User Tag List

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

Default How do you lurk?

How do you lurk?
    When you come up on a random forum or article,do you skim through the details and text until you find something that catches your eye?or do you carefully study it like a microscope?

When you lurk,do you lurk on random topics or stay on just one?
    Like for example,when on your browser you have mess of tabs or windows,but its either the same topic or deferent ones.When your done with that topic,you either close the windows that have that topic or move on without closing them...
    Edit:
    Also how hard do you lurk?
    the whole day?,15mins?,etc...
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Ummm.....

I read what's on the screen, I scrutinize it! And if I get bored, or I'm waiting for a page to load, I'll go through other tabs that are open.

I hope that answered your questions.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I bust out my microscope, yeah.

I usually open most new threads, that are of interest in tabs, then sort of read the first one, skim through the second one, and close the rest of the tabs.

It is actually too chaotic to explain. I go back to threads that seem interesting, etc.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

How do you lurk?

Skim the details to find the gist of the topic. If it's interesting enough, I may (20% of the time) read the entire article.

When you lurk, do you lurk on random topics or stay on just one?

Heh. Usually it's 15-30 tabs on one or two themes. I only close the windows when I turn off the computer, or as soon as the article becomes irrelevant to the theme.

Also, how much do you lurk?

When do I not lurk?
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

My lurking is quuite variable, depending on how bored I am IRL, how much time I have to screw off with, and how bad of a procrastination fit I am experiencing. Honestly, this board is my productivity saver quite frequently, because as an ESTP 7w8 with OCD and ADHD, I have the attention span of a gnat that just drank from an open can of Red Bull. But, if I can browse some stuff here (sillness or "serious" stuff) for a few minutes I'm able to flush my "RAM" and get back to multi-tasking, post the BSOD I just recovered from.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENFP

It's obvious from my posts I know... But I barely read the thread at all... I just read the title and start blabbing HAHA However, a couple of threads do make me read them most of the way through... they are some damn good threads!
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Pretty much like this:

[/insidejoke]

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

How do you lurk?

Each day Falcarius skims the new posts, and reads infinity threads in no logical order mostly at the same time as each other.

When you lurk, do you lurk on random topics or stay on just one?

Falcarius spends about an hour or so reading the more interesting new posts in the late morning or early afternoon. He spends the next seven or so hours, until ten o'clock at night, reading books and horsing around his house. He then spends the next five hours drink green tea (or alcohol on occasion) while lurking once again on this forum until he falls asleep or he runs out of green tea/alcohol.

It is not exactly uncommon for this forum to throw Falcarius out at some ridiculous time for falling asleep and not being active for an hour. It is also not uncommon for Ms. Utahensis, Falcarius' mother, to come in his bedroom and find him asleep under his desk at ten o'clock in the morning.

Also, how much do you lurk?

Falcarius has been on this forum since the day it opened to the public. He has log on for a minimum of five hours nearly every day since, but his post count is still averages only a post and a half a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP

I lurk according to my mood. If I feel like digesting walls of text, I will. If I feel like reading about typings of pop culture icons, I will.

I lurk for up to two hours a day, but not every day.
    I lurked for a year or more before I joined. Yet I have 45 posts.

I lurk around three time a week for about half an hour. Probably an hour and a half to three hours weekly, three weeks out of every month.