User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Perhaps the greatest suffering of the mentally ill is social exclusion.

And that is what was delivered to a mentally ill person without a second thought.
    Is it unreasonable?

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    What did I miss!
    Apparently forum members should be able to clinically evaluate other posters to determine weather or not they are mentally ill...If a forum member does not take responsibility for the health of members they may or may not know and responds to them with posts deemed cruel and thoughtless they deserve a dressing down for their insensitivity. Make sense?
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Is it unreasonable?
    Often. I'd much rather have friends and mentors than charity workers if I had a disability. I'm not sure they all want to be treated differently and be causes or charity cases anyway.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Often. I'd much rather have friends and mentors than charity workers if I had a disability.
    How are they to reasonably know that you are not a danger to them, if you have a mental illness that manifests itself dramatically? l'm not saying it's fair, I'm just saying that there may not be anyone to blame.

How are they to reasonably know that you are not a danger to them, if you have a mental illness that manifests itself dramatically? l'm not saying it's fair, I'm just saying that there may not be anyone to blame.
    Yeh, it can definitely be difficult for people around them. I agree there are no clear rights or wrongs in it.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    there are no clear rights or wrongs in it.
    Yes there are. We have a clear duty to care for the vulnerable and those who can't care for themselves.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    Apparently forum members should be able to clinically evaluate other posters to determine weather or not they are mentally ill...If a forum member does not take responsibility for the health of members they may or may not know and responds to them with posts deemed cruel and thoughtless they deserve a dressing down for their insensitivity. Make sense?
    Were you there to perceive the context? I don't remember you posting in the thread--did you observe it?

People immediately discussed and accepted that the OP was for realz not mentally okay. We're discussing the behaviour that came after that. If you weren't even there, I'd step down from your pedestal implicitly affirming the behaviour from other posters.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Is it unreasonable?
    Ever since the Enlightenment we have known that cruelty is unreasonable.

But we seem to be turning back the Enlightenment by torturing prisoners of war and by throwing the mentally ill out on to the streets to fend for themselves.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Were you there to perceive the context? I don't remember you posting in the thread--did you observe it?

People immediately discussed and accepted that the OP was for realz not mentally okay. We're discussing the behaviour that came after that. If you weren't even there, I'd step down from your pedestal implicitly affirming the behaviour from other posters.
    I did not post in whatever thread was originally cited. I am responding to this thread, where it is implied that as forum members we sould morally be able to diagnose the mental conditions of people we have never met and cannot see...Are you prepared to take responsibility for knowing how each of us functions? If so fine, go to it. If there was in fact a clear cut case of members deliberately attacking a poster who was identifiable as mentally ill (or just upset) is that not grounds for banning? I tried to locate this thread but could not find it (that's just as well it sounds unpleasant). I'm not on any "pedestal" I have not accused other members of neglect...I took the explicit statements in this thread and followed them to their logical conclusion in response to Elaur....
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    What did I miss!
    Cliffnotes version:

(1) OP starts a thread that leaves mentally healthy readers with two options: decide if the OP is a paranoid schizophrenic having a psychotic episode, or decide if the OP is pretending to be a paranoid schizophrenic having a psychotic episode.

(2) The first person who replied left a single emoticon performing the spin around their ear symbolizing "crazy" (which I read to be a "is this for realz?" comment rather than ill intent)

(3) People commented about mental issues, Magic Sponge said this is super depressing to watch and basically bowed out of the thread after people were like "geez i can think of 100 more depressing things" because he said it wasn't a matter to take so lightheartedly

(4) OP made another comment still clearly in the same mental state, and thread members basically used OPs mental health as funny fodder for issues on the topic but did so in a way that, IMO, was disrespectful (which I don't believe they had ill intent, but I do believe they limboed under the bar of treating a fellow human with basic human decency)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis