First 1234 Last

I dream of broccoli.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    If I could write down everything I daydream about being it'd be like writing a whole dictionary.
    It's always completely different, or is there a trend? If I was to write every daydream down in detail I'd also be busy for a couple of lifetimes myself, but there's a trend in my daydreams I can point out though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I dream of broccoli.
    So we know that in real life you are not George Bush Sr. .
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Daydreaming is one of my favorite activities. And I'm with Sky and Jenna, although I wouldn't say my daydreams are very realistic; I don't think I could be content with mundane daydreams, they'd remind me too much of real life and the whole reason I'm daydreaming is to escape reality. They're not as fantastical as slaying dragons (although occasionally they are that whimsical), but my daydreams have a good dose of idealism. Something that could happen irl, if real life were ideal.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I dream of broccoli.
    It's becoming infectious. Spreading like wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It's always completely different, or is there a trend? If I was to write every daydream down in detail I'd also be busy for a couple of lifetimes myself, but there's a trend in my daydreams I can point out though.
    There may be a trend to my daydreams but I have not been aware of it. It's just that the character I am in them is always variant in some way or the other.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't usually daydream about magical stuff either....I tend to create characters, sometimes one of them is me in some way, although she may not look just like me or act just like me. Sometimes I am not involved at all. The people I think about are either real people, based on someone existing but altered, or a conglomerate of images and personalities I've encountered and maybe idealized into someone entirely new.

I'd describe my thoughts like a movie or novel. Sometimes there's ongoing stories I go back to when I am bored, sometimes it's just a one time exploration of an idea. If I just finished watching a movie, or reading a book, or hearing a song, etc, then I may create something around that because it stirred my imagination.

I also daydream about my actual future/life (in which I am always ME, albeit often somewhat idealized), sometimes immediate possibilities, sometimes far off, but usually much more amazing then it will ever likely turn out. Things always go very differently from how I imagine...

Sometimes I think about things non-people related, like trying to make sense of something in relation to what I already feel is true, or to understand/assimilate something that appears to be a conflict. Or I'll think about people and analyze them from a less imaginative standpoint (emotional puzzles).

Pondering truth and what is good is a big preoccupation for me. I'll often feel that internal turmoil of what I desire emotionally vs. what I know deep down is right.

When I think about the past it tends to be negative or romanticized, and it's usually being analyzed to glean something useful for the future, or to try and understand something/someone.

Okay, I could go on and on, but I'll stop there.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    It's becoming infectious. Spreading like wildfire.

There may be a trend to my daydreams but I have not been aware of it. It's just that the character I am in them is always variant in some way or the other.
    It's kinda funny. INTJ's (as opposed to INTP's) are much more focused and direct. I would have thought a Ne dom would be most likely to have very varying daydreams. And expected a Te dom to have a very strong sense of direction in daydreaming.

Perhaps, because you have a very 'stiff' like mind in the real world (And I say that with all the NT respect I possible can, don't mean it negatively), you compensate in daydreams by 'going loose' a bit?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    They're not as fantastical as slaying dragons, but my daydreams have a good dose of idealism. Something that could happen irl, if real life were ideal.
    Yes, idealism is involved in my daydreams as well. But it's never over the top, it's always sort of controlled, something that can become a reality some time in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Yes, idealism is involved in my daydreams as well. But it's never over the top, it's always sort of controlled, something that can become a reality some time in the future.
    Exactly, mine are controlled but fancifully plausible.

You know, actually mine involve lots of conversations. Conversations that will most likely never happen, but I do that a lot, I play both sides of the conversation.