User Tag List

First 12

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I posted this elsewhere on the forums Big Guy.

This should help.

Three Steps to Silliness.

#1. Reach around behind yourself, firmly grasp stick lodged in rectum.

#2. Pull stick to remove. Warning! Do not twist, you will leave splinters.

#3. Avoid all situations where wooden objects have the propensity to hurl themselves toward your rectum at high speed.

Now. Get out there and be silly.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I've had impulse control issues mainly in my verbal output in the past, not much of anything else. I've let my immature feelings let control of myself in my early-mid 20's every now and then, and I had to deal with it. Very little of that in real life, anymore, or.. I do vent out every now and then, but I've learned to moderate that to the amount that I don't spoil any relationships. Haven't done so in 8 years. Tho, I still let out my angst or whatever on the internets, every now and then. And, that's about everything of my failures to control.

8 years ago, we were on a cruise ship, me and my friends.. my friends lil' sister were interested of me, but I was seeking some other company.. so, we were in the sauna, heavily drinking, and I told how depressive it felt for me to have just my friend's lil' sis on the board, and no women I was interested of. I didn't do it with any style, so it resulted in one disappointed woman, and no more cruises with my friend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I am impulsive in some ways but I don't anymore cause much troubles with it. My motto is "If you can't trust yourself drunk, get a shrink" I know that my rules will keep me from doing anything too bad. Sure, I might break some laws and embarrass myself, but it never goes to hurting people intentionally so I am quite fine with my impulses.

I don't have any real impulse issues like you were talking about, Halla. I do seem to have an impulse problem with marshmallow Santas at the moment, but that is a different story. Typically my impulse issues have been directed at me and not outwards on my environment.

edit:I asked my wife whether I was impulsive and she said I speak impulsively. I think that is code for I say a lot of crap off the top of my head.

edit no. 2:Actually I have been pretty impulsive now that I think about it. Maybe, how impulsive is impulsive and how non impulsive is non impulsiveness?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I wish I was more impulsive.
    But I'm not very impulsive at all.
    My inner desire is to screw everything and jump, but being raised with SJ's all around me has pretty much taught me if I jump I'll get my butt spanked or chewed.
    So my impulsiveness has been cut off.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    My inner desire is to screw everything and jump, but being raised with SJ's all around me has pretty much taught me if I jump I'll get my butt spanked or chewed.
    We should go break laws together and then report ourselves out of guilt.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Hey, Halla

I feel your pain. I am like a girl when upset. Instead of letting my emotions surface so they can be delt with, I bottle them up and sublimate the anxiety into eating. Thats it.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I don't know that I want to draw the line. Maybe I think I shouldn't have to? That's probably my default, but I know that if I do anything too taboo, I'll have to live with the consequences of my actions. Life is about two things: (1) choices, and (2) accountibility. What's taboo in one place, is acceptable in another. I think I'm just tired of having to keep my douchebag-oscope meter reading all the time, just to make sure I don't freak anybody out that already has their panties in a wad, and who could by some twist of fate put me ina an uncomprimising situation because they have authority, and a complex to wield it inappropriately because they had a shitty childhood.
    I think that the two points you made above lead me to what I'll say: Don't change who you are. You seem to have a decent amount of self control as it stands, as your fatherly/husband-geared mind puts your family on equal levels with your own needs. If you do decide something needs to be done for the sake of being yourself and having the impulse to be that way, simply take accountability for it. Afterall, that's all you can do. You can only control who you are so far until you aren't yourself anymore, but a cookie cutter of your environment.

I constantly have to watch for people I will offend as well. I end up seeming more (insert anything here: innocent, rude, bitchy, etc.) than I really am because of the way I end up having to react to people. Sometimes walking on eggshells is just too tiring and draining. When those times come along, I assert more of myself. In the meantime, I 'vent' my personality to the people who are understanding and adore me for it.

Don't get me wrong, the situations as I described above are few and far between, especially since I am older, but they have happened. Factually, anything that is too damn much work, like having to keep tabs on the pros/cons of my self-control efforts is a major chore, bore, and party pooping activity. It seems to me that the whole damn world wants everyone to work their asses off, to death if need be, and not have too much fun about it, because if the client sees people having fun, when they are paying lots of money to have people everywhere working their asses off, then that's obviously a bad thing, and someone has to suffer for it.
    Unfortunately, that is the way it goes. I normally feel more comfortable when I walk into an environment where people are acting more human.. but it's an SJ world and we're just occupying it, ya know? Nothing wrong with playing hard when hard work is getting accomplished. I'm a huge fan of the work-hard-play-hard description.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I believe my lack of impulsiveness was due to my dad's way of raising me. Things like this weren't very rewarded as a kid, so even when I went way off the limb I tended to feel bad for doing it, because I knew it would disappoint my father. It's funny how affected you remain the rest of your life based on situations in childhood, a relatively short time.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I'm coming too!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post

I say we do it. It could be exhilarating
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think the reason I'm not very impulsive in my mind is because I have to learn to be "grown up" because of too many silly string type incidents. Although other people would say I'm impulsive I try to control myself more. It's really not fun!