now appears... a horse.
    As the horse "appeared", I've drawn it close to the horizon. It's a scrawny, dust-brown one, not saddled, half wild. It's coated with desert dust. Wandering around, looking at the cube.

5.) Now, somewhere in the desert there is a storm.
    Sandstorm of course. It hides half of the ladder. The cube is quite unaffected, maybe a little sand build-up at one side. The horse has sought shelter behind the cube.

6.) And, finally, in this desert there are flowers.
    All flowers are coated by the sand for now. Don't worry, they will come back. As they are desert flowers, they are incredibly tough. Little heaps of dry, sharp leaves with spiky flowers.

And what do you mean by "not worrying about logic"? Logic is part of imagination!

Edit. Read the interpretation. Huh?!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

ThatGirl

Ha, I just found this.

Does give a little bit more description for what these things are supposed to mean.

figsfiggyfigs

Too lazy to describe it,so I quickly drew it in PS.

the purple flowers are supposed to be bright blue.

tis I riding the horse!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Ha, I just found this.

Does give a little bit more description for what these things are supposed to mean.

gefus, I just read through that, good thing I think of this in non-serious terms

ThatGirl

How can you be riding your horse and a cube at the same time?

Also, it looks like you are flipping the camera off.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    How can you be riding your horse and a cube at the same time?

Also, it looks like you are flipping the camera off.
    yeah and apparently I love and want dozens and dozens of kids.

I effing hate kids.