User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a member of Mensa?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I am SJ

2 1.96%
  • No - I am SJ, but I qualify

2 1.96%
  • Yes - I am SJ

1 0.98%
  • No - I am SP

5 4.90%
  • No - I am SP, but I qualify

5 4.90%
  • Yes - I am SP

0 0%
  • No - I am NT

22 21.57%
  • No - I am NT, but I qualify

28 27.45%
  • Yes - I am NT

2 1.96%
  • No - I am NF

11 10.78%
  • No - I am NF, but I qualify

21 20.59%
  • Yes - I am NF

3 2.94%
First 1234513 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    TC doens't do any of the things I said mensa did...

I don't see it as a knocking shop... but maybe there is a cattle market going on I dont' see.

I don't see loads of members sitting around moaning because their bosses wont listen to them/promote them

And it's not eletist, there is no rules to joining... therefore although the site will attract people who are interested in MBTI (a subject), it is not intellegence means tested).

So I'd say the two things are fundementally not the same at all..

Whats your point?
    Really?

There's no people here
    • lacking social skills
    • trying to get laid and
    • sitting around moaning about why people...don't value their super human intellegence...

I present my first piece of evidence: The NT Rationale - Typology Central

Your test is having the right type combination in that cutsy little box under your name, but if you don't it's kinda OK because you're not like the one's "I know." Even more basically your test is simply taking any form of the MBTI.

Do a search on the forum with keywords MBTI and intelligence or just browse the archives. Peruse the online personality tests section and look at the IQ tests with people proudly beaming of their 120+ IQ according to OKCupid. People here are pretty elitist in their thinking.

How many people here complain of being misunderstood by the plebeians around them, unable to relate due to whatever causes and reasons. I see you often complaining of your coworkers and how they're just not with it the way you are.

I never claimed these things are fundamentally the same, but I do see many similarities between some members here and what you said about MENSA members.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Mensa or Mesa ? Nevertheless I has it
    You don't menstruate, and you know it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^true, but at least we don't pay $ membership dues...yet
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I never claimed these things are fundamentally the same, but I do see many similarities between some members here and what you said about MENSA members.
    Ah my view of TC is different than yours

I do take your point about lots of people doing IQ tests on the IQ part of the forum, but MBTI is a psycoligcal testing, so will attract people who are interested in that area... or they wouldn't be here.. It doens't prevent people from joinging or foster eletisim around people's IQs.

I beleive Mensa is pretty off-the-scale in what I said about... to the extent that what I wrote, plus doing IQ puzzels is ALL they do (according to a former collegue who was a member for a while... he said it was god damned awaful).

I do see how you are seeing parallels, but personally speaking, knowing the extent Mensa suffers from those behaviours (and it may just be a localised issue with Mensa - but I don't beleive that), I'd say that 80% of what is chatted about in here (TC) is different from what happens in Mensa...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I beleive Mensa is pretty off-the-scale in what I said about... to the extent that what I wrote, plus doing IQ puzzels is ALL they do (according to a former collegue who was a member for a while... he said it was god damned awaful).
    Not all they do.

They have mixers. And do wine tasting. They try to cultivate a cultured social experience...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Not all they do.

They have mixers. And do wine tasting. They try to cultivate a cultured social experience...
    hmmmmmmmm I wonder which one of my behaviours described above those are aimed at... Booty calls!

LOL I may be over egging, but from what I gather it really is heavily skewed in those directions

Yes, I am a member of Mensa (though I've failed to pay for last year's membership).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Secure people with qualifying scores don't join.
    Insecure people with qualifying scores do join.
    ^ True. Mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    It sounds like a veiled eugenics club.
    I wish it would be...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Yes, I am a member of Mensa (though I've failed to pay for last year's membership).
    You should give those w/o direct experience more of a read on the goings-on.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    You should give those w/o direct experience more of a read on the goings-on.
    yes some of us may have skewed views.... LOL

Do share

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post

^ True. Mostly.

I wish it would be...
    Having an IQ of 130 or more seems to be the (approximate) bar you have to hop over to get in.

Is that about right?