User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Yea! Its done!

  1. #11
    Senior Member One Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    212

    Default

    I'm broke so I can't buy presents.

    On the other hand, my parents pretty much ask what I want for Christmas so they don't have to bother with the guessing game. Loses the surprise factor but at least I get what I want (which usually just consist of 1 - 2 video games and nothing else).

  2. #12
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    YEA!

    My Christmas shopping is done (although there are food shops to be done), the pressies are all in, needing a bit of wrapping but hey no more ques.

    I actually managed to get up-sold a book today, I'd picked up a book and the lass at the till said how good it was and asked if I'd read the prevous book which I hadn't and then I thought hell might as well.

    Anyone else done yet?
    I have one more thing being delivered Monday. I'm hoping ENFJ man plans to be at the office all day because I'll never be able to hide this gift before I wrap it. Aside from that, I've been done for a couple weeks.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Yes and No. (since I am not buying anything to anyone)
    Wow, how did you manage to escape that? I've been trying to look for an out, endless negotiating with my family about skipping the gift part. But it seems to be really important to them that I participate. I tried to discourage the whole idea by wishing for toilet paper, when they asked me. I'd much rather spend time with my family without the whole running around trying to find gifts for everybody, seems so unnecessary, especially since no one in my family is under the age of 16. Whatever we want we can buy for ourselves. Also, they don't know what they want for Christmas. I ask: how the hell do you expect me to know?!

  4. #14
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    I was all done however i gave a bottle of M&S wine (supposed to be a secret santa gift) to my father and wife .. So now i need to buy another one ..

    This year is the first where i haven't stressed at all .. I am still not in the xmas spirit .. Oh well.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  5. #15
    Head Pigeon Mad Hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    My parents will probably get a home-made CD ... I do the shopping only after Christmas (hope to get a discount). Plus, stores too awfully crowded right now.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

    -τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

  6. #16
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Most people's shopping isn't done, since the busiest shopping day of the year is actually... Christmas Eve.

  7. #17
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Wow, how did you manage to escape that? I've been trying to look for an out, endless negotiating with my family about skipping the gift part. But it seems to be really important to them that I participate. I tried to discourage the whole idea by wishing for toilet paper, when they asked me. I'd much rather spend time with my family without the whole running around trying to find gifts for everybody, seems so unnecessary, especially since no one in my family is under the age of 16. Whatever we want we can buy for ourselves. Also, they don't know what they want for Christmas. I ask: how the hell do you expect me to know?!
    How ?

    This is a carefully planned image over the years so no one is expecting anything form me anymore.

  8. #18
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I have one more thing being delivered Monday. I'm hoping ENFJ man plans to be at the office all day because I'll never be able to hide this gift before I wrap it. Aside from that, I've been done for a couple weeks.
    Spoken like a J type - RESPECT!

  9. #19
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Wow, how did you manage to escape that? I've been trying to look for an out, endless negotiating with my family about skipping the gift part. But it seems to be really important to them that I participate. I tried to discourage the whole idea by wishing for toilet paper, when they asked me. I'd much rather spend time with my family without the whole running around trying to find gifts for everybody, seems so unnecessary, especially since no one in my family is under the age of 16. Whatever we want we can buy for ourselves. Also, they don't know what they want for Christmas. I ask: how the hell do you expect me to know?!
    LOL funny.... Can we skip it this year, can we??? LOL


    It's as important to have a nice Christmas when you are not a child too

  10. #20
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I was all done however i gave a bottle of M&S wine (supposed to be a secret santa gift) to my father and wife .. So now i need to buy another one ..

    This year is the first where i haven't stressed at all .. I am still not in the xmas spirit .. Oh well.
    Lovin that...

Similar Threads

  1. What exactly did the Snowden leaks reveal, and what good has it done?
    By baccheion in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 01:00 PM
  2. We have done it, it was predicted by many, LIFE ON MARS
    By Risen in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 09:45 PM
  3. Being a child. Done that. Been there. What to think of it?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 12:20 PM
  4. Reversing Self-Neglect - Have You Done It?
    By Gloriana in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 07:41 PM
  5. Organization, how do you get it done? (Ps welcome)
    By raz in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 02:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO