MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Default Ebook readers

Does anybody have one?
    If so, do you use it regularly, and do you like it? (In comparison to real books, that is.)
    I'm currently thinking whether to buy one myself after Christmas (well, I'm 80% sure I will thb, specifically a Sony PRS300).

That went quick - 200th post already !
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    ENTP

This post scares me ridgid, I love book, I love their smell, the feel of them in my hands, the differernce between a well loves chewed book and an new one that you are making virgin path through, I simply love books... small ones, big ones, hard back and soft backs...

Electronic books scare me, electronics are taking over the world, but I really don't want to loose the paper thing...

Thought about down loading a reader programme to your mobile? Saves carrying around a electronic book and a phone (persumably women look for tech that meets multiple uses, guys will happy buy additional gadgets)...

Sorry if you want one do it - personally, it worrys me that I wont get book shops to brows in ... sigh

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    Does anybody have one?
    If so, do you use it regularly, and do you like it? (In comparison to real books, that is.)
    I'm currently thinking whether to buy one myself after Christmas (well, I'm 80% sure I will thb, specifically a Sony PRS300).

That went quick - 200th post already !
    I am getting one after Christmas(the prices are set to go down some as well). I also like the Sony but I am reading good stuff about the Nook too. My main criteria was if I could read it laying down in bed. I really love to read and this is a whole lot better than 3-4 paperbacks in my purse.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I've tried one, but I was slightly disappointed: pages "turn" really slowly, 3 seconds, it's really a lot when the text is large
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

I have a Kindle. I loved it a lot at first. But, now it's just another thing I use. I still read paper books but I also use the Kindle regularly. I especially like reading my Kindle books in bed on my iPhone, in the dark. I like having the option for both Kindle and paper books. I like taking the Kindle with me when I travel and if I buy a book I buy the ebook version. But, if I can get stuff at the library on hold I do that instead. That's how I do it.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Electronic books scare me, electronics are taking over the world, but I really don't want to loose the paper thing...

Thought about down loading a reader programme to your mobile? Saves carrying around a electronic book and a phone (persumably women look for tech that meets multiple uses, guys will happy buy additional gadgets)...

Sorry if you want one do it - personally, it worrys me that I wont get book shops to brows in ... sigh
    I'm not worried that dead tree editions will die out in the near future I really like paper books (though many people seem to be much more attached to them than I am) - I just think an ebook reader is a nice addition. I have a lot of PDFs on my notebook I'd really like to read, but the screen strains my eyes after a while (plus I can't get myself into a comfortable reading position like I can with a book or a reader).
    Reading them on my mobile isn't a real option (2" display - no iPhone or something like that; sometimes I can hardly read my own text messages).
    And yes, I really like when my gadgets can only do one particular thing. I've never been fond of all that multifunctional stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I am getting one after Christmas(the prices are set to go down some as well). I also like the Sony but I am reading good stuff about the Nook too. My main criteria was if I could read it laying down in bed. I really love to read and this is a whole lot better than 3-4 paperbacks in my purse.
    The Nook looks very nice, but I think it's a bit too much for my ever tight budget (but I'll tell a friend of mine, I think he'll love it). And I never go anywhere without my shoulderbag, which is always stuffed with books A reader would definitely come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I have a Kindle. I loved it a lot at first. But, now it's just another thing I use. I still read paper books but I also use the Kindle regularly. I especially like reading my Kindle books in bed on my iPhone, in the dark. I like having the option for both Kindle and paper books. I like taking the Kindle with me when I travel and if I buy a book I buy the ebook version. But, if I can get stuff at the library on hold I do that instead. That's how I do it.
    The Kindle isn't a real option for me - it's ugly, it's from Amazon and it's simply too large with a lot of unnecessary stuff (i.e. the buttons which I wouldn't use anyway). But yeah, I don't mean it to replace the books I have at all - it's just a nice supplement, and there's too much interesting stuff I the library I'd miss anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I've tried one, but I was slightly disappointed: pages "turn" really slowly, 3 seconds, it's really a lot when the text is large
    The one I've tried in the store (Sony PRS-600 I think) turned quicker (a bit less than it takes a "real" page to turn). Another drawback might be weird line breaks when the text is in .txt format, though they can be easily converted into PDF files (though they're considerably larger).
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-