User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 111

  1. #61
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I HATE the phrase "It is what it is." That really means nothing at all.
    Sure it does - "there's no point in pretending it is or forcing it to be something different than what it is; simply accept it for what it is."

  2. #62
    Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    So the quote is indicating the time in which I see the chocolate and cut it open?
    Yeah. What if I put a bomb in it? Flavouring is just one of the many things I can put in that chocolate. Typical, but I could always put something else in it.

  3. #63
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    If the flavour is one of four, then it is predictable because eventually you will pick the desired flavour!...
    It's predictable to an extent. I can predict that the flavor will be one of many (I only listed four possibilities, but in actuality, chocolate assortments have tons of flavors), but I can't predict which one it will most certainly be, thus the unpredictability. I can say the same about essentially all things in life. There is a degree of predictability, but there is also a degree of unpredictability as well.

  4. #64
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    I don't know why you expect anything a mentally handicapped man with a heart of gold says to be 100% accurate.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  5. #65
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't know why you expect anything a mentally handicapped man with a heart of gold says to be 100% accurate.
    But his mama said it! Every knows that mama knows best!

  6. #66
    THREADKILLER Prototype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    It's predictable to an extent. I can predict that the flavor will be one of many (I only listed four possibilities, but in actuality, chocolate assortments have tons of flavors), but I can't predict which one it will most certainly be, thus the unpredictability. I can say the same about essentially all things in life. There is a degree of predictability, but there is also a degree of unpredictability as well.
    What is your desired flavour?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

  7. #67
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    What is your desired flavour?
    The one that is most capable of surprising me in that moment

  8. #68
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,594

    Default

    "Take a hike" or
    "Go fly a kite"

    As derogatory phrases it makes no sense. Both are rather delightful activities.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  9. #69
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    "Take a hike" or
    "Go fly a kite"

    As derogatory phrases it makes no sense. Both are rather delightful activities.
    "Go fly a kite" is a euphemism for "go fuck yourself". But you knew that, I'm guessing

  10. #70
    THREADKILLER Prototype's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    The one that is most capable of surprising me in that moment
    It's cherry, isn't it?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Similar Threads

  1. Which social rules do you think don't make sense?
    By Comeback Girl in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 11:28 AM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 09:42 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 02:39 PM
  4. I don't love anything... thus, nothing makes sense.
    By Athenian200 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 10:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO