User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default My friend's daughter just died...

How do you celebrate and mourn at the same time? I don't know.
    As I'm watching a new year begin, Ive just seen a young life end and I just don't know what to do with that.

She was 23. Killed by a mac truck running a red light. So absolutely senseless. I showed up to the visitation just to give my friends a hug. I wanted to give them so much more, but what could I give them?

I was taken aback to see that they were displaying a print of one of my paintings to symbolize their precious daughter. That's the third time someone has used one of my images to celebrate the soul of their loved one who had passed. At least I have found some way of giving more of myself to those in pain than I have realized. That's all that seems to matter to me at this point. I was thinking of resolutions to make like loosing my stupid gut and ridding my house of clutter...who cares now though. Really. Life is so precious and where has my head been? I don't know. I don't know if I'm even making sense after drinking an entire bottle of champagne, but maybe contemplating the end of life is what we need when contemplating a new beginning. If we must endure death, maybe we can use it to teach us something.

So what I want to know is this. If 2010 were not only a new year but your last year on earth, what would your resolutions be?
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It took me a few seconds to realize that you meant celebrating a New Year and mourn a death "at the same time".

if 2010 were my last year on Earth, I would make a resolution to give myself as much "self-gratification" as possible, which goes along with doing everything that I think I would actually want to do that would be possible. No other resolutions besides that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If it were my last year on earth, I'd definitely want to be in love. Maybe run away. Fuck this college shit.

But assuming that I have a future, yeah, I should prolly finish my degree.

I'm really sorry about your friend's daughter. That's so horrible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Fuck this college shit.
    That reminds me, I'd also not do anything that would go against my principles.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Miserable View Post
    That reminds me, I'd also not do anything that would go against my principles.
    College isn't "against my principles." Just because I'm sick of school in my fourth year (I'm a senior now)... I'm getting sick of being a student. If I knew I was going to die, yeah, I'd probably give love/relationships priority over academia. But it's not against my principals, and for the first 2 1/2 years I was in school I LOVED IT.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    College isn't "against my principles." Just because I'm sick of school in my fourth year (I'm a senior now)
    I wasn't talking about you, it had nothing to do with you, other than that you reminded me of something.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

I'm so sorry, Star. What a loss at such a young age.

If this was my last year, I would spend it making the people I love as happy as possible. I would spend all of my time and resources investing in their futures and in the wellbeings of the less fortunate. I know that probably sounds trite and phony, but it's true. And I wouldn't worry. I would have no future to worry about. I would enjoy my last days knowing that my life mattered because I put good will and good works into the world. I figure if the world is a better place for me being in it, then my life, however brief, can never be a waste.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

MBTI
    ENTP

Star W

So sorry for your loss, and it's good that your art comfort people, you see to be able to hook into their consiousness about their relatives. It's a really sounds like you give comfort.

As for New Years res.... I'm expectingthis year to be quite a change so I guess my resolve is to make the most of it

MBTI
    xxxx

Life is a giant game of Russian Roulette. You play for a while and then you can't play any more. It's always safer to not play the game at all and you just keep playing.

*pulls the trigger, is still playing*
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    xxxx

Life is a giant game of Russian Roulette. You play for a while and then you can't play any more. It's always safer to not play the game at all and you just keep playing.

*pulls the trigger, is still playing*
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?