User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a member of Mensa?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I am SJ

    2 1.96%
  • No - I am SJ, but I qualify

    2 1.96%
  • Yes - I am SJ

    1 0.98%
  • No - I am SP

    5 4.90%
  • No - I am SP, but I qualify

    5 4.90%
  • Yes - I am SP

    0 0%
  • No - I am NT

    22 21.57%
  • No - I am NT, but I qualify

    28 27.45%
  • Yes - I am NT

    2 1.96%
  • No - I am NF

    11 10.78%
  • No - I am NF, but I qualify

    21 20.59%
  • Yes - I am NF

    3 2.94%
First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 152

  1. #11
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    It's a club, so you'd be paying to party with other people who got a high score.


    IQ test results have nothing to do with my interest in a friendship, so I wouldn't join for that reason. Another reason to join is to use it to impress people who are impressed by things like a Mensa membership, but I don't have a reason to want to do that.
    Ahhh, indeed.

    I think the bolded is probably the reason to join for many people.

  2. #12
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I don't think that I'll even get to scratch the door to MENSA. I haven't taken any that reliable tests either. But I'd certainly like to be a fly on the wall at MENSA meetings, it might be interesting. Anyway, they're just people like the rest of us. Where there has been given plenty, there might be a lack of something.
    Persumably it's a bunch of people lacking social skills trying to get laid and sitting around moaning about why people at work don't value their super human intellegence...smacks of bitter and twisted....

  3. #13
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Mensa or Mesa ? Nevertheless I has it

    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #14
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Mensa or Mesa ? Nevertheless I has it

    Why do all my base always belong to that guy?

  5. #15
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Pfft. No.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  6. #16
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    I'm not a member and I'm not sure if I would qualify. I assume I would have as a 20 something but I'm concerned that my IQ (or mensa test taking abilities) has lowered since then!

    I'm not sure if I qualify, I'm NF and stoopid.

    Do you have that option?

    Oh, my ACT score would qualify. I didn't read to see if you need anything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Dad used to be a member. Never really saw the point. The Gifted and Talented program in school used to give us candy bars at our meetings. I don't want to be a part of an organization where I give the candy bars to attend the meetings.
    See, my gifted program I actually really enjoyed although the teacher couldn't stand me - dang ENFP in gifted education. My SJ parents pulled me out in junior high when the class started teaching values clarification. The group ended up doing all these cool things in high school and I wasn't allowed to 'rejoin'

    Everyone has it out for me.

  7. #17
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Persumably it's a bunch of people lacking social skills trying to get laid and sitting around moaning about why people at work don't value their super human intellegence...smacks of bitter and twisted....
    How is it any different from this place?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  8. #18
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    How is it any different from this place?


    Nice dude...

    Real nice...

  9. #19
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    How is it any different from this place?
    TC doens't do any of the things I said mensa did...

    I don't see it as a knocking shop... but maybe there is a cattle market going on I dont' see.

    I don't see loads of members sitting around moaning because their bosses wont listen to them/promote them

    And it's not eletist, there is no rules to joining... therefore although the site will attract people who are interested in MBTI (a subject), it is not intellegence means tested).

    So I'd say the two things are fundementally not the same at all..


    Whats your point?

  10. #20
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    INTPc ^?

Similar Threads

  1. Are you a member of Perc?
    By kotoshinohaisha in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 02:29 AM
  2. What are you subconsciously afraid of ?
    By RedAmazoneFriendZone in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-25-2016, 10:49 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 05:40 AM
  4. If you are a teacher, are you sometimes proud of your students?
    By Blackmail! in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 01:51 PM
  5. Which gay clique are you a member of?
    By UniqueMixture in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO