User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 79

  1. #51
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What is your goal in this thread?
    Looking back at Victor's OP, there were two topics he opened for discussion:
    (1) the responses in that one very specific thread that has been annexed
    (2) group bullying as a generalized concept

    I wanted to talk about those two subjects.

    To me, that seems like a relevant goal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Who are we even talking about? Why was this person posting on forum (where people have been outright cruel before) during an episode?

    I'm only asking because I can not figure out why this thread was made. To bring it up again instead of letting it die? To make people feel bad because someone on the net might was acting weird and they responded? I might as well ask since the thread is being rehashed anyway.
    We're talking about a poster with 100+ posts here who's been here for several months; she posted during an episode because.... well, she's a paranoid schizophrenic who was paranoid about the unknown person out to get her on the boards here, and there's no logical answer beyond that.

    This thread was made because Victor was uncomfortable with how people treated his friend after there was consensus that she was mentally unhealthy. I think that's a legitimate discussion topic.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  2. #52
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    I'll venture to say this even though it's probably going to sound a bit stupid. I made a joke in the thread about shipping costs thinking I was entering into an imagination game. I did this after many posters referred to mental illness. I didn't see that as establishing any credible conclusion. My impression was that perhaps someone bought something off of ebay from someone here on the forum and was ripped off for shipping, and was really angry. Or it was some kind of inside joke or experiment on the forum. I don't know why it didn't strike me as mental illness, but it didn't. I have no idea if my comment would be hurtful because the whole thing seems quite confusing, actually. I feel badly anyway.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  3. #53
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Figured out who it is you are talking about. I just thought the guy had a weird sense of humour. Kinda sounds like a lot of the posts over at INTPc.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  4. #54
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Someone said it might be the person who posted a totally random post in my blog?

    Quote Originally Posted by random Elaur blog post
    This goes in to all of you, foster, fasolino, moyer, bergen, estes, cancellieri, haight and nuccitelli:
    FUCK YOU!
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...2-post250.html

    I would have trouble taking someone seriously who was posting randomly weird stuff like that. I have trouble thinking that mental illness makes random "trolling" any more appropriate than random trolling by anyone else. If they posted a bunch of stuff like that I can see why people reacted strangely.

    Is this not the person?

  5. #55
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Looking back at Victor's OP, there were two topics he opened for discussion:
    (1) the responses in that one very specific thread that has been annexed
    (2) group bullying as a generalized concept

    I wanted to talk about those two subjects.

    To me, that seems like a relevant goal.
    So I could walk the city streets and tell every person who is having a discussion they are achieving a goal?

    I don't think so.

  6. #56
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Someone said it might be the person who posted a totally random post in my blog?



    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...2-post250.html

    I would have trouble taking someone seriously who was posting randomly weird stuff like that.
    Yeah it almost seems like a joke, especially when the same words are posted over and over again in random threads.

    The randomness of the threads chosen also contribute to a general mindset that this person either doesn't know or care who responds or how.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Hirsch63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj
    Posts
    525

    Default

    "....Therefore I have a problem with your reply here, because you're unintentionally misdirecting an important and reasonable conversation--you're adding tone and eye-rolling to a strawman you created by not reading carefully and by not being in the first thread. And then you're taking responsibility for explaining to others what's going on when you aren't reading carefully and you weren't in the first thread."

    I take it that the privliges extended to myself in this forum continue to exist despite your attempted censure. I assume that I am just as free to interpret the OP's posts as you or any other forum member is? I know where the eye rolling emoticon is, and how to use it if I choose. An inability to endure mild sarcasm and honest disbelief in the course of an exchange may prove frustrating for you, if the need to correct the errant and offensive provokes you to admonish the less gifted with your interpretations of their words. The OP's statements are there to be read and interpreted freely I expect? Perhaps the Mods should link this thread directly to the original in question so that innocent forum members(are there any, really?) won't run the risk of being misled by those like myself who have the temerity to offer input despite deficient literacy and imperfect knowledge. Can you ever forgive me?
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

  8. #58
    Senior Member InfiniteIntrigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp
    Posts
    215

    Default

    It's unfortunate the negative stigma that is associated with mental illness.
    As a criminal justice major, I understand that many negative stereotypes associated with the mentally ill.
    I find so many mentally ill individuals to be inspiring.

    (a video a girl from my high school made about her brother)
    YouTube - Define "Music Therapy"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

  9. #59
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    "This goes in to all of you, foster, fasolino, moyer, bergen, estes, cancellieri, haight and nuccitelli:
    FUCK YOU!"

    Don't' wanna troll this thread, but does anybody else think this would be a cool automatic signature line?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  10. #60
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Don't forget this one

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...3-post254.html
    Quote Originally Posted by more weird stuff put in my blog
    oh, i forgot - politis too.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 06:58 PM
  2. Mentally and emotionally about to explode. Disorder? Type?
    By phobosdiemos in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 08:00 AM
  3. [INTJ] Un-Emotional to the point of ignoring reactive instinct?
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 09:47 AM
  4. In China, Brain Surgery is Pushed on the Mentally Ill
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO