User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    This specific thread either had someone intentionally and consistently trying to be a paranoid schizophrenic, or we had a genuine paranoid schizophrenic.
    It's quite genuine.

And if I remember correctly, you were one of the few who were kind to her.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    People who have an official mental illness or mental retardation get all the respect in the world these days.
    I find this hard to believe. As the mentally ill were expelled from the asylums and thrown onto the streets to fend for themselves.

And the mentally ill were kicked out of the asylums to simply save money.

I understand you live in New York Ajblaise. So all you have to do is open your front door and see the mentally ill trying desperately to fend for themselves on the streets of New York while the rich save on asylums and drive by in limousines.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

I understand you live in New York Ajblaise. So all you have to do is open your front door and see the mentally ill trying desperately to fend for themselves on the streets of New York while the rich save on asylums and drive by in limousines.
    It's like that in every large city in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    There can be posts that suggest mental illness, but there are also many pranksters online. There are few (if any) online here who are qualified to diagnose someone with a mental illness. Assuming people are being cruel and/or mentally ill can be an inaccurate perception. It is better to be safe than sorry by assuming all possibilities, but that includes the possibility that it isn't a worst case scenario on both ends of the communication.
    I have known the victim for six and a half years and I have made about four thousand posts here. So I assume nothing.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have known the victim for six and a half years and I have made about four thousand posts here. So I assume nothing.
    Is it possible that some people are not being intentionally cruel and have an inaccurate perception of a mentally ill poster?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I find this hard to believe. As the mentally ill were expelled from the asylums and thrown onto the streets to fend for themselves.

And the mentally ill were kicked out of the asylums to simply save money.

For much of history, there were no treatment centers or diagnoses period. Is there a better time in history to have been born with severe mental illness than now?

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Is it possible that some people are not being intentionally cruel?
    Yes, I do think the emotional cruelty is unintentional - but that only makes it worse.

It is unintentional because it is taken for granted.

And it is unintentional because everybody else is doing it.

It is unintentional because it is mob psychology backed by a society that very intentionally expelled the mentally ill from proper care in order to save money.

It is the unintentional cruelty of a cruel society.

The Enlightenment took the mentally ill out of the prisons and gave them sanctuary in the asylum.

But in this superstitious world we are entering, the Enlightenment has been overturned and the vulnerable are the victims.

And as Biaxident says, you can see them on the streets of your cities, while we worry about our personality type or star sign.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    People who have an official mental illness or mental retardation get all the respect in the world these days. It's the people who are moderately ill or retarded, with no diagnosis to deflect the world, who are treated worse.

If your IQ is below 70, you will be treated with kids gloves for the rest of your life. If it's 85.... "Who the fuck is this idiot?!"
    +1

Also, Victor, how certain are you that all of these posts were intended as "cruelty" or bullying. It is an unusual thing to be faced with, and perhaps people were attempting to deflect the strangeness of it, or turn it into something light hearted to change the subject.

How do you know that people suffering from other less obvious mental illnesses aren't on this forum every day.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

Also, Victor, how certain are you that all of these posts were intended as "cruelty" or bullying. It is an unusual thing to be faced with, and perhaps people were attempting to deflect the strangeness of it, or turn it into something light hearted to change the subject.

How do you know that people suffering from other less obvious mental illnesses aren't on this forum every day.
    Indeed.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, I do think the emotional cruelty is unintentional - but that only makes it worse.

It is unintentional because it is taken for granted.

And it is unintentional because everybody else is doing it.

It is unintentional because it is mob psychology backed by a society that very intentionally expelled the mentally ill from proper care in order to save money.
    Thanks St. Ronnie!

It is the unintentional cruelty of a cruel society.
    It's just what happens in any society. Mentally ill people destabilize society, whether that's morally justified or not. It's a cruel tragedy, but this is one of those circumstances where life's just not fair, and there's very little we as a society can do to counteract this.

The Enlightenment took the mentally ill out of the prisons and gave them sanctuary in the asylum.
    Many of those asylums were nothing but glorified prisons.

But in this superstitious world we are entering, the Enlightenment has been overturned and the vulnerable are the victims.

And as Biaxident says, you can see them on the streets of your cities, while we worry about our personality type or star sign.
    What do you want to do about it when individual effort won't be enough? Get out there and start helping instead of complaining about a personality site.