User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a member of Mensa?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I am SJ

2 1.96%
  • No - I am SJ, but I qualify

2 1.96%
  • Yes - I am SJ

1 0.98%
  • No - I am SP

5 4.90%
  • No - I am SP, but I qualify

5 4.90%
  • Yes - I am SP

0 0%
  • No - I am NT

22 21.57%
  • No - I am NT, but I qualify

28 27.45%
  • Yes - I am NT

2 1.96%
  • No - I am NF

11 10.78%
  • No - I am NF, but I qualify

21 20.59%
  • Yes - I am NF

3 2.94%
First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

My only experience with Mensa is through a friend of mine. For some reason a lot of people think that his pushiness/forcefulness makes him dumb. There are always interesting reactions when they try to pair their view of him with their view of Mensans.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post

The closest Mensans get to this is if they ever play a game of Risk or D&D where they make strategic decisions that make sense within the context of the game. You know these are not combined, when have you ever heard of a bunch of Mensans lynching others? You know better than that Jaguar
    And people wonder why I love so many INTJs.
    Ragingkat knew exactly why I posted that image and how it connected directly with your quote.

Let me explain the obvious.

Here's your quote:

"Interesting to see so many people who are passionately against an organization they know almost nothing about personally,
    just because it has an element of exclusion."

Instantaneously I burst out laughing and thought of the KKK.
    Here you are thinking it's "unusual" for people to be passionately against an organization they know nothing about personally,
    and yet millions of people are indeed passionately against an organization such as the KKK.

In other words, yes, you can indeed be passionately against an organization without having personal experience with them.
    Do I need "personal experience" with terrorist organizations to be passionately against them?

Uh, no.

If you still think I was comparing Mensa to the KKK, literally, I don't know how you can call yourself an intuitive.
    Not only can you not connect the dots, you can't even see them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Dagnamit! So does that mean the cross burning is off following the lecture on nanotechnology in medicine?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

^ smart ass.

I qualify, but I don't really see the point of it. And looking at the poll, the other NFs don't either .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm trying to find my old IQ tests but I don't know where they are in my papers. It's funny to see my report cards and other dumb stuff!

MBTI
    INFP

Joined because I heard some girl I hardly knew call me "ditzy". It made me feel better (even if I am a ditz to her), and haven't been to even one meeting or told many people since. You all don't count because you don't know who I am, right?

Hmmm...Maybe I am a ditz, though...Showed up to work with two different shoes on once...:blushing:

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My GRE scores qualify at 1920. Fortunately I took it during the years it included the Analytic section which was my high score at the 92 percentile. Language was my lowest score. I wouldn't care to join necessarily for myself, but there might be a way to work it into a resume' because my field is competitive beyond much hope. I think any external validation on paper can't hurt.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

"Interesting to see so many people who are passionately against an organization they know almost nothing about personally,
    just because it has an element of exclusion."

In other words, yes, you can indeed be passionately against an organization without having personal experience with them.
    Do I need "personal experience" with terrorist organizations to be passionately against them?

If you still think I was comparing Mensa to the KKK, literally, I don't know how you can call yourself an intuitive.
    Not only can you not connect the dots, you can't even see them.
    My observation was an expression that people did not have knowledge, but were so willing to judge. For the sake of the OP or any discussion, it's usually an encouraged thing for people to brush up on a topic. My observation had nothing to do with having experience, it had to do with information they had gathered instead of taking the second/third/fourth hand information passed by others. Ignorance is a leading cause in conflict, wilful ignorance is even worse. I would want someone to call me out if I were speaking about a subject that I did not put any effort into understanding.

Using your terrorist analogy, do I know that there are organizations who cause disruption and fear to create the chaos necessary for their other goals? Absolutely. Do I research them before I speak about them with other people? Absolutely.

Also, your last line mirrors your signature very well. I am amused temporarily, but mostly bored.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    INFP

I use it on my resume, and yes, it does help. My hiring manager for my current position was a member, so at least it got me noticed. It can't hurt (well, maybe a little on here).