User Tag List

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Fans of Post Secret

Dont know if there's been a thread on this topic before, if there has this one can get dumped or deleted.

I'm always checking it each week and like similar books or projects, I bought the found book recently although it was crap, any other fans on here?

I love it! A few of the images I conjured up for the TypeC matchmaking threads were "post secrets".

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

LOVES POST SECRET!!

What if we started our own TypeC post secret project?
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    INFP

I really love the site. I check it religiously every Sunday.

The one that really tugged my heartstrings this week is the one that says:

Goal in Life:
    Make a lot of money. [Crossed out.]
    Impress people. [Crossed out.]
    Be a hero. [Crossed out.]
    Help more people than I've hurt

You can do a post secret here. I've seen them done before where they are all PMed to a trusted member that WILL NOT tell. Sometimes it is a regular member or a member of staff. They post all the secrets in one thread [ONLY secrets] and there is another thread for discussion in general. No names are mentioned. Sometimes help/advice is offered in a very general way and a healthy back and forth is offered based on the content of secrets. [Depending on the population of the forum sometimes this has to be heavily moderated for flamers/trolls, but it can be a really amazing experience for good forums.]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I was really into it for a while, but I've been getting bored with it recently. I have the first four books, but I don't like the new one very much.

I still check it every week, but I'm not nearly as fascinated as I once was. The secrets start to sound similar after a couple years.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I was really into it for a while, but I've been getting bored with it recently. I have the first four books, but I don't like the new one very much. I still check it every week, but I'm not nearly as fascinated as I once was. The secrets start to sound similar after a couple years.
    I stopped checking it a few months back.

I think it was a great idea and helpful to people who feel very alone, but yes, after awhile, I got my fill... it does all start to bleed together.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft