User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

stuff I take too late at night when I have insomnia. After waiting hours finally kicks in at 3:30 am and makes me groggy during the day.

Works pretty good for me as a decongestant

PS. So if you take too much you will trip balls? How much does and is there any upside to the trip? Sounds pretty gross; think would try DMX before I would try that.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Cheap, popular, non-prescription medicine. Next I think of bee stings, and teary red-eyed allergies, because those are the only reasons I need Benadryl. I like that shade of red, too.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    doesn't ambien also turn you into a mindless zombie?
    Oh, that's not called being a mindless zombie. It's called sleeping.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    PS. So if you take too much you will trip balls? How much does and is there any upside to the trip? Sounds pretty gross; think would try DMX before I would try that.
    Yeah DMX has some good albums. But DXM is better than benadryl, your right. No real upsides to the trip, minus interesting visuals, sometimes delirium. Some people like it though, and report euphoria.

Both really crappy drugs as far as recreation goes though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yeah DMX has some good albums. But DXM is better than benadryl, your right. No real upsides to the trip, minus interesting visuals, sometimes delirium. Some people like it though, and report euphoria.

Both really crappy drugs as far as recreation goes though.
    lol, you caught me at a dyslexic moment. Regardless, thanks for quick comparison summary.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    What do you mean "what do you see"? I see a Benadryl bottle.
    This.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Curious.

Benadryl is allergy medicine in a white plastic bottle.

Diphenhydramine is actually the first psychotropic drug ever used.

It was administered to institutionalized psychiatric patients in France over a hundred years ago.

The high dosages given to the patients sedated them and made them easier to manage.

Approximately 1 in 100 people is effected adversely by diphenhydramine in that instead of sedating them, it makes them tachycardic. My friend's wife has this issue. No Tylenol PM for her. Ambien only.

Diphenhydramine is a very effective antihistamine. It is not qas widely used these days because of its propensity to cause drowsiness in those using it for allergies. Thus, Claritin and Zyrtec have gained significant market share in the antihistamine market.

Diphenhydramine is sold as "Benadryl", also is in "Tylenol PM", and in "Unisom" sleep tablets.

Besides sleep issues and allergies (rhinitis, itchy eyes, etc.) diphenhydramine can also be used to stay off sever allergic reactions (e.g. sweeling of uvula, onset of hives, etc.). a 100 mg dose of diphenhydramine taken at the time a severe allergic reaction is detected can be a life saver.

At the Emergency Room, when I have had allergic reactions in the past, the nurse shot me up with two different medications: (1) epinephrine (adrenaline), and (2) Diphenhydramine (huge dose). The adrenaline knocks out the allergic reaction immediately, and the diphenhydramine acts as an insurance policy against it setting back in the next few hours.

Taking diphenhydramine for insomnia will result in you going to sleep quicker, but you will wake up earlier than you would have without taking it. Also, diphenhydramine has a tendency to cause dry mouth in some people, and also causes "munchies" in others when they do wake up after having used it as a sleep aid.

Any other questions about diphenhydramine?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    What do you mean "what do you see"? I see a Benadryl bottle.
    ...yeah... Unless I'm hallucinating, then I might see a bottle full of snakes or something.

brainheart

I ask because black cat used it as an example to describe Se in his video he made about ISFP. He said Se sees a Benadryl bottle. I said I saw not only the bottle of Benadryl, but also a flower vase, a potential robot eye and little Benadryl pills climbing out of the bottle because they are revolting because they don't want to be just about making people drowsy or removing allergy symptoms any more.

So that's why I was curious. Because all of you, regardless of type, have pretty much stuck to the point of what Benadryl is. But perhaps that's because I didn't phrase it properly...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I ask because black cat used it as an example to describe Se in his video he made about ISFP. He said Se sees a Benadryl bottle. I said I saw not only the bottle of Benadryl, but also a flower vase, a potential robot eye and little Benadryl pills climbing out of the bottle because they are revolting because they don't want to be just about making people drowsy or removing allergy symptoms any more.

So that's why I was curious. Because all of you, regardless of type, have pretty much stuck to the point of what Benadryl is. But perhaps that's because I didn't phrase it properly...

I am telling you. You Ss need to go back to eStonia.

PS. Just kiding I love Ss but you gotta admit that one was kinda out there.:crazy: Prolly more of your P talking anyways?