User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Ni is .....

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    To me, Ni is...

the one checking the workings of your mind, very good at self-references.
    the one bringing structure into your memory, eg. ranking "horse" under "animal" etc.

(While to me Ne seems the most random function, Ni seems the most structured one...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I think you are mixing Te and Ni.
    What? Introspecting Te?

No, Te's the one making you do what needs to be done. Te doesn't care about self-reflective bullshit.
    It's not because it makes you more efficient that it's Te doing it. While my example was a useful ranking, Ni can make a wrong/useless connection too...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTJ

^ then you're definitely mixing Ni with Si.

Ni is whole stories in your head that blossom out from accidentally thinking one thought.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    What? Introspecting Te?

No, Te's the one making you do what needs to be done. Te doesn't care about self-reflective bullshit.
    It's not because it makes you more efficient that it's Te doing it. While my example was a useful ranking, Ni can make a wrong/useless connection too...

Maybe I am wrong but you seem to not undertstand Ni.
    However this is hard for me to answer since I have a troube telling those two appart. (because of obvious reasons)

The example with horse is more like a Te thing. Since it is about classifiction.
    While Ni is perciving function and it can't be trully used for this. Also if you link a horse to animals you are probably doing it because your experiance told you so. What is actually a Si. In my opinion Si is the most structured inside function.

While Ni is probablly the least. Since it makes huge number of connections but only a few survive the testing of Te. This is why I said in another thread that I constantly have a feeling that my thoghts are not actually mine.
    Since Ni operates out of I will call it the sphere of influence.

Ni is all about noticing of trends and making every connection between the events that is possibe.(even if you are not at the place wher it all happened / will happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

Ni is whole stories in your head that blossom out from accidentally thinking one thought.
    Yeap.

Basicly she is mixing ISTJs with INTJs.( like many other do )

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Like waves radiating out when something is dropped into water?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Like waves radiating out when something is dropped into water?
    Yes, but it is not that simetrical or linear.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm starting to have trouble seperating out Ni from Fi now...Coz what you boys are describing is something that goes on in my head when introspecting.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

^ What kind of stories?

In this INTJ...

Ni does "what if" stories but with Te keeping it all in line by keeping the objects and processes "real". (Ni dominates, though, so "real" can be pretty bizarre sometimes, just so long as it's all connected in the right way. This is perhaps one of the reasons sci-fi supposedly appeals to INTJs.) Maybe it's not "what if" stories so much sometimes as "well if that's the case, then..." stories.

I think there's also some kind of Se slant too, inasmuch as Ni also has pictures of the world that correspond to approaching the world with extraverted sensing. It's not that Ni does Se, but that... um... something like the possible images of what's to come get framed for a person who's going to be doing it Se stylee... I think. And this is perhaps one of the reasons action-oriented sci-fi supposedly appeals to INTJs.)

And of course, Fi is in the mix. Long, long ago Poki made reference to this, the idea that TJs use Fi to limit Ni perception, if a possibility is deemed unlovely, it is ruled out of possiblity. That, however, isn't entirely true. It gets ruled out of public circulation, stamped as unclean and "we're not going there", but it still may well continue circulating in the introspective story-making. (So bad break ups go perhaps a lot worse in the inner story-telling and paranoia swells.)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    STP

^ What kind of stories?

In this INTJ...

Ni does "what if" stories but with Te keeping it all in line by keeping the objects and processes "real". (Ni dominates, though, so "real" can be pretty bizarre sometimes, just so long as it's all connected in the right way. This is perhaps one of the reasons sci-fi supposedly appeals to INTJs.) Maybe it's not "what if" stories so much sometimes as "well if that's the case, then..." stories.

I think there's also some kind of Se slant too, inasmuch as Ni also has pictures of the world that correspond to approaching the world with extraverted sensing. It's not that Ni does Se, but that... um... something like the possible images of what's to come get framed for a person who's going to be doing it Se stylee... I think. And this is perhaps one of the reasons action-oriented sci-fi supposedly appeals to INTJs.)

And of course, Fi is in the mix. Long, long ago Poki made reference to this, the idea that TJs use Fi to limit Ni perception, if a possibility is deemed unlovely, it is ruled out of possiblity. That, however, isn't entirely true. It gets ruled out of public circulation, stamped as unclean and "we're not going there", but it still may well continue circulating in the introspective story-making. (So bad break ups go perhaps a lot worse in the inner story-telling and paranoia swells.)
    Ni combined with Se does not aim to keep it real. Combined with Ti it comes out as that is jacked up, funny, retarded, but logically true.
    Im out, its been fun

Ni is womens intuition. The slightly irrational and weird one.