User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm Marie Antoinette

[YOUTUBE="uUXkVALAVpE"]I'm also Snow White[/YOUTUBE]

When I was little, for some fucked up reason I used to imagine what it was like to be:

You must have prettyful daydreams. The Anastasia thing is only fucked up when you're an adult: when you're 6, she's just a beautiful princess close to your age from a far off land.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    You must have prettyful daydreams. The Anastasia thing is only fucked up when you're an adult: when you're 6, she's just a beautiful princess close to your age from a far off land.
    Yeah, all of the brutality rape and murder didn't quite occur to me when I was younger. I fed into the illusion of her living through it. However, having read books as an adult, I now understand there is no way she could have lived through it or escaped. They found pelvic bones that match about her development level in the mass Romanov grave, too. If any of the daughters was missing, it would not be Anastasia.

It's one of those spooky things that always fascinated me. I like history.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Yeah, all of the brutality rape and murder didn't quite occur to me when I was younger. I fed into the illusion of her living through it. However, having read books as an adult, I now understand there is no way she could have lived through it or escaped. They found pelvic bones that match about her development level in the mass Romanov grave, too. If any of the daughters was missing, it would not be Anastasia.

It's one of those spooky things that always fascinated me. I like history.
    The morbid parts of history used to be interesting to me. Now I think I've overloaded on them - I almost quit my day job over it. But you are definitely right: there's no shortage of fascinating brutality in history.

I'm usually me at my core during daydreams. The shift of reality is usually in the setting. It would be more like "where/when/with whom does your daydreaming take place?"
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

I'm usually me at my core during daydreams. The shift of reality is usually in the setting. It would be more like "where/when/with whom does your daydreaming take place?"
    Where/when/with whom does your daydreaming take place?

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Where/when/with whom does your daydreaming take place?
    I guess I invited that question, huh?

I don't want to be disappointing, but it varies quite a bit. I'm not sure if I can generalize.

The settings and activities can be gritty (eg shoplifting with Teddy Boys on King's Road in 1976) or benign (eg sitting in a middle class Victorian parlor while playing word games with guests); serene (floating at the base of a small waterfall in a pool of shallow water with pure white sand at the bottom and water lilies floating at the top) or violent (engaging in a battle royal with the mythical daughters of ∆gir on the high seas). Even mundane (I once sewed cushions for church pews with pious ladies in 1930 Kansas City ). The people I'm with and whether I am alone depend on the nature of the fantasy I guess. Is this weird? At least the sewing cushions part has to be.
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

I guess I invited that question, huh?

I don't want to be disappointing, but it varies quite a bit. I'm not sure if I can generalize.

The settings and activities can be gritty (eg shoplifting with Teddy Boys on King's Road in 1976) or benign (eg sitting in a middle class Victorian parlor while playing word games with guests); serene (floating at the base of a small waterfall in a pool of shallow water with pure white sand at the bottom and water lilies floating at the top) or violent (engaging in a battle royal with the mythical daughters of ∆gir on the high seas). Even mundane (I once sewed cushions for church pews with pious ladies in 1930 Kansas City ). The people I'm with and whether I am alone depend on the nature of the fantasy I guess. Is this weird? At least the sewing cushions part has to be.
    Actually I am not so much interested in the content of your day dreams, but how you do it.

So leaving aside the content, how does it feel for you to day dream?

What do you think of that part of you that day dreams?

And what does your day dreamer think of you?

Are you just a day dreaming girl or can you also tell us how you day dream? Can you describe for us how you enter a day dream, how you progress within a day dream and how you leave a day dream?

And most interestingly, have you ever thought of sharing a day dream with someone else?

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Actually I am not so much interested in the content of your day dreams, but how you do it.

So leaving aside the content, how does it feel for you to day dream?

What do you think of that part of you that day dreams?

And what does your day dreamer think of you?

Are you just a day dreaming girl or can you also tell us how you day dream? Can you describe for us how you enter a day dream, how you progress within a day dream and how you leave a day dream?

And most interestingly, have you ever thought of sharing a day dream with someone else?
    Okay, I haven't really given it much thought, but this is the best I can do for now.

Sometimes I deliberately daydream to get through monotonous tasks - these are usually variations on favorite daydreams I like to revisit and as such are not particularly spontaneous, though they do evolve over time. At other times, daydreaming is triggered by something novel: a new bit of information, a movie, a visual stimulation, a conversation, a physical sensation, a memory that has reappeared or suddenly become more vivid. Thus, how I feel during my divagations from reality is somewhat context dependent.

I slip in and out of daydreams when I can because they synthesize my internal world (Fi + Si) with my external world, helping me work through my emotions/memories, develop my thoughts/hunches and enrich my experiences of the present/sensual. In a way, fantasy is tied with everything I do and every experience that I have.

My experience of both going into and coming out of daydreams is akin to passing through a diaphanous membrane. Though I can choose to slip into fantasy when it is desirable, I can also inadvertantly fall through the thin partition that separates my consciousnesses. In fact, I would probably characterize my daydream unreality, at least in part, as a conscious manifestation of my subconscious.

So, in a way it's not surprising that I am somehow always me when I daydream. In fact, my 'real' self and 'fantasy' self are fundamentally one and the same. There is a fluid relationship between the thoughts of the Jane who is allowing (because it is so natural as to be passive most of the time) the daydream and the Jane who is the subject thereof. So we don't really communicate with or think of each other as distinct entities. I might see my tendency to daydream as self indulgent, but the judgment I pass is on myself as a whole, including dreamworld Jane.

And, because I'm somewhat ashamed of this habit of mine, I have never shared the experience with anyone else.
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

Enneagram
    9w8

I daydream of flight in its various forms - with wings, pumping the air and feeling the tendons flex as I do so, swiftly soaring as a part of the wind and passing through a myriad of landscapes of equal and differing beauties.

I am not a particular person when I do this - I am free of all human constraints and not bound by the laws of nature.

I've also daydreamed of the hum of aurora borealis, fading in and out of particles as I flare in contact with the atmosphere and present colours of a glowing, ethereal quality.

There are times when I daydream of encounters with another, however - normally right after I see an intriguing stranger whom I share a mutual, interested look with, I imagine how the encounter might go if circumstances were different. Not because I am too timid to approach, but because I won't for certain reasons and for some reason imagine what they might be like.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'll daydream a conversation between two people, both of them me. One will babble and bubble with ideas (Ne?) while the other takes a kind, but critical approach. It feels natural to leave them to it. Sometimes they can come up with good stuff. Often they just bicker.

I'll also daydream conversations with people I know, or people I don't. I'm usually much smoother in these conversation than I would be in real life.

Often I'll daydream of the world but with differences such as if there was no gravity/pig people/nobody could lie/we lived under the sea.

Somtimes I will find myself absorbed in a particular feeling (for want of a better word). Lately I have been greatly attracted to the feeling of time passing.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump