User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a member of Mensa?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I am SJ

2 1.96%
  • No - I am SJ, but I qualify

2 1.96%
  • Yes - I am SJ

1 0.98%
  • No - I am SP

5 4.90%
  • No - I am SP, but I qualify

5 4.90%
  • Yes - I am SP

0 0%
  • No - I am NT

22 21.57%
  • No - I am NT, but I qualify

28 27.45%
  • Yes - I am NT

2 1.96%
  • No - I am NF

11 10.78%
  • No - I am NF, but I qualify

21 20.59%
  • Yes - I am NF

3 2.94%
12311 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Default Are you a member of MENSA?

"{Mensa} is a non-profit organization open to people who score at the 98th percentile or higher on a standardized, supervised intelligence test."

Here is a list of qualifying scores. No, that one internet IQ test you took doesn't count.

I'll make the poll private so no one has to out themselves, but if you wish to make a post, go ahead.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Looking at the test scores I would have qualified based on SAT scores if I had taken it before '94...but to be honest I don't see the point of a membership. It sounds like a veiled eugenics club.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Looking at the test scores I would have qualified based on SAT scores if I had taken it before '94...but to be honest I don't see the point of a membership. It sounds like a veiled eugenics club.
    I don't know if I would qualify, but even if I did I wouldn't join. Why would I wont to meet up with a bunch of self proclaimed egg heads? THe whole thing looks like an exercise in ego feeding.

P.s. Jock has a fantastic avatar.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm not a mensa member (kind of cos I think it's a bit sad really), but I've scored myself as not qualifying, not because I wouldn't I tend to do very well on IQ tests, but because I've never taken tge mensa qualifier itself.... My dyslexia means I'd get a different qualifying test....

I'm a firm beleiver that you cna be bright and not have a qualification to your name..... Having advanced degrees makes you educated not intellegent, but thats me soap boxing

Phantonym

I don't think that I'll even get to scratch the door to MENSA. I haven't taken any that reliable tests either. But I'd certainly like to be a fly on the wall at MENSA meetings, it might be interesting. Anyway, they're just people like the rest of us. Where there has been given plenty, there might be a lack of something.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Why do I need to pay someone just to tell me how smart I am?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    This is more or less where I sit. My LSAT and ACT scores would gain me entry.

Dad used to be a member. Never really saw the point. The Gifted and Talented program in school used to give us candy bars at our meetings. I don't want to be a part of an organization where I give the candy bars to attend the meetings.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Why do I need to pay someone just to tell me how smart I am?

It's a club, so you'd be paying to party with other people who got a high score.

IQ test results have nothing to do with my interest in a friendship, so I wouldn't join for that reason. Another reason to join is to use it to impress people who are impressed by things like a Mensa membership, but I don't have a reason to want to do that.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    This is more or less where I sit. My LSAT and ACT scores would gain me entry.

Dad used to be a member. Never really saw the point. The Gifted and Talented program in school used to give us candy bars at our meetings. I don't want to be a part of an organization where I give the candy bars to attend the meetings.
    Yeah...there was something called the "Enrichment Program" I was in for school and all we basically did was miss useful things like class to play word games. I can't say it was terribly effective in anything really, other than getting all the other kids mad at us.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post

IQ test results have nothing to do with my interest in a friendship, so I wouldn't join for that reason. Another reason to join is to use it to impress people who are impressed by things like a Mensa membership, but I don't have a reason to want to do that.
    Secure people with qualifying scores don't join.
    Insecure people with qualifying scores do join.