Ghost Monkey Soul Array Vizconde's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default How to Effectively Troll

Got the idea for this thread from another thread on what MBIT type trolls the most. Ok trolling in general is kinda bad...yet it is an interesting phenomenon. Some are better at it than others. How do you know someone is trolling? How come some trolls get caught and others do not? Free speech concerns? Comedy aspects, when you know you have gone too far? is there a right time to troll etc.

Primarily the purpose of this thread is to put together a list of how to effectively be a troll. What is the criterion? Avoidance of capture vs. going down in flames right and proper.

Discuss
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Default Lesson 1: The ad hominem argument

Yay, another troll thread ... :rolli:

I discuss when I want to, not when I'm told to.
    Seriously, I think you're just bored. Get a life, dude. Starting pointless threads is what you're always doing when you're bored.Maybe you should give your pseudo-INTP intellect something more substantial to chew on.
    Seriously, I hope this thread will be closed soon. Only jerks will post in it anyway. That's so pathetic.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Lol! Very good Avis! I read the post content and only noticed the title after I was properly insulted. For true.

The force is strong in this one.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP

Tolling 101...

pick a poor smuck to have an argument with

#1 Follow them around the forum making lam comments or dissagreeing with them on everything

#2 Veer or topic all the time (and not just in an NTP - shiney sparkly things way)...

#3 keep repeating the same point over and over again, but don't add any additional information to the point

Senior Member Array The Outsider's Avatar
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

This picture says it all really:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default Lesson Two: Polarise Targets

Strategies in War, Power and Seduction can be applied to the advantage of the troll.

One of these strategies is declaring war on your target/frenemies. Not only will it focus the troll on key targets it also works well to smoke out other consequential targets and alliances as well as to spot out signs and patterns for gratifying targets. A troll needs to be fed and identifying specific targets will remind them of their job to feed the troll. Also it effectively compartmentalizes the audience so they will be at ease to laugh and pay attention of the trolls nuances without being overly concerned that they are the next target.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Great thread, Spam!
    (I think we should call it our version of the "Venus Troll Trap.")
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Go to this thread.

And post "Did she at least had an orgasm or it was all for noting ? "

I am prettly sure that most people would be annoyed by that kind of comment over there at the time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^nice

Pictures, stalking prey, derailing threads/discussions, and (like I am kinda doing now by restating the above) good old repetition

MBTI
    ENTP

Love the Venus Troll trap...

# get other people to take part... make sure that you attact a crowd, possibly using th strategies above....

# Get really, really drunk before loggin in... ALWAYS a pleasure to be on the receiving end of those

# create multiple personas, so when you get semi banned you can still do under wire trolling.....

# Be sure to always follow up public trolling behaviour by PM people and being deeply offensive ... if too lazy to do that.. try rating thier reputation