User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually I did an alignment test and came out as Lawful Good just now.

Thinking about it, though I'm no more law abiding than I used to be... well, actually yeah, I am quite a lot more than I used to be, but still no angel... I do believe in the concept of law and order, as opposed to chaos.

I mean, lack of law means anarchy, which could mean my stuff gets stolen and broken. I'd rather live in a society that has a strong rule of law than one that has no law. But by the same token, that doesn't mean I respect or abide by any or all laws.

This website I read once, I recall, talked about how a character being of Lawful alignment doesn't necessarily mean that they're law abiding, and they might well fight to overthrow and replace the existing order with one they believe is better.

When it's put that way, I can go for me being lawful more easily.

How about adding to the Fe abilities, that they can raise the target's charisma level if they want to, like if their ally has more knowledge about something than they do, and they need to persuade someone but the Fe character doesn't know the facts, they could sorta big up their ally before they start their speech so everyone will listen to them more.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    *cough cough no way cough cough splutter wheeze*

We must conduct a test:
    Here, hold this Lawful Good platinum +3 toothpick named Tweezlepik (with the additional powers to speak French and Swahili and scrub pots without scratching the no-stick bottoms) and we shall see if you take 50d6 in holy damage.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    *cough cough no way cough cough splutter wheeze*

We must conduct a test:
    Here, hold this Lawful Good platinum +3 toothpick named Tweezlepik (with the additional powers to speak French and Swahili and scrub pots without scratching the no-stick bottoms) and we shall see if you take 50d6 in holy damage.
    LOL! I resemble that remark!!

Heheh, no seriously though, I've lived under a Rule for the last three years and found it very fulfilling and beneficial. I have no problem really, respecting rules and laws - as long as they make sense. I can appear to be very 'chaotic' in the RPG sense because I quite cavalierly disregard rules and laws a lot of the time. But it's not because I don't respect the concept of law - I just don't respect those laws, because they don't make sense, and I believe that following them actually defeats the object of why they were initially created - usually the case in old laws that have outlived their purpose. If it comes to a choice between either the law or the good, I'll choose the good every time, and try to get the law changed.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Te: Instant strategy. Evoking this ability, an attempt is made to utilize all the party's abilities and all the resources to support the decision. The decision can be defended as the "best" decision by the decision maker with a base chance of 80% certainty. Prequisites: 1 fact. Will diminish other party member's intellectual input by 80%, and new facts contary to the strategy have a 50% chance of being missed. Additionally, evoking this ability will cancel all the existing plans not recognized by the evoker, if successfull.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah, chaotic neutral for me.

Hmm...the Fe capacities listed seem much more useful then the Fi ones. I wonder if there would be anything related to converting people for Fi.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Yeah, chaotic neutral for me.

Hmm...the Fe capacities listed seem much more useful then the Fi ones. I wonder if there would be anything related to converting people for Fi.
    Well... I've had more experience with Fe, and I can barely use Fi at all.

We would probably be enemies, because I'm Lawful Neutral. The fact that I'm Lawful Neutral might explain my unusual lack of Fi, despite having good Fe and some Ti.

But I do agree that conversion would be related to them. It does seem like it might be easier for them to have strong faith in something. My values usually come about out of a desire to coexist peacefully and happily with others, and ensure that I can be easily understood by others. It also gives me a fairly orderly way of relating to people, which is important when you're a J, and can't deal with too much rapid fluctuation without stress. Fi is emotion/faith for it's own sake, which doesn't make quite as much sense to me. If it isn't related to how people relate to you, then what exactly is it for? I don't get it.

I think that an attempt at conversion should have a similar effect on attributes to the "Resolute Values" ability. That's kind of what the strong, personal, esoteric values of Fi seem like to me, mainly because they seem so strong/resolute about them, but they make no sense to me.

MBTI
    INTJ

To me, Fi seems more personalized...abilities that could be applied to specific group members, rather than the entire group. Less effecient, but if you had a varying group that wouldn't react well to an overall Fe approach....
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think The Alyx Vance is an ISTP.

(Good luck, Dr. Freeman! Be adequate!)

MBTI
    ENTJ

Ti abilities:

Infer Properties: With this ability, the player may infer new and hidden properties of plants for alchemy and objects for crafting without needing to test them. Downside: creations have a .10 chance of remaining unfinished and partially functional.

Access Knowledge: The player may combine known spells and create new ones. Downside: increases the chances by .08 that the player must leave the party to an isolated location to recharge, negatively impacting the attitude of all Exxx members and rendering him unavailable for an amount of days proportional to the amount of spells created (1d6 days per spell).

Piss off authority: This fantastical feat lets the player gain a 3d33 %chance of instilling Uncontrollable Rage in any enemy boss, which makes him attack anything in the perimeter including his own minions. Downside: does not work if player is muted by spell and increases by 4d10 the amount of melee damage of the boss.

Fe abilities:

Diplomacy: This feat gives added dialogue options that enable to avoid combat situations with enemies while getting 4d25% of the XP. Downside: .15 chance of being affected by Bullshiter effect, reducing trust of all party members.

Charm: This ability gives the player the power to control enemy creatures by seducing them in an advanced state of trance. Downside: surviving enemies get infused with a state of anger giving them a 6d10 bonus to long range attacks.

Create harmony: The player grants all party members with 4d12 bonus to attack, AC, saving throws and Get Laid ability. Downside: increases chances by .25 of Group Think occurring, leading the party to be strategically hindered and suffering doom.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'm trying to come up with abilities that are fair and balanced within game mechanics. So far this is what I've come up with:

ENTP - At the end of every adventure the ENTP causes all of the other party members (both PC and NPC) to die, so that the ENTP gets all of the group's treasure and experience.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com