User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a member of Mensa?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I am SJ

2 1.96%
  • No - I am SJ, but I qualify

2 1.96%
  • Yes - I am SJ

1 0.98%
  • No - I am SP

5 4.90%
  • No - I am SP, but I qualify

5 4.90%
  • Yes - I am SP

0 0%
  • No - I am NT

22 21.57%
  • No - I am NT, but I qualify

28 27.45%
  • Yes - I am NT

2 1.96%
  • No - I am NF

11 10.78%
  • No - I am NF, but I qualify

21 20.59%
  • Yes - I am NF

3 2.94%
First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    What are the qualifications. I glanced at that site and had a test score that worked, is it more than that? Someone else find out.
    Reading other's posts is bad for your health. DON'T DO IT!!!!11!

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Grammar or Spelling fascism is looked down on in these kind of forums (well by me at least). Despite this I am enjoying your fresh outlooks.
    Clarify please? I'm still not a native speaker.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Not half as suspicious as I am of green hematomas.
    You need to learn to trust more, Jaguar. Hematomas are your friends!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Well so far you didn't say anything new... If you are to say we know almost nothing about the organisation it would be preferred if you gave us something new about it to chew on.
    Huh. And here I thought you were an independent human being who had access to the internet who could do their own research and answer their own questions. Please forgive me for not knowing it was my responsibility to educate and enlighten you. I shall go sit in the corner and cry now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The closest Mensans get to this is if they ever play a game of Risk or D&D where they make strategic decisions that make sense within the context of the game. You know these are not combined, when have you ever heard of a bunch of Mensans lynching others? You know better than that Jaguar

And just because I feel so heartbroken that people are sad, the main focus of Mensa (or any organization) cannot be found only in their mission statement. Anyone who has studied organizations or businesses know that the purpose of the mission statement is just to sum up the organization succinctly for greater ease of self definition. The most open and expansive they are, the greater flexibility the directors have with innovation, and you can imagine the opposite effect of a very specific statement.

What Mensa does truly offer is an expansive network of people who are passionate about learning. While some members may use it to increase their own personal perception, the actions of the group are seen in studying education and trying to create better strategies for more holistic education across all levels of learning. Additionally, it creates a community for those people that have always felt secluded or isolated because of the social conflicts created by a staggering disparity in intelligence. If you want a group to focus on bringing people together for something else (like EQ or _____________ intelligence) take initiative! The world is your oyster!!
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    Huh. And here I thought you were an independent human being who had access to the internet who could do their own research and answer their own questions. Please forgive me for not knowing it was my responsibility to educate and enlighten you. I shall go sit in the corner and cry now.
    Awww, and here I thought it wasn't normal to state to an entire thread that they're wrong without providing any backup info and expecting all of them to search it up by themselves.
    And umm, I never asked any questions.

Additionally, it creates a community for those people that have always felt secluded or isolated because of the social conflicts created by a staggering disparity in intelligence.
    I've rarely experienced social conflicts created by "a staggering disparity in intelligence". Also, an IQ around 130-150 is not uncommon, and no reason for social isolation in itself. Geniuses with an IQ of 180 or 200, that's a special case. They have Prometheus, Glia, OiaM, GigaSoc and whatnot.

If you want a group to focus on bringing people together for something else (like EQ or _____________ intelligence) take initiative! The world is your oyster!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Awww, and here I thought it wasn't normal to state to an entire thread that they're wrong without providing any backup info and expecting all of them to search it up by themselves.
    And umm, I never asked any questions.
    This is what happens when you passively expect others to do research for you.

The worst and saddest of Yahoo! Answers - Geekologie

And I wasn't saying the entire thread was wrong, I was commenting that I found the way people were responding to the OP interesting, it was not at all what I had expected. I didn't think something like Mensa would have this kind of effect on a community like TypeC.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Eh, doesn't seem to be too awful of a response. At least it didn't start the "IQ isn't real!!!1111!!!!!!111" discussion too strongly.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm a member of MENSA too!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

This is what happens when you passively expect others to do research for you.

The worst and saddest of Yahoo! Answers - Geekologie

And I wasn't saying the entire thread was wrong, I was commenting that I found the way people were responding to the OP interesting, it was not at all what I had expected. I didn't think something like Mensa would have this kind of effect on a community like TypeC.
    I see. But it is to be expected that the people of typeC would bash any sort of organisation that they feel might insult their intelligence in any way.

Also, interesting link you provided.