User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Any Canadians know of a decade that was far more suck than 00's?

I'm not well read on Canadian history so it's be very interesting.

MBTI
    IsTP

I think I'll remember the 00's as the better years. Why? Cause i'm frikkin young, 15-25 in the decade, had a lot of fun, made a lot of mistakes. Overall I think I came out of the decade ahead.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    This decade was my growing up decade, so it will probably be the one I identify most with even when I am older. Being a kid for the first 7 years of the decade, I did not pay attention to most worldly happenings (probably should've avoided this thread). Anyway:

Television? started to lose interest in. Reality shows. Enough said.

Art? I am an artist, but I really didn't pay much attention as far as this goes. Although a lot of films and music influenced me, CGI and technology are obviously making ideas more a part of reality.

Music? the decade in which I refined my musical tastes, although they are somewhat obscure so it does not reflect popularized music and radio (most of which is shit).

Movies? Some great movies came out, but I'm not a movie goer so I only saw a handful of them.

Internet? Best thing ever.

The Government not having any clothes? huh

+1 for all, haha
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

It's been all rosy for me.

For my little corner of the globe things have been pretty sweet, mostly bumber economic times and avoided much of the worst of the global recession. We've had Lord of the Rings mania and it's associated economic benefits, Flight of the Conchords, local music has really blossomed and is dominating the mainstream radio like never before. The growth of the internet means we're no longer as isolated as we once were. The All Blacks have been dominant for large parts of the decade. No terrorism. Stable and fairly well supported governance. No major natural disasters.

This message was brought to you by the New Zealand Tourism and Immigration agencies.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I love Flight of the Conchords

hmm...me thinks Canada and New Zealand etc possibly had a much better societal decade vs. the US.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I love Flight of the Conchords

hmm...me thinks Canada and New Zealand etc possibly had a much better societal decade vs. the US.
    That seems pretty obvious. This has been an extremely bad decade for the USA in comparison to many other nations. The globally relative power and and living quality of the USA has been on the decline.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    That seems pretty obvious. This has been an extremely bad decade for the USA in comparison to many other nations. The globally relative power and and living quality of the USA has been on the decline.
    Not to take it "lightly", but it often seems that the US response to 9/11 was a gazillion times more suck ass than the actual event.

Self-destructed our own societal good time vs. scaling a response that was more considerate of economics and people who meant us no harm?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Not to take it "lightly", but it often seems that the US response to 9/11 was a gazillion times more suck ass than the actual event.

Self-destructed our own societal good time vs. scaling a response that was more considerate of economics and people who meant us no harm?
    I'm hardly talking about 9/11. Though I agree that the way we handled it was more damaging than the event itself.

But there was plenty of bad news for the USA that had little or nothing to do with that series of events.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Yes, the US has been on a decline both domestically and as a global presence.

Globalization has had a huge impact and the US had become more of a 'consuming' vs. 'producing' economy. Running about servicing debt eventually becomes impossible in absence of something that adds value others can trade for.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

The worst decade financially for my husband and me in the 35 years we've been married, and with us getting older, it's not lookin' too good for the 10's either.

We've lost a lot of family and friends during this decade as well. May they R.I.P.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~